• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Big Game Tonight

Rate this topic

This game will determine who gets the final playoff seed for the Western Conference for the time being. Both teams only have four games to play besides this one. San Jose played and lost in Anaheim last night. Phoenix is well rested. Under the circumstances, I can easily see this one going either way.

PS the Sharks upcoming schedule also includes two games against the Stars and two games against the Kings. All really significant games, especially considering how close these teams are.

Did some critical thinking about this Pacific Division madness:

The Sharks have two home and homes with both Dallas and LA remaining. 8 total points possible. If the Sharks win all four of those games, they will have 96 points. This also means that the most both the Kings and the Stars could get in each of their last 5 is 8 points each:

with Dallas beating Vancouver, losing in OT/SO in the home and homes, and beating Nashville and St. Louis - 8 Points

with LA beating Edmonton, Minnesota, Edmonton, then losing in OT/SO in the home and homes - 8 points

Now, the first tiebreaker (apparently) is the ROW. Dallas currently has 35. If the above scenario happens, they will have between 35 and 38. Similarly, LA has 32, with the possibility of 32-35. SJS can attain 35 at most. Meaning if all three teams are tied at the end of the season and everything happens like I said above, they better hope one of Dallas or LA beat one of those teams in a shootout.

Of course, if the Sharks win all four of those games and at least one in regulation, they're pretty much in, if everything I've determined is correct.

Edited by lookalive07