• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IrishWing19

Vote for the NHL 13 cover player

Rate this topic

I know this maybe should be on the video game section but not a lot of people go there and i thought this would interest most people. There's a fan vote to choose the cover athlete, and I think we should all get behind Dats and get him on the cover. Its only fitting #13 should be on the cover of NHL 13.

Here's the puck daddy article

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ea-sports-giving-fans-opportunity-vote-nhl-13-130937877.html;_ylt=AgSR8egguo3qf6J76V11zFWRbcp_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkZmZtaDBuBG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDOTgEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ0luZGV4VGVtcA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFvcGs0cnBnBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3#more-28674

Voting has started and here's the ea sports website to vote on: http://covervote.nhl.com/:b=chrome/#/ballot

Edited by nosyt612

Isn't it considered bad juju to be on the cover of sports video games?

I'm voting for other teams players. ;)

Well I guess someone forgot to tell Stamkos that.

Datysuk deserves to be on the cover. Let's get it done

Forget Nash, we want Umberger or Johansen on the cover for Columbus! There's quite a few odd options, some teams I don't think either player should be the cover guy on NHL13. You have a team with Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, and Green and the options for the Caps are Laich and Carlson?

Forget Nash, we want Umberger or Johansen on the cover for Columbus! There's quite a few odd options, some teams I don't think either player should be the cover guy on NHL13. You have a team with Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, and Green and the options for the Caps are Laich and Carlson?

Maybe they did this on purpose, maybe there are players they don't want to be the cover athlete for whatever reasons. Personally I am so glad Crosby is not on the list of players to vote for, if he was on the cover I don't know if I could buy the game haha.

Some of the choices do seem strange, but the players have to sign off on being on the cover. Nash and Ovie for example have been cover athletes for the 2k series which could explain their absence.

Isn't it considered bad juju to be on the cover of sports video games?

I'm voting for other teams players. ;)

Only Madden (football).

In 2004, EA apparently chose Joe Thornton, but then switched to Dany Heatley because Thornton was accused of assaulting two police officers at the time. Then we all know about Heatley's car crash, so newer versions of the game had Sakic on it.

For NHL 08, Eric Staal had that partying arrest thing.

And for NHL 10, dick Kane had the infamous taxi-cab incident.

So it's not like a trend or anything, but there have been some unusual things happening to NHL cover athletes in the year they've been chosen. But, obviously we need not worry about such a thing happening to a guy like Datsyuk.

In 2004, EA apparently chose Joe Thornton, but then switched to Dany Heatley because Thornton was accused of assaulting two police officers at the time. Then we all know about Heatley's car crash, so newer versions of the game had Sakic on it.

For NHL 08, Eric Staal had that partying arrest thing.

And for NHL 10, dick Kane had the infamous taxi-cab incident.

So it's not like a trend or anything, but there have been some unusual things happening to NHL cover athletes in the year they've been chosen. But, obviously we need not worry about such a thing happening to a guy like Datsyuk.

Kane also did score the Stanley Cup winning goal in ot that year.

How much does it cost to customize your own cover? Like what if Brett Lebda wanted Brett Lebda on the cover of his copy? Haha.

Well I customize my own every year on photoshop. And then if your print it on on nice photocopy paper. It usually works out pretty well. If Dastyuk isn't on it this year. I'll just put him on it myself!

Well I customize my own every year on photoshop. And then if your print it on on nice photocopy paper. It usually works out pretty well. If Dastyuk isn't on it this year. I'll just put him on it myself!

Nice. Brett Lebda probably isn't smart enough for that. Too bad.

The 2nd Round rolls on and Datsyuk is doing quite well!

Here are the standings as of now:

1. Claude Giroux

2. Scott Hartnell

3. Pavel Datsyuk

4. Henrik Lundqvist

5. Evgeni Malkin

6. Pekka Rinne

7. Patrick Sharp

8. Jordan Eberle

9. Erik Karlsson

10. Anze Kopitar

11. John Tavares

12. David Perron

13. T.J. Oshie

14. Steven Stamkos

15. Tyler Seguin

16. Evander Kane

17. Henrik Sedin

18. Matt Duchene

19. Jeff Skinner

20. Ilya Kovalchuk

21. P.K. Subban

22. Corey Perry

23. Phil Kessel

24. Logan Couture

25. Jamie Benn

26. Thomas Vanek

27. Shane Doan

28. Mikko Koivu

29. R.J. Umberger

30. Stephen Weiss

31. Brooks Laich

32. Mikael Backlund

Everyone keep voting!! It would be awesome to see Datsyuk on the cover of NHL.

1334800210[/url]' post='2292566']

Hey wait, is the NHL cover player a curse like the Madden cover?

Well, Stamkos is on it this year, and went out and scored 60 goals.

But, the lightning did miss the playoffs...