• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#381 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

I didn't see the game, but something hit me when I read all the comments about Franzen. I totally agree that he's more like a black hole than a valuable team mate. What's more it's dawned on me that his attitude is so bad, he probably wouldn't care if he's benched. Although I'd like nothing better than to see that happen. He.is.useless.

Good thing we locked up a perennial 27 goal-scorer who is quickly unlearning everything that had made him successful in the past. Looking throughout the roster, you'll see guys who bust ass blocking shots or backchecking, guys who make their bread on assists making their teammates better with little fan-fair, guys going to the tough areas to create dirty chances.

With Franzen, you get 27 goals. That's it. He no longer brings the effort or intangibles to make him an asset. He gets 27 goals from playing with Pavel Datsyuk, not from creating for himself. Passenger. Content to play only well enough as to not make it blatantly obvious that he has taken the money and security the Wings granted him just that, for granted.

Bench away. (Babcock will never bench Franzen)

#382 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

No
One very bad goal...one unlucky bounce..Two of the goals, a CBJ gets behind our D? C'me on. He is not gonna win the Vezina but Conks made some big saves when everyone was running around out of position. One goal is on Conks, the rest of the s*** is on the TEAM.
Stuart was brutal. The team looked lazy and, well...like we have looked on the raod for the most of the year.

oops, that was supposed to say NOT Conks fault. In my tirade I forgot that important word.

#383 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Florida took Campbell's contract. And he was actually overpaid.

If I remember correctly the Panthers really needed to boost their payroll (also see Jovo's inflated contract) to meet the league minimum salary.

But yes - Campbell is waaaay overpaid.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#384 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

DUMB MOVE: thinking about signing either franzen or hossa

DUMBER MOVE: signing franzen instead of hossa

#385 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Terrible game to watch. I thought that Wings would match what the Blue Jackets would bring since they lost badly on Monday night. I was way off. Boys can't just glide and take it easy because you're playing a s*** team, it means nothing. Play to win the game
IPB Image

#386 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

DUMB MOVE: thinking about signing either franzen or hossa

DUMBER MOVE: signing franzen instead of hossa

This board is starting to get ridiculous with the amount of overreacting regarding that signing.

Posted Image

#387 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Either Franzen is gone next year or Babcock is. Bank on it! It's obvious some players just aren't responding to Babs.

Are you kidding me? We're on a record setting streak of consecutive playoff appearances and you're saying the coach needs to go? Laughable. If we're battling for the 8th seed every season and never winning Cups, fine. But one season where we're battling for 4th instead of 5th or 6th and all the sudden the coach can't reach the players? Come on, man.

#388 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Phi 7 Toronto 1 when Leafs played an AHL goalie

That's what we should have done to Columbus last night. Now we have 'must win' gainst Nashville for home ice advantage this weekend.

#389 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Phi 7 Toronto 1 when Leafs played an AHL goalie

That's what we should have done to Columbus last night. Now we have 'must win' gainst Nashville for home ice advantage this weekend.

We did do that. Monday.

Posted Image

#390 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

This board is starting to get ridiculous with the amount of overreacting regarding that signing.

Its getting ridiculous in general. Pretty annoying lately. If we have another sub-par playoff performance, they will all jump off the bandwagon, so it will be back to normal soon :unsure:

I do think however, that if we do stumble in the playoffs, shake ups need to happen somewhere.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien