• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#361 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Glad I didn't waste my time to watch this game ... to Columbus, wtf???

#362 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I didn't see the game, but something hit me when I read all the comments about Franzen. I totally agree that he's more like a black hole than a valuable team mate. What's more it's dawned on me that his attitude is so bad, he probably wouldn't care if he's benched. Although I'd like nothing better than to see that happen. He.is.useless.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#363 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

The split personality with this team continues...

#364 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Either Franzen is gone next year or Babcock is. Bank on it! It's obvious some players just aren't responding to Babs.

Frazen won't be gone. Nobody in their right mind would take that contract.

#365 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Some of you are ridiculous! Just last game everyone on here was loving the Wings and a loss, regardless of to who, those same some of you are calling for babs to be fired or Franzen to be traded. I wish our fellow fans were not so Two-faced!

Anwyays, I feared this would happen back on Monday. The Wings embarassed the Jackets in every single aspect. I feared first of all the Wings would come into tonight with their focus on Friday's game against the Preds and to add to that danger, I knew the Jackets would play strong to regain some of their pride. Disappointing loss for sure, but at least it will motivate the Wings to be ready for Friday at home.

Some thoughts on the game:
- Nick was outstanding and by far our only consistent player tonight.
- I thought Kronners and Stu had a lousy night for their standards... giving pucks away, falling down, backing up too much.
- Franzen was terrible, as many of you pointed out, but the difference is I knew he would not be good because he has missed games. He is not going to come back and magically just get going... he fought the puck at times tonight, mis-read plays. As expected, it will probably take him another game to get into form.
- With that said, I never have liked him playing with Pasha because he is just too freakin slow. Pasha has very little to work with and it showed tonight. While Hank and Fil have been good together, I think Pavs needs a better line to work with in the playoffs or we are doomed.

Nyquist- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi (Nyquist has speed, finish and actually tries every shift and this line looked good!)
Filpulla- Zetterberg- Franzen (I think Fil and Hank have been great and Franzen could become the big guy on that line that has been missing, and can score more ggoals than Hudler)
Miller- Abdelkator- Hudler (I think this is a solid 3rd line until Helm is back, and the addition of Hudler makes them 10 times better offensively without Cleary)
Cleary- Emmerton- Homer (decent 4th line... addition of Cleary makes more defensive line which is good)

- All in all, I think these would be the best lines to try for now as it provides the most team balance. If these lines do not work then I would suggest the Eurotwins to be reunited.
- Lastly, I think Babs was great tonight by not talking to the team. A coach blabbing does not work all the time and he is aware of that. By not talking he sent an even stronger message to the team and they knew that he was disgusted with that performance. Coaches have to pick their battles, and that is why Babs is the best coach in the world and that is why guys like Nick Lidstrom by into him and listen to what he says. Anyone that thinks Babs was dumb for not talking tonight does not truly understand the world of hockey.

- On a final note, Conks was NOT the reason for the loss tonight, but he just does not look confident in net. IMO a rusty Jimmy will be just as good against the Preds and with limited time left to get him in game form, might as well play him Friday.

#366 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

this is by far Conks fault, seriously. Shut the f*** up and place blame where blame is deserved.

No
One very bad goal...one unlucky bounce..Two of the goals, a CBJ gets behind our D? C'me on. He is not gonna win the Vezina but Conks made some big saves when everyone was running around out of position. One goal is on Conks, the rest of the s*** is on the TEAM.
Stuart was brutal. The team looked lazy and, well...like we have looked on the raod for the most of the year.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#367 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

No
One very bad goal...one unlucky bounce..Two of the goals, a CBJ gets behind our D? C'me on. He is not gonna win the Vezina but Conks made some big saves when everyone was running around out of position. One goal is on Conks, the rest of the s*** is on the TEAM.
Stuart was brutal. The team looked lazy and, well...like we have looked on the raod for the most of the year.

DUDE QUINCY WHATEVER HISf****** NAME IS WAS BRUTAL A TOAL USLES GUY ON THE ICE, BAD MOVE BY HOLLAND TO MAKE THIS TRADE. WHEN HE JOINED THE TEAM ALL THE PROBLEM STARTED, I DON'T SEE HOW HE IS BETTER THAN KINDL

#368 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

DUDE QUINCY WHATEVER HISf****** NAME IS WAS BRUTAL A TOAL USLES GUY ON THE ICE, BAD MOVE BY HOLLAND TO MAKE THIS TRADE. WHEN HE JOINED THE TEAM ALL THE PROBLEM STARTED, I DON'T SEE HOW HE IS BETTER THAN KINDL

Even if you can't see it, Quincey is a much better than Kindl. He's no Lidstrom, but Quincey can handle big minutes, play on the PP and PK. Kindl is having trouble distinguishing himself enough to hang on to the 6th Dman spot.

And I think your caps lock is stuck.

#369 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

^ Stop posting Kindl!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#370 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

In other news, the Kings won, Dallas won, and the Sharks lost in regulation lol.

#371 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

In other news, the Kings won, Dallas won, and the Sharks lost in regulation lol.

As a Kings fan, it puts me in the unfortunate position of rooting for the Canucks (to beat the Avs).

:puke:

#372 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Vancouver getting the 1st seed over St.Louis might be a good thing ( I don't see Dallas/SJ beating Chicago in the first round). We'd be matched up against more than likely St.Louis in 2nd round

bringit.jpg

#373 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

If Babs is going to give Nyqvist 5mins a game now, he may as well keep Mursak in and let Gustav go back and help
GR try to get in their playoffs. That is a total waste of offensive talent being mis-managed. If we want to get our playoff lines running then fair enough, send the kid back to the Griffs and get on with it.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#374 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

So I read now that we let an AHL goalie who has never played an NHL game beat us ... :huh:

#375 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

Frazen won't be gone. Nobody in their right mind would take that contract.

Florida took Campbell's contract. And he was actually overpaid.

Posted Image

#376 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

I hope Babcock was just resting gus for the game on Friday, because that is the only excuse I can think of. I only seen him out there once in the third.

News flash - Babcock is not a good bench coach and never has been. Unlike Scotty, he's never shown an ability to adjust lines and ice time based on the what's happening in a particular game. He got out-coached by Blasma the last time we were in the finals and I don't expect that he's going to out-coach Ken Hitchcock to get out of the west. Basic execution on PP and PK are mediocre at best. Bad line changes and too many men penalties are too frequent. This team is getting sloppy in details and Babcock pouting like my wife isn't gonna fix it.

Either personnel needs to change or Babcock needs to go. Should be an interesting offseason.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#377 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

This disaster would've never-ever happened under Scotty Bowman.

Yeah, thats right, because under Bowman we went 82-0 every season, won the Stanley Cup every year, and never ever got upset by a bottom feeder Posted Image Gimme a break.

This team is not without its issues - Franzen, Cleary, the 4th line, road play - but after we blew them out Monday in an appalling effort by CBJ, this was always likely to happen.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#378 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

You guys realize that today if they end up in the 6th spot they get Dallas... Hmm maybe there is method to their suck.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#379 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

I wish our fellow fans team were not so Two-faced!

Fixed.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#380 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

...What the f*** was that?