• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

ATOs for Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Just to keep everyone in the know, the Wings and Griffins have extended Amatuer Try-Outs to a handful of our prospects. All should be familiar names:

Oulette

Sproul

Almqvist

Sheahan

Griffin games are getting even more exciting now.

Sheahan has looked awesome thus far, so I recommend everyone to catch a game or two before seasons end.

Oullette did get an AMO but is about to advance in the playoffs.

AA is perhaps the most intriguing to me

Also, Quine's name can be added to that list. I think he's even playing tonight

I knew I forgot someone. And yes XO's team (and yes it is Xavier's team since he is team captain and carrying that team) just advanced in the playoffs.

A2 is not small. He's 5'11" and 175. He is playing with the Griffins next year full time and should be able to add another 10-15 pounds to his frame.

Sproul and Smith are going to be a treat to watch on the PP :)

I knew I forgot someone. And yes XO's team (and yes it is Xavier's team since he is team captain and carrying that team) just advanced in the playoffs.

A2 is not small. He's 5'11" and 175. He is playing with the Griffins next year full time and should be able to add another 10-15 pounds to his frame.

Yeah, the Armada are looking like a force right now and Oullette is racking up some points.

I've always had a soft spot for AA. I really hope the size thing is overblown. RWC has him listed at 5'10 and 175lbs which really isn't bad. but it all comes down to how much strength he has. I think we may see his point production be quite good in GR.

I want to catch the Griffs on Friday. That's going to be sweet. I really like Sproul as well. I think the Wings' D prospects are severely underrated when you consider Smith, Oullette, Sproul, AA, Jensen, and Backman. Only Smith is NHL close but when you consider Marchenko and Marshall as well they have a lot to look foward to.

Yeah, this would make the Griffins a bunch more fun to watch... How long has it been since this many good prospects were on the team at the same time???

It's almost like the Monarchs out there! :yowza:

Almqvist will be the slowest to develop but could be amazing. My two cents.

Edited by Majsheppard

5'11, 175 should not be used in the same sentence as the words not small. The guy is seriously small for an NHL defenseman.

With all these dmen heading to Grand Rapids I wonder if Sheahan will still man the point on the PP, especially with Smith coming back. I have a feeling Lashoff and Pyett will see their PP time gone which is a good thing

5'11, 175 should not be used in the same sentence as the words not small. The guy is seriously small for an NHL defenseman.

With all these dmen heading to Grand Rapids I wonder if Sheahan will still man the point on the PP, especially with Smith coming back. I have a feeling Lashoff and Pyett will see their PP time gone which is a good thing

If 5'11" is small then how do we classify Ben Marshall?

And since when did 5'11" become small? He's not tiny, but he's not big. Once he fills out in a year or two he'll be knocking on 6 foot and 190.

And I agree with Pyett and Lashoff. They are brutal.

And since when did 5'11" become small? He's not tiny, but he's not big. Once he fills out in a year or two he'll be knocking on 6 foot and 190.

And I agree with Pyett and Lashoff. They are brutal.

5'11 is considered small for a forward but not too bad. But for a defenseman thats ridiculously small. Ian White and Enstrom are probably the only 2 d men in the league that size but they both have good foot speed. That small while being slow like Almquist isnt a good combo. Hopefully his speed improves, and he does grow a bit or else I dont see him being an NHLer.

Nedommlel is also joining the griffins

Don't pay much attention to the minors, do we have any realistic expectations for any of these guys, or is it too early to tell?

Sproul has a legit chance someday to make the Wings. XO just win best defender in the Q. A2 has a chance to be a 4-5 tweener because of his high hockey IQ. Quine looks like a Chris Connor clone. If Big Ned works on his defense he will be a fan favorite in Detroit in no time.

Sheahan looks like he will be a very good third liner someday.

Sproul has a legit chance someday to make the Wings. XO just win best defender in the Q. A2 has a chance to be a 4-5 tweener because of his high hockey IQ. Quine looks like a Chris Connor clone. If Big Ned works on his defense he will be a fan favorite in Detroit in no time.

Sheahan looks like he will be a very good third liner someday.

Did they announce Xavier won? I saw he was nominated but not that he had actually been awarded it. Ouellet is the one I have highest hopes for, he will be the top dman in the Q next year and hopefully be on team Canada. Sproul also has potential but he is much more raw so I'm not sure. He could be on Canada next year as well.

Quine is bigger than Connor so he will be more effective at a similar style of game I think. He also has a team Canada chance.

Just to keep everyone in the know, the Wings and Griffins have extended Amatuer Try-Outs to a handful of our prospects. All should be familiar names:

Oulette

Sproul

Almqvist

Sheahan

Griffin games are getting even more exciting now.

Sheahan has looked awesome thus far, so I recommend everyone to catch a game or two before seasons end.

Didn't I read today that Oulette and Sproul have signed with the organization? Sheahan was very impressive all year long with ND and I expect more to come from him! I remember back when on one of the days that we were discussing players that you would absolutely not trade, I always included Sheahan. I think he is going to be a beast once he breaks Detroit's lineup, maybe not exactly like, but almost like Brendan Shanahan type player...given the right players to play with...

5'11 is considered small for a forward but not too bad. But for a defenseman thats ridiculously small. Ian White and Enstrom are probably the only 2 d men in the league that size but they both have good foot speed. That small while being slow like Almquist isnt a good combo. Hopefully his speed improves, and he does grow a bit or else I dont see him being an NHLer.

kronner is listed as 6'0 190lbs and ian white is 5'10 191lbs. i think size could be less of an issue than you think in this case. if he comes close to 6 feet and 190lbs his size will not be what keeps him out of the nhl.

Didn't I read today that Oulette and Sproul have signed with the organization? Sheahan was very impressive all year long with ND and I expect more to come from him! I remember back when on one of the days that we were discussing players that you would absolutely not trade, I always included Sheahan. I think he is going to be a beast once he breaks Detroit's lineup, maybe not exactly like, but almost like Brendan Shanahan type player...given the right players to play with...

Either you're completely undervaluing Shanny or overvaluing Sheahan.

Is that the big physical d-man we drafted last year? Hopefully him and Sheahan raise a little hell in the minors. Good to see all these top prospects playing in GR as the season winds down.

Is that the big physical d-man we drafted last year? Hopefully him and Sheahan raise a little hell in the minors. Good to see all these top prospects playing in GR as the season winds down.

Yeah but he didnt seem to be doing nearly as much of the pugilistic type stuff this season so I'm not sure what to expect of his game.

Sheahan also hasnt thrown his weight around much but is extremely solid out there already, guys hit him and they bounce off

Yeah but he didnt seem to be doing nearly as much of the pugilistic type stuff this season so I'm not sure what to expect of his game.

Sheahan also hasnt thrown his weight around much but is extremely solid out there already, guys hit him and they bounce off

Ned has really worked on his offense by the looks of it, nearly quadrupled his numbers this year although he has a horrible -35 rating, but I think that's because his team was bad this year.

Only 3 fights on the year, but at 6-4 225 I don't think many people would want to fight him.

Ned has really worked on his offense by the looks of it, nearly quadrupled his numbers this year although he has a horrible -35 rating, but I think that's because his team was bad this year.

Only 3 fights on the year, but at 6-4 225 I don't think many people would want to fight him.

Yeah he seems like a natural brawler. He came over from Euope and just started scrapping in the worlds toughest junior league and doing well. Sure its nice that he fights but hes a big hitter as well and I dont mind him cutting back if it means hes focussing on other parts of his game that can get him to the NHL

So GR's back end next year will have Lashoff, Almqvist, Ehrhardt, Fournier (if he makes the team) along with hopefully Janik and Exelby along with hopefully NO Logan Pyett. Ugh.

Janik-Lashoff

Fournier-Ehrhardt

Exelby-Almqvist

...Meh...

The forward crew is probably far more exciting.

Yeah he seems like a natural brawler. He came over from Euope and just started scrapping in the worlds toughest junior league and doing well. Sure its nice that he fights but hes a big hitter as well and I dont mind him cutting back if it means hes focussing on other parts of his game that can get him to the NHL

Hell, his junior league in Europe wanted out of there because they thought he fought too much. Big Ned could be that 6-7th DMan that we all want if he focuses on his defense more.