• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Justin Schultz a Potential Wings UFA Target

Rate this topic

I wanted to get some people's thoughts on the potential signing of Justin Schultz (asusming he does not re-sign with Anaheim). I'm sure the bulk of you would be interested in the Wings signing him but the real question would be where does he fit into the depth chart this off-season if such a signing were to occur?

Here are some links:

The Future of Justin Schultz

TSN Schultz

Justin-Schultz.jpeg

Seems pretty speculative, but if the stars align the Wings could see themselves with Smith, Dekeyser, and Schultz, which is a hell of a lot of young talent on the back end.

and being a former team mate of Brendan Smith, ther'll be instant chemistry and a possible future right handed linemate for Smith. Wouldn't be a bad signing at all if they can get their hands on him.

This would be nice, however I doubt he would come here.

The Wings would offer him the chance to earn a shot. Other teams will offer him a roster spot instantly. When you are a Hobby-Baker finalist and as speculated THE THIRD BEST FA THIS SUMMER>?!?!? (per McKenzie) I wonder how receptive he would be to maybe making the team.

If they added him and Suter without losing anyone but Stuart...

They would have Lids, White, Suter, Kronner, Ericsson, Smith, Kindl, Schultz, and Quincey

That is at least two extra...

I sure am glad we traded a first for Quincey!!!

That one article suggests he would be RFA...

Would the Wings want to do that?

They would have Lids, White, Suter, Kronner, Ericsson, Smith, Kindl, Schultz, and Quincey

Well, that is (as you said)assuming they could sign Suter which is a lofty assumption. I'd say it would be more realistic to assume they couldn't sign Suter and they would have Lidstrom, White, Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Kindl, Smith and then Schultz with both Smith and Schultz having minor league options. I dont think it would be the worst thing in the world for Schultz to spend a year in the AHL if only to get accustom to the full pro schedule. He may not want to do that but it would make sense to me.

This would be nice, however I doubt he would come here.

The Wings would offer him the chance to earn a shot. Other teams will offer him a roster spot instantly. When you are a Hobby-Baker finalist and as speculated THE THIRD BEST FA THIS SUMMER>?!?!? (per McKenzie) I wonder how receptive he would be to maybe making the team.

I sure am glad we traded a first for Quincey!!!

That one article suggests he would be RFA...

Would the Wings want to do that?

Yeah who would want a solid #3-4 d-man when they could roll the dice with a late 1st rounder or gift-wrap a spot in the top six to a college kid who has never played a game in the NHL?

:rolleyes:

Yeah who would want a solid #3-4 d-man when they could roll the dice with a late 1st rounder or gift-wrap a spot in the top six to a college kid who has never played a game in the NHL?

:rolleyes:

Bob McKenzie seems to think he is the third best free agent. He is a Hobby Baker finalist. Even if they didn't sign him. Let's say they bring back everyone but Stuart, and they relplace him with Suter... We have too many defensemen. The point was WHY TRADE A NUMBER 1 FOR QUINCEY?

I don't think he is worth it. It just doesn't seem right.

We didn't need Quincey for this year, or next year. The bigger need was fixing the second line and the power play.

I guess you are okay with getting Quincey and his pinching in all the time and not helping us win. We shall see if he helps at all in the playoffs. I'd rather have the pick right now and take a flyer on Schultz this year, and a flyer on Danny the next year. Then we have a bunch of guys behind that...

Even without those two... Smith could fill in for Stuart and we would have the same 7 deep defense. It doesn't make sense. Quincey was a bad trade. Go ahead and roll your eyes.