• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/28 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

Nyquist needs to stay with Datsyuk for the immediate future ... his skillset is complete and he doesnt have a 40 year contract so his compete level is still high. Whether its Bert or Franzen who has to see the 3rd line doesnt matter - Nyquist gives Pavel someone to play with. As opposed to a couple of big slow guys with soft hands he has to set up on the doorstep.

Its the same team that keeps getting beat in the playoffs by the sharks. Except this year it wont be the sharks, its the front office that has defeated the Wings, prior to season open. Get some new material guys. This is boring. Franzen, streaky every year. Hudler, great heart and work ethic but just doesn't cut it.. Stuart, solid at times, but absent minded at times, every year. Fourth line, ineffective continuously.

I don't know how I feel about Kronwall leading the defense after Lidstrom retires..

Two nights ago we blow out the Jackets and everyone is saying how great we are, tonight we get caught looking ahead while on the road and all the sudden Babcock is a lousy motivator and we're the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Let's try to keep some perspective here, folks. We played a bad game and assumed we were going to get 2 pts and got embarrassed. We buck up and play well Friday to beat Nashville and all is forgiven.

I didn't see the game, but something hit me when I read all the comments about Franzen. I totally agree that he's more like a black hole than a valuable team mate. What's more it's dawned on me that his attitude is so bad, he probably wouldn't care if he's benched. Although I'd like nothing better than to see that happen. He.is.useless.

Some of you are ridiculous! Just last game everyone on here was loving the Wings and a loss, regardless of to who, those same some of you are calling for babs to be fired or Franzen to be traded. I wish our fellow fans were not so Two-faced!

Anwyays, I feared this would happen back on Monday. The Wings embarassed the Jackets in every single aspect. I feared first of all the Wings would come into tonight with their focus on Friday's game against the Preds and to add to that danger, I knew the Jackets would play strong to regain some of their pride. Disappointing loss for sure, but at least it will motivate the Wings to be ready for Friday at home.

Some thoughts on the game:

- Nick was outstanding and by far our only consistent player tonight.

- I thought Kronners and Stu had a lousy night for their standards... giving pucks away, falling down, backing up too much.

- Franzen was terrible, as many of you pointed out, but the difference is I knew he would not be good because he has missed games. He is not going to come back and magically just get going... he fought the puck at times tonight, mis-read plays. As expected, it will probably take him another game to get into form.

- With that said, I never have liked him playing with Pasha because he is just too freakin slow. Pasha has very little to work with and it showed tonight. While Hank and Fil have been good together, I think Pavs needs a better line to work with in the playoffs or we are doomed.

Nyquist- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi (Nyquist has speed, finish and actually tries every shift and this line looked good!)

Filpulla- Zetterberg- Franzen (I think Fil and Hank have been great and Franzen could become the big guy on that line that has been missing, and can score more ggoals than Hudler)

Miller- Abdelkator- Hudler (I think this is a solid 3rd line until Helm is back, and the addition of Hudler makes them 10 times better offensively without Cleary)

Cleary- Emmerton- Homer (decent 4th line... addition of Cleary makes more defensive line which is good)

- All in all, I think these would be the best lines to try for now as it provides the most team balance. If these lines do not work then I would suggest the Eurotwins to be reunited.

- Lastly, I think Babs was great tonight by not talking to the team. A coach blabbing does not work all the time and he is aware of that. By not talking he sent an even stronger message to the team and they knew that he was disgusted with that performance. Coaches have to pick their battles, and that is why Babs is the best coach in the world and that is why guys like Nick Lidstrom by into him and listen to what he says. Anyone that thinks Babs was dumb for not talking tonight does not truly understand the world of hockey.

- On a final note, Conks was NOT the reason for the loss tonight, but he just does not look confident in net. IMO a rusty Jimmy will be just as good against the Preds and with limited time left to get him in game form, might as well play him Friday.

this is by far Conks fault, seriously. Shut the f*** up and place blame where blame is deserved.

No

One very bad goal...one unlucky bounce..Two of the goals, a CBJ gets behind our D? C'me on. He is not gonna win the Vezina but Conks made some big saves when everyone was running around out of position. One goal is on Conks, the rest of the s*** is on the TEAM.

Stuart was brutal. The team looked lazy and, well...like we have looked on the raod for the most of the year.

No

One very bad goal...one unlucky bounce..Two of the goals, a CBJ gets behind our D? C'me on. He is not gonna win the Vezina but Conks made some big saves when everyone was running around out of position. One goal is on Conks, the rest of the s*** is on the TEAM.

Stuart was brutal. The team looked lazy and, well...like we have looked on the raod for the most of the year.

DUDE QUINCY WHATEVER HIS ******* NAME IS WAS BRUTAL A TOAL USLES GUY ON THE ICE, BAD MOVE BY HOLLAND TO MAKE THIS TRADE. WHEN HE JOINED THE TEAM ALL THE PROBLEM STARTED, I DON'T SEE HOW HE IS BETTER THAN KINDL

DUDE QUINCY WHATEVER HIS ******* NAME IS WAS BRUTAL A TOAL USLES GUY ON THE ICE, BAD MOVE BY HOLLAND TO MAKE THIS TRADE. WHEN HE JOINED THE TEAM ALL THE PROBLEM STARTED, I DON'T SEE HOW HE IS BETTER THAN KINDL

Even if you can't see it, Quincey is a much better than Kindl. He's no Lidstrom, but Quincey can handle big minutes, play on the PP and PK. Kindl is having trouble distinguishing himself enough to hang on to the 6th Dman spot.

And I think your caps lock is stuck.

Guest irishock

Vancouver getting the 1st seed over St.Louis might be a good thing ( I don't see Dallas/SJ beating Chicago in the first round). We'd be matched up against more than likely St.Louis in 2nd round

If Babs is going to give Nyqvist 5mins a game now, he may as well keep Mursak in and let Gustav go back and help

GR try to get in their playoffs. That is a total waste of offensive talent being mis-managed. If we want to get our playoff lines running then fair enough, send the kid back to the Griffs and get on with it.