• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

$2-3M???? Stuart is worth more like $4-5M.

Anyway, he ain't coming back, thats why we got Quincey.

That's my take as well.

Seems as though most people are fully aware of his desire to play in California for the remainder of his career.

That said - Quincey can be a decent #4/#5 Dman on the Red Wings, and I'm guessing he'll sign a 3 to 5 year deal sometime this spring/summer.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

That's my take as well.

Seems as though most people are fully aware of his desire to play in California for the remainder of his career.

That said - Quincey can be a decent #4/#5 Dman on the Red Wings, and I'm guessing he'll sign a 3 to 5 year deal sometime this spring/summer.

I wish Stuart luck out West, but I feel for the guy, considering he was knocked around the league a lot the years prior to landing in Detroit and he seems to have found that ideal environment here. Really unfortunate that he'll have to give that up, most likely for good. Family first, great guy; hope he gets cheered at the Joe, even if he is wearing teal.

I think Holland should qualify an offer to Quincey around $3mil a year with a few years term. He has played decent, but I'm not completely sold yet. At that price he either signs and stays or possibly signs an offer sheet, in which case the Wings would be due compensation in the form of 1st and 3rd round picks if they let him walk (based on the price point). http://thehockeywrit...ensation-rules/

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

It would be quite a deep but very congested lineup if Nick and Stewie come back.

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Quincey
Kindl-Smith

Looks like a lineup for video games.

#24 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

I wish we could keep Stuart he is nothing but a class act. I wish him all the best in the future, because I really don't see him coming back.
IPB Image

#25 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm gonna miss Stuart if he goes west. He has been really consistent since he came here in 2007-08, and he adds a nice amount of grit to the D. He's gonna get a nice payday out in California and he deserves it. Hopefully he signs with the Kings.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#26 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

If he does leave Holland should Trade his rights for some players or picks.
Posted Image

#27 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

If he does leave Holland should Trade his rights for some players or picks.
Posted Image

Kenny won't be able to get anything for his rights given his family situation is very public information. The CA teams know it and realistically won't give up anything if they know their competition is extremely limited.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Kenny won't be able to get anything for his rights given his family situation is very public information. The CA teams know it and realistically won't give up anything if they know their competition is extremely limited.

True. The only way I could see it happening is if one of the three Cali teams had info that at least one of the others was planning to woo him come July 1 and wanted to get in early.

If this was Zetterberg or someone like that, I could see it. Stuart? Not so much.

I think if a team is going for Stuart, they'll be willing to wait.

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'd really love to be able to keep both of them. Stuart has been a quality guy since we got him in 07/08. I don't think he will stay but it would be nice to keep him if we can whether Liddy stays or goes. As for Quincey we have given up way to much to get him back and I'd hate to see him go after this season, he's a good young Defenseman with a lot of talent and skill and still has youth on his side. So both of them would be great to keep however for some reason I just don't see us being able to keep Stuart, I hope I'm wrong but based on some of the stuff I've heard whether it's just rumors or not it seems he may go back to California next season.