• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IrishWing19

Vote for the NHL 13 cover player

Rate this topic

Nice info graphic. Thanks for that.

I'm probably about to pick up 13 later today.. Anyone on Xbox live, add me if you want....

Gamer tag: GetOnMyLevelll

NHL is the game I play most, hands down. Just include "LGW" or something in your request

Get ready to be disappointed. I've been buying this game for at least 5 years and they really screwed the pooch on this one. Turns out realistic skating isn't such a good thing....and learn to poke check, on second hand, learn to use RB because poke checking works all on it's own, you just have to push the button. I was reading all the clammor on HFB yesterday and thought people were exaggerating...they weren't.

Edited by rrasco

Yea, I played the demo quite a bit.. It definitely took some getting used to but i like it overall. Also, I was already good at poke checking in NHL games hah so that's great for me. Altho I will admit they did make poke checking work too easily. I'm just glad they made the goalies better so you actually have to aim your shots to score.. To me, that makes it more fun.

Overall, I'd say at first it was disappointing and realistic skating was a challenge. but, once I got used to it, i enjoy the game and I'd say they did a good job.

Shooting high seems to be a lot easier in 13 in comparison to past versions. At least, that's the way I feel about it. Whenever I tried to shoot high in the past, especially 10 and 11, I always seemed to get the goalie's glove. In 13 I get more crossbars and the glass at times.

The realistic skating is quite weird at first but I kind of just look at it as one of those things that I just have to get used to and then the game will be more enjoyable. When I switched from 10 to 11 I had to get used to not being able to move as quickly as I liked and that turned out fine.

I guess I appreciate the effort to make the game at least different from past versions. The whole criticism of "They're all the same" doesn't have as much truth to it anymore. At the same time, is it worth the price? Ehh... In my attempt to be as objective as possible I still have to say that I'm not sure yet, I guess. Right now it doesn't feel like it but I've always felt a little uncomfortable with the changes at first.

The main thing that I truly dislike about the game with the utmost passion is that Pavel Datsyuk isn't on the cover and the fact that he lost to John Tavares (I mean, really???) is perplexing and infuriating at the same time.

Guest irishock

Bettman should be on the cover, with locked doors to the Joe Louis Arena behind him.

Backcover should include a picture of Bettman awarding the Stanley Cup to the owners. He'll talk about how triumphant of a victory they had over the players.

Congratulations to the 2013 NHL Champions!

ilitch1.jpg

"We did it in '05, we're doing it again in '13!"

Edited by irishock