• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

They needed any type of win against Carolina and did so and gave Columbus little chance, making the game all but over early against a bad team like they needed to do.

Not completely anointing our team back from the recent dead but I think they've finally turned the corner with the roster health improving accordingly.

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Give credit where it's due. The Red Wings have looked WAY better the past two games. There is certainly room for improvement, but they are making strides and getting healthy in the process.

I know you are an advocate for finishing 6th, but these two wins certainly do mean something. The Wings are 4th in the conference now and five points ahead of Chicago.

I gave credit.

They beat Carolina and Columbus. They got 4 points. Their is your credit.

They still allowed plenty of goals and scored goals against teams who have pretty poor defenses. What more credit do you want?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Lol I think you just wanted to make a thread called "JUCKf****** POTT"

Hey I left the F off of Ucking lol. The title was chosen because everytime I see it I lmao. Its one of the good things that happened during that game and unfortunatley more people werent in the thread to enjoy it like I did.

Regardless, just like that makes me smile so does the team now that they are looking like their selves again.

I posted ccause with our win yestereday we clinched a playoff berth for the 21st time in a row and the pressure is off that we may not even go. Its just a happy go lucky lets go wings thread and be optimistic about things going forward.

is that from a movie or something?

No it was the funniest drunk typing outburst Ive probably ever read. Its in CrimsonFlame's sig now. It was in the GDT on Saturday and anyone that was there were cracking up over it. If I had drunk spell checker it was supposed to be typed Jack ****** Pot in regards to Holland and his supposed less than stellar choice of picking almost all of our players. Dont ask me to paraphrase beyond that since it makes zero sense other than the guy being angry, drunk and in desperate need of spelling skills.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#24 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

We're playing much, much better.......but that doesn't mean we're "back." We're not "back" until everyone on our roster is healthy and playing at 100%, which isn't happening right now. Doesn't mean we're not playing better than we were, and clinching a playoff spot was definitely a good feeling, but please remember that GD is Overreaction Central, and the first time we we lose a couple games in a row, or even lose one game really badly, there's going to be a score of threads here about how the team is done, we're over, and fire/trade/release ___________. It happens every time.

So I'm not rushing off to the store to buy a bottle of champers for the victory parade just yet.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#25 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Case in point, tonight. Just don't jump guns.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#26 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Case in point, tonight. Just don't jump guns.

What are you complaining about? Weve played like this on the road the whole season lol :hehe:

****especially against POS teams

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut, 28 March 2012 - 09:33 PM.

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#27 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

WOOT!!!!

WHAT

A

WIN!!!!!

If the Wings didnt look like the Wings we love tonight, you need a new TV. Save for the breakdown during that major we played at the level that wins playoff games. We ground it out, muscled up as best we could and equaled the performance of the Blues to take the win.

Gotta ask, who else was having a heart attack and a mental breakdown during the game? That was Playoff hockey a few days early :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

It's great to get these two points, but, damn, I must've been watching a different hockey game, because the Wings that I watched tonight looked very much like a team that does not have its s*** together.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

It's great to get these two points, but, damn, I must've been watching a different hockey game, because the Wings that I watched tonight looked very much like a team that does not have its s*** together.

Then you need a new TV...

I guess winning 7-2 would have been a bit more fulfilling, we were playing against the best team in the league.

This team has the best D in the league.

Also has one of the best PP and PK in the league.

A goalie with a 1.48 GAA

Oh who just so happened to have 3 consecutive shutouts, and rolling on well over 200 scoreless minutes in net.

Yeah,we totally blew it, running around like a bunch of high school kids. :rolleyes:
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#30 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Then you need a new TV...

I guess winning 7-2 would have been a bit more fulfilling, we were playing against the best team in the league.

This team has the best D in the league.

Also has one of the best PP and PK in the league.

A goalie with a 1.48 GAA

Oh who just so happened to have 3 consecutive shutouts, and rolling on well over 200 scoreless minutes in net.

Yeah,we totally blew it, running around like a bunch of high school kids. :rolleyes:

The Blues definitely aren't the best team in the league, but it was a good win.

Special teams need A LOT of work, or Nashville will kill this team.

Edited by Trapt1307, 05 April 2012 - 12:57 AM.

"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#31 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

The only problem tonight was Kindl, without those two flubs we might have been looking at a shutout.

#32 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

The Blues definitely aren't the best team in the league, but it was a good win.

Special teams need A LOT of work, or Nashville will kill this team.

Up till tonight they were..

Yes our PP needs a firecracker up its ass

BTW Would you like to tell me what constitutes a good game by the Wings? According to quite a few it would require a new team, finishing the season with 164 points, 0 GAA and +95 for every player on the team :blink:

We played a full 65 minute game against a very big shutdown team and came away the victor. Cant ask for much more than that.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#33 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

The only problem tonight was Kindl, without those two flubs we might have been looking at a shutout.

What I was going to say as well. He could be the new E, who has become quite stable.

That being said, that Gustav Nyquist is one heck of a talent.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#34 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Wings are definetly playing better. I'm not sure if they are back at 100% yet. They did win a couple of really good games but I'm still concerned with our special teams especially our Power Play. Going 0 for 4 and the 4th one being a 5 Minute Power Play that we gave up a Short-Handed Goal on just scares me. Both games were won in a Shootout and that's not gonna happen in the Playoffs. Hopefully our team can get these issues resolved ASAP and be a better team in the Playoffs. Having Home Ice should help and hopefully the Wings will have it but they do still need to play a bit better going into the playoffs.