• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Is that the big physical d-man we drafted last year? Hopefully him and Sheahan raise a little hell in the minors. Good to see all these top prospects playing in GR as the season winds down.

Yeah but he didnt seem to be doing nearly as much of the pugilistic type stuff this season so I'm not sure what to expect of his game.

Sheahan also hasnt thrown his weight around much but is extremely solid out there already, guys hit him and they bounce off

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#22 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yeah but he didnt seem to be doing nearly as much of the pugilistic type stuff this season so I'm not sure what to expect of his game.

Sheahan also hasnt thrown his weight around much but is extremely solid out there already, guys hit him and they bounce off

Ned has really worked on his offense by the looks of it, nearly quadrupled his numbers this year although he has a horrible -35 rating, but I think that's because his team was bad this year.

Only 3 fights on the year, but at 6-4 225 I don't think many people would want to fight him.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#23 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Ned has really worked on his offense by the looks of it, nearly quadrupled his numbers this year although he has a horrible -35 rating, but I think that's because his team was bad this year.

Only 3 fights on the year, but at 6-4 225 I don't think many people would want to fight him.

Yeah he seems like a natural brawler. He came over from Euope and just started scrapping in the worlds toughest junior league and doing well. Sure its nice that he fights but hes a big hitter as well and I dont mind him cutting back if it means hes focussing on other parts of his game that can get him to the NHL

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#24 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

So GR's back end next year will have Lashoff, Almqvist, Ehrhardt, Fournier (if he makes the team) along with hopefully Janik and Exelby along with hopefully NO Logan Pyett. Ugh.

Janik-Lashoff
Fournier-Ehrhardt
Exelby-Almqvist

...Meh...

The forward crew is probably far more exciting.

#25 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Yeah he seems like a natural brawler. He came over from Euope and just started scrapping in the worlds toughest junior league and doing well. Sure its nice that he fights but hes a big hitter as well and I dont mind him cutting back if it means hes focussing on other parts of his game that can get him to the NHL

Hell, his junior league in Europe wanted out of there because they thought he fought too much. Big Ned could be that 6-7th DMan that we all want if he focuses on his defense more.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#26 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

So GR's back end next year will have Lashoff, Almqvist, Ehrhardt, Fournier (if he makes the team) along with hopefully Janik and Exelby along with hopefully NO Logan Pyett. Ugh.

Janik-Lashoff
Fournier-Ehrhardt
Exelby-Almqvist

...Meh...

What about sproul and oulette? did i misread something?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Janik-Lashoff
Fournier-Ehrhardt
Exelby-Almqvist

...Meh...

I read that Almqvist will return to Europe next year... I forget where, but like Sproul and Ouellet... they just want to give them a taste to motivate them to improve.

What about sproul and oulette? did i misread something?

Yeah, the ATO does not affect their standings with their respective clubs. The Wings brass just wants them to play a bit or at least practice with the Griffins instead of doing nothing, but they will not be back in GR unless they seriously impress with the ATO.

As always the Wings would rather they over ripe before moving to the next level.

Plus, I might be wrong but I believe the three year deals they signed automatically become a four year deal if they aren't brought up to the pros in year one.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#28 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Just read a tweet that DeKeyser has announced that he will return to WMU next season, so dont expect any contracts of any kind towards him.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

I read that Almqvist will return to Europe next year... I forget where, but like Sproul and Ouellet... they just want to give them a taste to motivate them to improve.

Yesterday I read A2 was here for good.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hell, his junior league in Europe wanted out of there because they thought he fought too much. Big Ned could be that 6-7th DMan that we all want if he focuses on his defense more.

He was kicked out of his czech junior league for being too violent. 19 points, and 221 PIMS!!! in 44 games, thats nearly 420 pims in a full NHL season lol. He still plays physical over here but its more the norm in the WHL.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

He was kicked out of his czech junior league for being too violent. 19 points, and 221 PIMS!!! in 44 games, thats nearly 420 pims in a full NHL season lol. He still plays physical over here but its more the norm in the WHL.

Now this is the type of euro we needed! Hope he continues to work on his game and make it to the NHL :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#32 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nedomlel the next Jiri Fischer perhaps?

Fischer's mean streak is missed by some including myself.

#33 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Nedomlel the next Jiri Fischer perhaps?

Fischer's mean streak is missed by some including myself.

Definately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giFQKTvFMo

Plus one of the classiest guys off the ice ever, had a grand ole chat with him after a Wings game here in Calgary a couple of years ago, great guy :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Definately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giFQKTvFMo

Plus one of the classiest guys off the ice ever, had a grand ole chat with him after a Wings game here in Calgary a couple of years ago, great guy :thumbup:

I definitely remember that one. Right after the two decks it was all, "How does my dick taste Scotty?"

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I hope Almqvist plays a ton no matter where he plays next year. He didn't improve as much as he should have... which usually means leave him where he was until he does.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#36 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

As any one else taken noticed of all the Wings prospects being added to the Griffins roster over the last week or so?

Ryan Sproul
Adam Almqvist
Xavier Oullette
Riley Sheahan
Richard Nedomel
Alan Quine

Sproul

Almqvist, Quince, Nedomel

Edited by mmamolo, 28 March 2012 - 08:46 AM.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#37 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

http://www.letsgowin...-atos-for-grap/

Yep.

#38 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

I just wish it was easier to see some of these games online, and for free.

#39 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Someone, on HFBoards, noted all Wings and Griffins games can be seen on RedWingsLive.net onc eyou register. The poster implied that it was free. I've never used it before though
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's super easy. Our very own Drum streams them.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank