• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cali-Wing-Nut

JUCK UCKING POTT!

Rate this topic

I know we've won two games but man were they good ones. This is a thread of Pre-Playoff relief now that we have most of our guys back and we are playing like the team we know and love. Repaired, dialed in and finally tearing it up.. our Boys are back in town!!

GO WINGS!!

I wouldn't go as far to say that we are playing the way we should, but we are certainly getting back to the lineup that we're used to. Hopefully they can restore some chemistry with the last few games of the season and be ready for round 1.

And speaking of getting healthy, per Ansar Khan...

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/184652505202950144

Franzen said he's playing tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/184653471998414851

Wings' Ericsson said his status for tomorrow will be decided after morning skate

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/184654719292149760

Wings' Howard said he felt good in first full practice in more than a week. Still hopeful of playing Friday.

the chemistry looked great last night if you ask me. the couple no look, behind the back passes that lead to goals are the plays we want to see. means we finally have a system thats working, or everyone is finally figuring out where everyone else is without looking.

i know it was CBJ, but still, plays like that can happen against any team.

Wait... how many goals were allowed the last two games?!?!? Oh, and were either of those teams playoff teams?

Not to be the downer, but this doesn't mean anything but a bit more confidence. Hold off until they play Nashville before you make a judgement.

Allowing 4 goals against Carolina and 2 against Columbus is not good, but you have to remember that Conklin was in goal for both games. The two that he let in last night were shots that I feel MacDonald or Howard would have stopped. Overall, they're playing better defense and should be ready to go come playoff time.

Looking at the last two games, the thing I am hoping is that the special teams play is improving and will continue to improve.

The first two PPs last night looked great, I want that to continue, and for the PK to keep improving. Obviously getting Lidstrom back will be huge in that regard.

I don't have any of the numbers in front of me but it seems like the Wings are taking a lot of penalties recently. Improved special teams or not, the Wings need to stay out of the box as they are the best 5 on 5 team in the league.

Not to be the downer, but this doesn't mean anything but a bit more confidence. Hold off until they play Nashville before you make a judgement.

Right, because gaining confidence is completely overrated in snapping a losing streak right before heading into the post season.

i get the feeling CBJ wouldnt have scored those 2, particularly the one where their forward walked in from the neutral zone, if we werent winning by 7 goals. we took our foot off the pedal somewhere in the second

i get the feeling CBJ wouldnt have scored those 2, particularly the one where their forward walked in from the neutral zone, if we werent winning by 7 goals. we took our foot off the pedal somewhere in the second

From what I read about his postgame comments, Babcock felt the same. Ken & Mickey have echoed comments like that in big blowout games. A team that's up by 5 or 6 goals is not going to keep the same focus as a team that's playing in a 0-0 tie, or protecting a 1 goal lead.

While the last 2 games have helped us in the standings, and helped restore a little confidence in this team, there is still work to be done. Let's see how we play on the road tomorrow, then a real test for this team with Nashville in town on Friday.

Wait... how many goals were allowed the last two games?!?!? Oh, and were either of those teams playoff teams?

Agree. Not only was it CBJ but most of their top d-men were out too, and their top d-men aren't as good as ours so it was even worse for them. Murph was even pointing out how out of position their inexperienced defense was on the goals. On the flipside though, always good to get a win!

esteef

Give credit where it's due. The Red Wings have looked WAY better the past two games. There is certainly room for improvement, but they are making strides and getting healthy in the process.

I know you are an advocate for finishing 6th, but these two wins certainly do mean something. The Wings are 4th in the conference now and five points ahead of Chicago.

The problem last night is columbus just blows for one and secondly they are injured understaffed. I don't think letting in the 2 goals meant anything though, of course a team is going to let up when they are up by 7.

I was much more impressed by the Carolina game than the Columbus game for a couple of reasons. Obviously the come from behind was sweet, but mostly what I liked most was the style of game they played. Good hard working north/south hockey is what wins games in the playoffs and that's what they did. All that fancy pants, east/west, no look passing, stuff works against s*** teams, and looks really cool, but won't work in a tight checking, hard working type of game. Obviously I'm happy with any win, but if I did have to nit pick the Columbus game, I would have liked for them to keep it simple and fundamental, rather than Harlem Globetrotter esque (Datsyuk excluded as he's good enough to do what he wants). Either way, glad to see them coming around.

Edited by kipwinger

It's not that they beat them, it's how the played when they beat them. A big comeback from a 4-1 deficit when we all know they could have just coasted to a loss and then a huge blowout with some jawdropping moves (not to mention two PP goals)

St Louis has also lost to both these teams (2-1 to CBJ and 2-0 to CAR) recently

They needed any type of win against Carolina and did so and gave Columbus little chance, making the game all but over early against a bad team like they needed to do.

Not completely anointing our team back from the recent dead but I think they've finally turned the corner with the roster health improving accordingly.

Give credit where it's due. The Red Wings have looked WAY better the past two games. There is certainly room for improvement, but they are making strides and getting healthy in the process.

I know you are an advocate for finishing 6th, but these two wins certainly do mean something. The Wings are 4th in the conference now and five points ahead of Chicago.

I gave credit.

They beat Carolina and Columbus. They got 4 points. Their is your credit.

They still allowed plenty of goals and scored goals against teams who have pretty poor defenses. What more credit do you want?

Lol I think you just wanted to make a thread called "JUCK ******* POTT"

Hey I left the F off of Ucking lol. The title was chosen because everytime I see it I lmao. Its one of the good things that happened during that game and unfortunatley more people werent in the thread to enjoy it like I did.

Regardless, just like that makes me smile so does the team now that they are looking like their selves again.

I posted ccause with our win yestereday we clinched a playoff berth for the 21st time in a row and the pressure is off that we may not even go. Its just a happy go lucky lets go wings thread and be optimistic about things going forward.

is that from a movie or something?

No it was the funniest drunk typing outburst Ive probably ever read. Its in CrimsonFlame's sig now. It was in the GDT on Saturday and anyone that was there were cracking up over it. If I had drunk spell checker it was supposed to be typed Jack ****** Pot in regards to Holland and his supposed less than stellar choice of picking almost all of our players. Dont ask me to paraphrase beyond that since it makes zero sense other than the guy being angry, drunk and in desperate need of spelling skills.

We're playing much, much better.......but that doesn't mean we're "back." We're not "back" until everyone on our roster is healthy and playing at 100%, which isn't happening right now. Doesn't mean we're not playing better than we were, and clinching a playoff spot was definitely a good feeling, but please remember that GD is Overreaction Central, and the first time we we lose a couple games in a row, or even lose one game really badly, there's going to be a score of threads here about how the team is done, we're over, and fire/trade/release ___________. It happens every time.

So I'm not rushing off to the store to buy a bottle of champers for the victory parade just yet.