• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/28 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

The Red Wings roll into Nationwide Arena riding a 2 game winning streak, while Columbus has lost 2 in a row, and 7 of their last 10. Detroit currently holds the 4th seed in the Western Conference with 97 points, 1 point ahead of idle Nasvhille, with 1 game in hand over the Predators. Columbus is currently dead last in the entire league at 55 points, and they hold a 48.2% chance of the 1st pick in the Draft Lottery, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie.

Detroit clinched a playoff spot with their most recent win, a 7-2 skills contest over the same Blue Jackets on Monday March 26th. It is the 21st straight trip to the playoffs for the Red Wings, which means that playoff streak is now old enough to buy an alcoholic beverage. Cheers! :beerbuddy:

A few injury & lineup updates for tonight's game, courtesy of MLive's Ansar Khan...

Ericsson said he is playing tonight. He's been out since Feb 25 with fractured wrist. Kindl is out
(Babcock) confirmed that Howard not playing tonight and reiterated there is no way he will play Friday vs. Nashville
Franzen, back after missing 4 games, will play on line with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi. Nyquist will play with Emmerton and Holmstrom
Wings' lineup tonight: 51-40-26, 93-13-44, 20-8-11, 14-48-96; 5-18, 55-23, 27-52; 29/36

For your viewing pleasure, highlights from the last time the Wings visited Nationwide Arena, Feb 28th 2012.

And finally, for this day in Red Wings History. March 28th, 1950, Gordie Howe suffered a skull fracture when he’s accidentally checked into the boards during Game 1 of the semifinal series with Toronto at Olympia Stadium.

mursak will take a seat tonight for nyquist.

E and F-loat-zen (ya i stole it, but love the sound of it) are in as said before.

Kindl out also.

Not worried about tonights game too much as far as the goalie situation is, but still worried about fridays game as it is a huge one. I do like Babs thinking though not to bring a cold goalie on friday though.

Tonights will be much closer though, hopefully masons neck is still sunburned.

Wings 5-3

LGW

Tonight will be exciting for a couple of reasons:

1. When the Wings win they will be 3 pts up on Nashville and even in ROW which will set up Friday night's game to awesome. If they win Friday that will essentially guarantee them the 4th seed.

2. Despite the hate Franzen and Ericsson get on these boards by some they are returning and the Wings will have essentially the line up they are going to start the playoffs with (minus Howard, assuming Helm will need a tiny bit more time).

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filpulla - Zetterberg - Hudler

Miller - Abdelkader - Cleary

Nyquist - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Lidstrom - White

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Quincey

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Away: 6-game losing streak (1 shutout, 2 overtime)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Columbus

Overall: 3-game winning streak (1 shootout)

Away: 1-game winning streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 3W-5L-2OTL

Away: 1W-6L-2OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Columbus

Overall: 7W-2L-00TL-1SOL

Away: 5W-2L-2OTL-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is a single away game

All-time Record v. Columbus

All-time, Overall v. Columbus

67G: 48W-12L-1T-0RT-2OTL-4SOL

All-time, Away v. Columbus

34G: 22W-7L-1T-0RT-2OTL-2SOL

Season Record v. Columbus

This is the finale of 6 games v. Columbus this season. The Club's record in the previous 5 games:

4W-1L

This is the finale of 3 away games v. Columbus this season. The Club's record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L

Record on this Day

March 28

This is the 24th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 23 games:

12W-7L-2T-0RT-2OTL

This is the 1st game played v. Columbus on this day

LGW.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Don't like Emmerton in the lineup over Mursak. Nyquist will do fine on the 4th line, just seems like a waste.

Lets see how Mule does tonight. I feel like he saw the stat-padding going on last game and felt like he was missing out :P playing his own doctor, he finally decides to join the fray facing the same lowly team as the last beat-down (I'm being way to cynical, I know haha).

GO WINGS!

Red Wings 5 - 2 Blue Jackets

Zetterberg and Filppula with 3 point combined

Datsyuk with goal and assist

Franzen with a gimme off the work of Pavel.

Michigan goalie Shawn Hunwick has been signed by Columbus and will be backing up Mason tonight.

i think he would be absolutely destroyed if he were to play tonight. way too small IMO. would get ran over no problem.

edit: also seeing that mason wont be starting tonight as he took a puck off his noggin this morning. York gets the start, hunwick backs up.

id say theres a good chance we see hunwick tonight

Edited by Din758

As per Bob McKenzie on Twitter:

CBJ signed U. of Mich's Shawn Hunwick to ATO, 5-7 goalie will back up Allen York tonight vs. DET. Steve Mason took puck off head this a.m.

York/Hunwick tandem? Oh my...

2. Despite the hate Franzen and Ericsson get on these boards by some they are returning and the Wings will have essentially the line up they are going to start the playoffs with (minus Howard, assuming Helm will need a tiny bit more time).

I have to say, I've never been an Ericsson fan, but he had been playing much better this season prior to his injury. Hopefully he can keep it going!

I have to say, I've never been an Ericsson fan, but he had been playing much better this season prior to his injury. Hopefully he can keep it going!

Yeah, i just think he is severely underrated on this board. I'm not saying he's a stud or that I want him in the top 4 but I think he can be a dependable 5/6 pairing and he adds more, today, to the line up than Kindl.

Yeah, i just think he is severely underrated on this board. I'm not saying he's a stud or that I want him in the top 4 but I think he can be a dependable 5/6 pairing and he adds more, today, to the line up than Kindl.

I still think we overpaid for him, but the profanity I've launched at my TV thanks to his play during Wings games this season has been considerably lower than seasons past.

totally agree, I just wish he would play a bit more physical.

All signs are pointing to another blowout by the Wings but CBJ won't want that to happen two games in a row in front of what little home crowd might be there. I won't be surprised to hear a LGRW chant at some point which always makes me smile when it's on the road. 5-3 Red wings. :siren: