• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

maybe people wanna see a goalie on the cover,The last goalie on the cover of an EA Sports NHL game was John Vanbiesbrouck, then of the Florida Panthers, who featured on NHL 97

Then put a deserving goalie like Quick or Lundqvist. I still think that EA should make a cover for each team for anyone who pre-orders the game and then have the cover vote winner as the main in store stock.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#122 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Then put a deserving goalie like Quick or Lundqvist. I still think that EA should make a cover for each team for anyone who pre-orders the game and then have the cover vote winner as the main in store stock.

That'd be pretty cool or at least one per division or conference even

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#123 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Got mine today, and looky there! Haha, just kidding...I printed that out and slipped it in the sleeve.

Posted Image

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#124 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

From Sportsnet: "Looking at EA Sports NHL over the years".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#125 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Ha, cool. I love infographics.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#126 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Nice info graphic. Thanks for that.

I'm probably about to pick up 13 later today.. Anyone on Xbox live, add me if you want....

Gamer tag: GetOnMyLevelll

NHL is the game I play most, hands down. Just include "LGW" or something in your request

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#127 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Get ready to be disappointed. I've been buying this game for at least 5 years and they really screwed the pooch on this one. Turns out realistic skating isn't such a good thing....and learn to poke check, on second hand, learn to use RB because poke checking works all on it's own, you just have to push the button. I was reading all the clammor on HFB yesterday and thought people were exaggerating...they weren't.

Edited by rrasco, 12 September 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#128 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Bettman should be on the cover, with locked doors to the Joe Louis Arena behind him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#129 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yea, I played the demo quite a bit.. It definitely took some getting used to but i like it overall. Also, I was already good at poke checking in NHL games hah so that's great for me. Altho I will admit they did make poke checking work too easily. I'm just glad they made the goalies better so you actually have to aim your shots to score.. To me, that makes it more fun.

Overall, I'd say at first it was disappointing and realistic skating was a challenge. but, once I got used to it, i enjoy the game and I'd say they did a good job.

Datsyukian

adjective

#130 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

People contributing to "Uncle Gary's War Chest'?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#131 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Gotta get my Wings one way or another...

#132 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Shooting high seems to be a lot easier in 13 in comparison to past versions. At least, that's the way I feel about it. Whenever I tried to shoot high in the past, especially 10 and 11, I always seemed to get the goalie's glove. In 13 I get more crossbars and the glass at times.

The realistic skating is quite weird at first but I kind of just look at it as one of those things that I just have to get used to and then the game will be more enjoyable. When I switched from 10 to 11 I had to get used to not being able to move as quickly as I liked and that turned out fine.

I guess I appreciate the effort to make the game at least different from past versions. The whole criticism of "They're all the same" doesn't have as much truth to it anymore. At the same time, is it worth the price? Ehh... In my attempt to be as objective as possible I still have to say that I'm not sure yet, I guess. Right now it doesn't feel like it but I've always felt a little uncomfortable with the changes at first.

The main thing that I truly dislike about the game with the utmost passion is that Pavel Datsyuk isn't on the cover and the fact that he lost to John Tavares (I mean, really???) is perplexing and infuriating at the same time.

#133 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

From Sportsnet: "Looking at EA Sports NHL over the years".

looking at that makes it even more ridiculous that a red wing player has never graced the cover solely. 2 hawks players make the cover in consecutive years. wtf is that?

#134 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Bettman should be on the cover, with locked doors to the Joe Louis Arena behind him.

Backcover should include a picture of Bettman awarding the Stanley Cup to the owners. He'll talk about how triumphant of a victory they had over the players.

Congratulations to the 2013 NHL Champions!

Posted Image

"We did it in '05, we're doing it again in '13!"

Edited by irishock, 15 September 2012 - 09:20 PM.

bringit.jpg

#135 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Got mine today, and looky there! Haha, just kidding...I printed that out and slipped it in the sleeve.

Posted Image

You just used regular paper for that?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#136 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

I did the same thing. Regular paper looked OK but heavier stock did turn out better.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#137 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

I did the same thing. Regular paper looked OK but heavier stock did turn out better.

Can you send me the picture you used to put in the cover?

#138 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Yep, I just used regular paper.

Here is the picture I used:

Posted Image

#139 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yep, I just used regular paper.

Here is the picture I used:

Thank you!