Another jersey question (sorry)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TexasWingsFan

TexasWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm in a great mood after a solid win and being 'turtle day' I couldn't help getting sentimental about the past watching the video in that thread. I really want to buy a McCarty CCM jersey (not the new reebok crap). I did some basic eugoogalizing but couldn't find much that wasn't autographed. That would be cool but I want to be able to wear it. Anybody have any website suggestions? Maybe somewhere that has a stockpile of old CCM jerseys?

#2 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

I know it's probably the obvious answer but have you checked ebay? Outside of that, finding a non-autographed McCarty jersey may be tough.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#3 TexasWingsFan

TexasWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

Yeah, tried eBay and they were all autographed. I think there may have been one but it was the wrong size. I just find it hard to believe there's not a small surplus of older jerseys out there after the league went to reebok.

#4 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

http://www.customthr...d44523230303241

#5 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Just keep checking ebay. They do come up every now and then. You could also buy another player's jersey, and have the name/number replaced with McCarty's.

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Doesn't the NHL website allow you to customize sweaters? I think it costs an arm and a leg, but I recall seeing that at one point in time.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Doesn't the NHL website allow you to customize sweaters? I think it costs an arm and a leg, but I recall seeing that at one point in time.

Arm, leg and a kidney, and the results are expensive and not that great.

Try sportsk. Much cheaper, they sew everything, and better quality.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#8 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Not sure what size you're looking for or if you're dead-set on it being a CCM but I found a couple on eBay.

Nike L: http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ebc9e35ab
CCM SM: http://www.ebay.com/...=item4164150305

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#9 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Ok - here's a site that'll have what ya want...They used to have an ebay store (bought a Horton #7 1968 era CCM Leafs jersey - really nice).

Custom Throwback Jerseys

EDIT - even though the guys above did a really good job on the sewing with my old-school Leafs jersey - you might inquire if they have a blank Wings jersey, and then send it to SportsK.com who IMHO are the best.

Edited by F.Michael, 27 March 2012 - 10:56 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#10 TexasWingsFan

TexasWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

F.Michael, that site is awesome thanks! I agree with everyone else about sportsk, I've purchased 5 jerseys from them and they are the best. I looked at their website and didn't see any old CCM jerseys besides already customized Yzerman ones, but I should give them a call and ask if they have any laying around. Thanks for the replies guys.

If anybody is reading this in the future and looking for jerseys, sportsk.com is number one.

Edit: sorry Copenhagen, just saw the link you posted, thanks!

Edited by TexasWingsFan, 27 March 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#11 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

If you wait it out and check ebay semi often, you'll find an almost mint Mac CCM jersey in your size for 50 dollars or less.

If you want a true to the era 96-97' season jersey, go for a Nike.

CCM and Nike made awesome jerseys and can be found cheap on ebay with a little patience and perseverance.

You can also get a pretty cheap blank off of ebay and have it customized with new lettering for around 40 bucks more at a local shop.

#12 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Does anyone know if SportsK.com has an actual store in Michigan? I'm going to be on the eastside this weekend and would love to pick up a new jersey, it is so hard to find ones that do not have the nhl.com nameplate style
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#13 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm in a great mood after a solid win and being 'turtle day' I couldn't help getting sentimental about the past watching the video in that thread. I really want to buy a McCarty CCM jersey (not the new reebok crap). I did some basic eugoogalizing but couldn't find much that wasn't autographed. That would be cool but I want to be able to wear it. Anybody have any website suggestions? Maybe somewhere that has a stockpile of old CCM jerseys?

Oh, I thought you were going to tell me what a bad eugooglizer I am" "A what?" " What you didn't think i knew what a eugooglizer was?

Posted Image

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#14 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Does anyone know if SportsK.com has an actual store in Michigan? I'm going to be on the eastside this weekend and would love to pick up a new jersey, it is so hard to find ones that do not have the nhl.com nameplate style

I would highly suggest Sport's Haven Pro Shop. They are the best for Red Wing's jerseys.

Their Facebook
Map to their location

#15 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

This is their mailing address, but I don't know if it's a storefront- 19051 Ecorse Road Allen Park, Michigan 48101. Could be a small shop that only works online.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#16 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

This is their mailing address, but I don't know if it's a storefront- 19051 Ecorse Road Allen Park, Michigan 48101. Could be a small shop that only works online.

SportsK is online only, you're right.

Edited by Jasper84, 28 March 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#17 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

SportsK is online only, you're right.

You can order online and pickup there.
RIP #24