• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IrishWing19

Vote for the NHL 13 cover player

Rate this topic

I stopped voting altogether now. I was gonna get a Datsyuk cover if he won, but now that he's out of the running, i put a down payment on the special edition NHL 13. I don't want anything to do with either of Rinne or Malkin. Stanley cup schwag is cool though...

I don't know, that collectors edition seems like more of a rip than this vote.

Don't hate on my goalie,he is one of the best goaltenders in this league and should be on the cover

While I'm okay with both Rinne and Giroux, I think Datsyuk was so fitting for this year's cover, that he is the only one who 'should' be there.

Just now finding out Datsyuk isn't in the running anymore... John ******* Tavares? Are there no marketing majors at the NHL section of EA sports? It was a perfect fit for #13 to be on NHL 13. I'm pissed. No Lidstrom and now Dats won't be on the cover... I'm buying FIFA instead of NHL this year.

While I'm okay with both Rinne and Giroux, I think Datsyuk was so fitting for this year's cover, that he is the only one who 'should' be there.

i am sorry that datsyuk won't be on this year's cover and that other fans could not see that datsyuk was so fitting for this year's cover,but he could always be on the cover next year

datsyuk is still a great player whether or not he is the cover

Damn that sucks Datsyuk lost. On a side not I sure hope they improve the game this year. I played a good amount of nhl 11 but nhl 12 seemed like nothing more than a roster update with a few legends added and maybe a little quicker menu and gameplay controls. Id like to see some major changes. They have used the same menu layout for the past three years or more that is looking very stale.

Damn that sucks Datsyuk lost. On a side not I sure hope they improve the game this year. I played a good amount of nhl 11 but nhl 12 seemed like nothing more than a roster update with a few legends added and maybe a little quicker menu and gameplay controls. Id like to see some major changes. They have used the same menu layout for the past three years or more that is looking very stale.

If you are up to date on the game, you will notice the differences. Every year gets incrementally better. That's a development marketing scheme, don't ever add everything the first time around, you always give yourself the ability to upgrade and create the desire for people to upgrade their software, or in this case, buy the new game.

One of the biggest additions to NHL 12 was the goalies became interactive. In previous versions if you ran a goalie, you basically hit a wall and stopped. Now, you can get goalie interference or bump the goalie. Goalies can also fight. They also added crease battles, guys get locked up in front of the crease and battle for position. On 1 player you can't control them since you control who has the puck, but in any other mode that you can control an offensive player without the puck, you can give it your best Homer impersonation. They also added broken glass and the ability to check players into the bench. That's all I really remember off the top of my head, as far as game play goes, but they did do other stuff in other modes like add the Legends and maybe some other stuff with the EASHL, but I only play online so I don't know for sure. There are also always tons of little game play tweaks to fix glitches, bugs, or just to alter or make the physics engine better. I could care less about the menu, except it can be a tad involved, I want game play changes to make the game better.

In previous years they have added features like broken sticks, disallowed goals and reviews, new face off systems, and a completely new physics engine a few years ago, in 2010 or 2011, I don't remember for sure.

I like the subtle changes, it gives you a chance to grow with the game, and IMO it is always getting better. It takes a while to get accustomed to the little things in the game and by only adding a few, they save some features for next year's release, and they let me slowly adapt to the changes they did make. Much like rule changes in the NHL, it's a progressive system. My brothers and cousin still play on classic controls (retard mode I call it). My cousin is finally beginning to accept he can't beat me because he only has limited buttons whereas with default controls, you have much more precision and control.

Edited by rrasco

i am sorry that datsyuk won't be on this year's cover and that other fans could not see that datsyuk was so fitting for this year's cover,but he could always be on the cover next year

Huh? Anybody with a pair of eyes or even a single eye could see that Datsyuk would have been a sharp fit. (#13 - NHL 13, duh). Sure, fans always vote for their own players, but the Datsyuk cover would've looked the best by far. Anybody can get on the cover in the future, but this was the best, most appropriate time for Pasha.

datsyuk is still a great player whether or not he is the cover

Don't pull a Captain Obvious on me. :cool:

If you are up to date on the game, you will notice the differences. Every year gets incrementally better. That's a development marketing scheme, don't ever add everything the first time around, you always give yourself the ability to upgrade and create the desire for people to upgrade their software, or in this case, buy the new game.

One of the biggest additions to NHL 12 was the goalies became interactive. In previous versions if you ran a goalie, you basically hit a wall and stopped. Now, you can get goalie interference or bump the goalie. Goalies can also fight. They also added crease battles, guys get locked up in front of the crease and battle for position. On 1 player you can't control them since you control who has the puck, but in any other mode that you can control an offensive player without the puck, you can give it your best Homer impersonation. They also added broken glass and the ability to check players into the bench. That's all I really remember off the top of my head, as far as game play goes, but they did do other stuff in other modes like add the Legends and maybe some other stuff with the EASHL, but I only play online so I don't know for sure. There are also always tons of little game play tweaks to fix glitches, bugs, or just to alter or make the physics engine better. I could care less about the menu, except it can be a tad involved, I want game play changes to make the game better.

In previous years they have added features like broken sticks, disallowed goals and reviews, new face off systems, and a completely new physics engine a few years ago, in 2010 or 2011, I don't remember for sure.

I like the subtle changes, it gives you a chance to grow with the game, and IMO it is always getting better. It takes a while to get accustomed to the little things in the game and by only adding a few, they save some features for next year's release, and they let me slowly adapt to the changes they did make. Much like rule changes in the NHL, it's a progressive system. My brothers and cousin still play on classic controls (retard mode I call it). My cousin is finally beginning to accept he can't beat me because he only has limited buttons whereas with default controls, you have much more precision and control.

One of my favorite tweaks in NHL 12 is that the puck doesn't get stuck to your player when you wind up for a slap shot like in NHL 11, instead it becomes loose and you might end up slapping the air if you wait for too long.

Yeah 12 was a little better key word little. Not enough for my 60$ Im sure 13 will be way better than 11 so it will be a big upgrade for me.

HOW IN THE f*** IS RINNE STILL IN THERE OVER TAVARES?!?!?!?

maybe people wanna see a goalie on the cover,The last goalie on the cover of an EA Sports NHL game was John Vanbiesbrouck, then of the Florida Panthers, who featured on NHL 97

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

I think itd be cool seeing a goalie on the cover.

It'd be funny though, their big upgrade this year is precision skating or whatever..then they have a goaltender on the cover haha

Its all good though.

I'll see how we do when we for sure get Parise and Suter...:..and Shultz...and Semin.. Lol

GM Mode FTW. Haha

One of my favorite tweaks in NHL 12 is that the puck doesn't get stuck to your player when you wind up for a slap shot like in NHL 11, instead it becomes loose and you might end up slapping the air if you wait for too long.

Yeah, that's a good one. It's cost me a few times, but oh well, that's the way the game goes. I thought the addition of the Winter Classic was a nice touch as well.

Yeah 12 was a little better key word little. Not enough for my 60$ Im sure 13 will be way better than 11 so it will be a big upgrade for me.

I feel ya. I can't help but buy it, I feed of these games during offseason, and by September, I'm feigning pretty hardcore.

I think itd be cool seeing a goalie on the cover.

It'd be funny though, their big upgrade this year is precision skating or whatever..then they have a goaltender on the cover haha

Its all good though.

I'll see how we do when we for sure get Parise and Suter...:..and Shultz...and Semin.. Lol

GM Mode FTW. Haha

I'm going to have to look into this precision skating, I have not really paid attention to what they were doing with 13 yet as far as changes were concerned.

Guest irishock

Why Rinne as the first goalie cover boy in a long time? Wouldn't Lundqvist or Quick be a better choice (big market cities)?

Why Rinne as the first goalie cover boy in a long time? Wouldn't Lundqvist or Quick be a better choice (big market cities)?

it is only fair that each vezina nominee can win something,quick will probaly get the conn smythe trophy,lundqvist will win the vezina trophy, and rinne can be on the cover of nhl 13

it is only fair that each vezina nominee can win something,quick will probaly get the conn smythe trophy,lundqvist will win the vezina trophy, and rinne can be on the cover of nhl 13

Life isn't fair. Things like this should go to the most deserving.

maybe people wanna see a goalie on the cover,The last goalie on the cover of an EA Sports NHL game was John Vanbiesbrouck, then of the Florida Panthers, who featured on NHL 97

Then put a deserving goalie like Quick or Lundqvist. I still think that EA should make a cover for each team for anyone who pre-orders the game and then have the cover vote winner as the main in store stock.

Then put a deserving goalie like Quick or Lundqvist. I still think that EA should make a cover for each team for anyone who pre-orders the game and then have the cover vote winner as the main in store stock.

That'd be pretty cool or at least one per division or conference even