• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#261 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

why do players on this team get rewarded for horrible play, while others, such as gus, get shafted for playing with heart :ranting:

#262 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Wings are showing no spirit. Still asleep. Hope they are all practicing their "that was embarrassing" post-game speech. From the look of it they have been practicing it since the secondf****** goal.

#263 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Let Conklin walk home. This is an absolute disgrace. And this is a team that Ken Holland thinks is a contender?

Maybe it's because Holland has been living in Cinderellaville with fairy dust snow storms for the last few years.

#264 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Let Conklin walk home. This is an absolute disgrace. And this is a team that Ken Holland thinks is a contender?

It is obvious they are taking the night off, they slapped the Jackets around on Monday, skated circles around them but sometimes they just don't care and that is annoying

#265 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Holmstrom is beyond brutal.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#266 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Thank goodness end of period...hope Mike kicks some ass!

#267 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's actually Ken Holland's fault for the defensive miscues and horrifying goaltending.

#268 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

why do players on this team get rewarded for horrible play, while others, such as gus, get shafted for playing with heart :ranting:

Tell me about it. Gus plays with heart every shift but it's okay, we've got Johan back to beast it up with his amazing, inspirational effort levels.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#269 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Tell me about it. Gus plays with heart every shift but it's okay, we've got Johan back to beast it up with his amazing, inspirational effort levels.

Franzen is playing?

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#270 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

B-b-but... Franzen is the leading goal-scorer, clutch in the playoffs. Bertuzzi had 4 points last night. Hudler has a career high in goals./sarcasm

I'm with you. Passengers dragging down contributors. Might as well play workers with other workers, and let the floaters skate with the mites during intermission.

#271 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

geez...i didn't know franzen was back :ph34r: that is to say he's been fairly invisible. Z, Bert and Nyquist have been the best wings so far. our D has been the s***s and conklin is a lugnut.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#272 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Franzen is playing?

I thought they said so in the pre-game?? I haven't seen him though!!

#273 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Franzen is playing?

Its not the playoffs yet, he is waiting for playoffs to contribute. He is bored. :ph34r:

Mule is dead to me; empty sweater.

#274 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

pisses me off, no one has to earn a spot on this team, it is just given to them.

#275 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Its not the playoffs yet, he is waiting for playoffs to contribute. He is bored. :ph34r:

:lol:

Posted Image

#276 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Even though the team is playing like crap, Conks isn't doing himself any favors. If this was Ozzie in net, this GDT would be 30 pages long already. I guess you really can't be too hard on a guy who belongs in GR., but he's stinking it up tonight.

#277 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

The biggest issue I have besides the obvious lack of effort is the changing of a dominant winning lineup from the other night. Franzen is back but bury him down the lineup a bit and let Gus play on the 1st line where he was the other night. Leave Kindl in and let Ericsson watch from the press box for a few games until Kindl f***s up.

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#278 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Sign me up for a cold, coming back from injury Jimmy Howard in goal Friday over Conklin.

I get Babcock's philosophy, but home ice may be at stake and this team clearly needs it. Let Jimmy play if he says he is healthy enough. Conklin's numbers speak for themselves.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#279 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

No player is ever dead to me but he is hurting my feelings quite a bit. WAKE THE HELL UP.

#280 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Even though the team is playing like crap, Conks isn't doing himself any favors. If this was Ozzie in net, this GDT would be 30 pages long already. I guess you really can't be too hard on a guy who belongs in GR., but he's stinking it up tonight.

Yeah, he's really the 3rd string goalie. Whatdya gonna do...
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...