• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

this team is soft

Rate this topic

Left him out because Wings will be stuck with him wih that god awful contract.

Campbell's contract was far worse and they were able to ship it out. The Rangers were able to ship Scott Gomez to Montreal.

If people honestly think Franzen has no value to any team in a trade, they are terribly undervaluing Franzen and his value to other GMs in the league. You won't get a star out of him, but you can get well-off serviceable players who can help make this team better.

When was the last time the Wings traded one of their top 10 or even top 15 players for that matter? Help me out here cuz I've been thinking about this a bit and am too lazy (like Franzen) to do any research.

When was the last time the Wings traded one of their top 10 or even top 15 players for that matter? Help me out here cuz I've been thinking about this a bit and am too lazy (like Franzen) to do any research.

06/07 Jason Williams to Chicago in Kyle Calder deal, 05/06 Jamie Rivers to Phoenix for pick, 03/04 Sean Avery and Max Kuznetsov to LA for Schneider. These are all borderline moves, Williams had been bumped down to probably 3rd line duty, Rivers was a 3rd-pairing D, Avery and Kuznetsov were 4th line and 5th/6th D, respectively. I don't remember any big off-season trades since Kozlov to Buffalo for Hasek in 2001.

06/07 Jason Williams to Chicago in Kyle Calder deal, 05/06 Jamie Rivers to Phoenix for pick, 03/04 Sean Avery and Max Kuznetsov to LA for Schneider. These are all borderline moves, Williams had been bumped down to probably 3rd line duty, Rivers was a 3rd-pairing D, Avery and Kuznetsov were 4th line and 5th/6th D, respectively. I don't remember any big off-season trades since Kozlov to Buffalo for Hasek in 2001.

I've been saying for a while that a trade is the only thing that will get this teams attention and make them play their ass off. But also believe that Holland is incapable of even entertaining such a radical thought.

I've been saying for a while that a trade is the only thing that will get this teams attention and make them play their ass off. But also believe that Holland is incapable of even entertaining such a radical thought.

Wow, maybe it's just my Blessed State of Intoxication, but I find myself agreeing with a lot of folks here tonight. Cheers!

Couldn't agree more. It's as if every DRW contract is a lifetime contract.

Yup - and I'm of the opinion those Red Wing teams from the late 90's (left-wing lock or not) would be a top team in todays game, and would be a favorite to win it all year in - year out.

Who doesn't think this? Those teams were awesome. Although it's interesting to consider how guys like Murphy and Fetisov would adjust to the speed of today's game.

I'd really love to see how Vladdy would do in today's game.