• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/28 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

I hope Babcock was just resting gus for the game on Friday, because that is the only excuse I can think of. I only seen him out there once in the third.

News flash - Babcock is not a good bench coach and never has been. Unlike Scotty, he's never shown an ability to adjust lines and ice time based on the what's happening in a particular game. He got out-coached by Blasma the last time we were in the finals and I don't expect that he's going to out-coach Ken Hitchcock to get out of the west. Basic execution on PP and PK are mediocre at best. Bad line changes and too many men penalties are too frequent. This team is getting sloppy in details and Babcock pouting like my wife isn't gonna fix it.

Either personnel needs to change or Babcock needs to go. Should be an interesting offseason.

This disaster would've never-ever happened under Scotty Bowman.

Yeah, thats right, because under Bowman we went 82-0 every season, won the Stanley Cup every year, and never ever got upset by a bottom feeder dry.gif Gimme a break.

This team is not without its issues - Franzen, Cleary, the 4th line, road play - but after we blew them out Monday in an appalling effort by CBJ, this was always likely to happen.

I didn't see the game, but something hit me when I read all the comments about Franzen. I totally agree that he's more like a black hole than a valuable team mate. What's more it's dawned on me that his attitude is so bad, he probably wouldn't care if he's benched. Although I'd like nothing better than to see that happen. He.is.useless.

Good thing we locked up a perennial 27 goal-scorer who is quickly unlearning everything that had made him successful in the past. Looking throughout the roster, you'll see guys who bust ass blocking shots or backchecking, guys who make their bread on assists making their teammates better with little fan-fair, guys going to the tough areas to create dirty chances.

With Franzen, you get 27 goals. That's it. He no longer brings the effort or intangibles to make him an asset. He gets 27 goals from playing with Pavel Datsyuk, not from creating for himself. Passenger. Content to play only well enough as to not make it blatantly obvious that he has taken the money and security the Wings granted him just that, for granted.

Bench away. (Babcock will never bench Franzen)

No

One very bad goal...one unlucky bounce..Two of the goals, a CBJ gets behind our D? C'me on. He is not gonna win the Vezina but Conks made some big saves when everyone was running around out of position. One goal is on Conks, the rest of the s*** is on the TEAM.

Stuart was brutal. The team looked lazy and, well...like we have looked on the raod for the most of the year.

oops, that was supposed to say NOT Conks fault. In my tirade I forgot that important word.

Terrible game to watch. I thought that Wings would match what the Blue Jackets would bring since they lost badly on Monday night. I was way off. Boys can't just glide and take it easy because you're playing a s*** team, it means nothing. Play to win the game

Either Franzen is gone next year or Babcock is. Bank on it! It's obvious some players just aren't responding to Babs.

Are you kidding me? We're on a record setting streak of consecutive playoff appearances and you're saying the coach needs to go? Laughable. If we're battling for the 8th seed every season and never winning Cups, fine. But one season where we're battling for 4th instead of 5th or 6th and all the sudden the coach can't reach the players? Come on, man.

This board is starting to get ridiculous with the amount of overreacting regarding that signing.

Its getting ridiculous in general. Pretty annoying lately. If we have another sub-par playoff performance, they will all jump off the bandwagon, so it will be back to normal soon :unsure:

I do think however, that if we do stumble in the playoffs, shake ups need to happen somewhere.