• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/28 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

This disaster would've never-ever happened under Scotty Bowman. Babcock is a lousy motivator and always has been. Not to mention that Holland has (obviously) done nothing to improve this team. Kyle Quincey??? Ian White??? Nice acquisitions, Kenny. Are you kidding us? Let's see how many non-renewels they'll be or won't be at the box office in the next few months. Both Holland and Babcock should realize that. Money talks. An early exit in the playoffs could very easily mean they're exit as well. That would be the only upside to an early elimination. Tonight's loss is very indicitive of how dysfunctional both the team and management actually are. Injuries or no injuries. Itllitch will inevitably have to "clean house" and basically start from scratch.

Thoughts from the game:

1. After Monday the Wings thought they could just show up and be given the 2 points. No urgency whatsoever.

2. While Conklin didn't lose the game for the Wings he did nothing to push them to winning. You expect an NHL goalie to make 2-3 big saves to keep your team in a game. He did not.

3. Franzen must not have realized he actually was playing tonight. He made as much of an impact tonight as he has the last 5 games.

4. I admire Cleary's heart but if hes that injured to play that way he really needs to park himself in the press box.

5. Nyquist getting 5 minutes two days after probably his best game in the NHL is a crime. He was getting better with each game.

6. The inconsistency of this team is appalling. Not something you expect from a veteran team who considers themselves a Cup contender.

So glad they scratched Mursak to get Nyquist 5:19. What a joke Babs. Gus deserved Franzen's time, Franzen deserves Mursak's.

Sorry for my language, but this blows my ******* mind. Prior to the game we were all lamenting scratching Mursak instead of Emmerton, but at least grateful that Nyquist stayed in. So what do we do? Play the guy who skates and creates 5:19, while giving the guy who floats and mopes 15:00.

Nyquist had 6 points in his previous 7 games. Before his "hiatus", Franzen had 3 pts and was -3. He was even more floatastic than I remember. Glad we got him back...

The way we are playing, not so confident playing 1st round with Nashville....I think they will be hungrier than the Wings. Sorry if I'm being negative, but...Why do they let bottom feeders look so damn good, like a loss to the Islanders back in Jan. I really thought this game would of been a no-brain-er...easy win 3-2 or so. Oh Well!

Pierre said that Babcock wasn't talking to the team during the 3rd period, only to the assistant coaches. Interesting strategy.

Worked like gang busters again! Seriously, I love Babcock and his silent scowl as much as the next guy, but KICK SOMEONE IN THE ASS already! Reminds me of being at the cell phone place yesterday: one woman getting helped, with her two sassy obnoxious friends just standing there, apparently just there to sorta gyrate and make noise. One had her kids and they were absolutely tearing this place up, running around, knocking s*** over. And what does she as the adult to control them? Shouts "what I say??" and goes back to her business. Doesn't do jack.

That's Babcock sometimes. He might as well replace the scowl with a brief over-the-shoulder "what I say??" before going back to his conversation with the assistants.