#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Concussion.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

When Eaves got hit I worried that he was hurt really badly, I wish I'd been wrong.
If his career ended because of that puck that would break my heart, I love him as a Red Wing.
(on another note, if his career were to end, I also feel for Josi, I can't imagine how bad he must have felt initially and ending somebody's career would be a terrible way to begin yours)

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#23 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Poor guy. Never has a chance to get his game to 100%. I remember last season, right after his hat-trick game, he was injured. If it wasn't for his injuries, I don't see why he couldn't be a 20 goal scorer.

Yeah, what's to stop Chris Chelios Patrick Eaves from scoring 20 goals?

I kid, I kid. I actually agree with you here. This has been a troubling string of injuries in more than one way. Broken jaws aren't easy to come back from, and concussions are even tougher. I hope we get another chance to see him play at 100% in the winged wheel again next year, but I hold out zero hope that we'll see he again this season... and even if we did, he'd be a shadow of his full tilt self -- hardly the kind of situation you want in the playoffs.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#24 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Patrick Eaves doesn't expect to return to Red Wings this season

"I think I'm pointing towards next season," Eaves said as he was walking out of the Wings' locker room at Joe Louis Arena. "If I can make it back, great. But I'm more focused on taking care of this once and for all.

"I still have the headaches frequently."

#25 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, what's to stop Chris Chelios Patrick Eaves from scoring 20 goals?

I kid, I kid. I actually agree with you here. This has been a troubling string of injuries in more than one way. Broken jaws aren't easy to come back from, and concussions are even tougher. I hope we get another chance to see him play at 100% in the winged wheel again next year, but I hold out zero hope that we'll see he again this season... and even if we did, he'd be a shadow of his full tilt self -- hardly the kind of situation you want in the playoffs.

Topic Sidenote: God, I miss Sir Drake!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).