• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#341 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

So glad they scratched Mursak to get Nyquist 5:19. What a joke Babs. Gus deserved Franzen's time, Franzen deserves Mursak's.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 28 March 2012 - 09:12 PM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#342 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

this team puzzles me. and Franzen played? you never wouldve known it.

#343 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#344 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

this team puzzles me. and Franzen played? you never wouldve known it.

5:19 is what puzzles me.
Makes you wonder what Nyquist would have done with Franzen's ice time.

#345 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I hope Babcock was just resting gus for the game on Friday, because that is the only excuse I can think of. I only seen him out there once in the third.

#346 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Thoughts from the game:
1. After Monday the Wings thought they could just show up and be given the 2 points. No urgency whatsoever.
2. While Conklin didn't lose the game for the Wings he did nothing to push them to winning. You expect an NHL goalie to make 2-3 big saves to keep your team in a game. He did not.
3. Franzen must not have realized he actually was playing tonight. He made as much of an impact tonight as he has the last 5 games.
4. I admire Cleary's heart but if hes that injured to play that way he really needs to park himself in the press box.
5. Nyquist getting 5 minutes two days after probably his best game in the NHL is a crime. He was getting better with each game.
6. The inconsistency of this team is appalling. Not something you expect from a veteran team who considers themselves a Cup contender.

#347 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

So glad they scratched Mursak to get Nyquist 5:19. What a joke Babs. Gus deserved Franzen's time, Franzen deserves Mursak's.

Sorry for my language, but this blows myf****** mind. Prior to the game we were all lamenting scratching Mursak instead of Emmerton, but at least grateful that Nyquist stayed in. So what do we do? Play the guy who skates and creates 5:19, while giving the guy who floats and mopes 15:00.

Nyquist had 6 points in his previous 7 games. Before his "hiatus", Franzen had 3 pts and was -3. He was even more floatastic than I remember. Glad we got him back...

#348 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Pierre said that Babcock wasn't talking to the team during the 3rd period, only to the assistant coaches. Interesting strategy.

This is his only motivational trick:
Posted Image

#349 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

The way we are playing, not so confident playing 1st round with Nashville....I think they will be hungrier than the Wings. Sorry if I'm being negative, but...Why do they let bottom feeders look so damn good, like a loss to the Islanders back in Jan. I really thought this game would of been a no-brain-er...easy win 3-2 or so. Oh Well!

#350 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Pierre said that Babcock wasn't talking to the team during the 3rd period, only to the assistant coaches. Interesting strategy.

Worked like gang busters again! Seriously, I love Babcock and his silent scowl as much as the next guy, but KICK SOMEONE IN THE ASS already! Reminds me of being at the cell phone place yesterday: one woman getting helped, with her two sassy obnoxious friends just standing there, apparently just there to sorta gyrate and make noise. One had her kids and they were absolutely tearing this place up, running around, knocking s*** over. And what does she as the adult to control them? Shouts "what I say??" and goes back to her business. Doesn't do jack.

That's Babcock sometimes. He might as well replace the scowl with a brief over-the-shoulder "what I say??" before going back to his conversation with the assistants.

#351 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Nyquist needs to stay with Datsyuk for the immediate future ... his skillset is complete and he doesnt have a 40 year contract so his compete level is still high. Whether its Bert or Franzen who has to see the 3rd line doesnt matter - Nyquist gives Pavel someone to play with. As opposed to a couple of big slow guys with soft hands he has to set up on the doorstep.

#352 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#353 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Its the same team that keeps getting beat in the playoffs by the sharks. Except this year it wont be the sharks, its the front office that has defeated the Wings, prior to season open. Get some new material guys. This is boring. Franzen, streaky every year. Hudler, great heart and work ethic but just doesn't cut it.. Stuart, solid at times, but absent minded at times, every year. Fourth line, ineffective continuously.

I don't know how I feel about Kronwall leading the defense after Lidstrom retires..

#354 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Two nights ago we blow out the Jackets and everyone is saying how great we are, tonight we get caught looking ahead while on the road and all the sudden Babcock is a lousy motivator and we're the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Let's try to keep some perspective here, folks. We played a bad game and assumed we were going to get 2 pts and got embarrassed. We buck up and play well Friday to beat Nashville and all is forgiven.

#355 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#356 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Nobody got hurt. Onward!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#357 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Well, that about does it for the Central. I'm still hoping for a 50-win season but as long as they get at least 100 points I'll be somewhat happy.

#358 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Haven't won a road game in exactly one month.

Absolutely have to get two points on Friday now.

#359 1980s24

1980s24

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

people complain about Franzen's effort, and rigthfully so. Franzen has the ability to be a quality player where as Hudler is just useless, a butterfly can knock him off the puck.

#360 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Either Franzen is gone next year or Babcock is. Bank on it! It's obvious some players just aren't responding to Babs.