• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Henrik Zetterberg has passed two electrifying and prolific players to move into 10th place on the All-time Swedish NHL goal scoring list.

He is moving up the list fast at this point of his career. Its going to be hard to maintain the pace he is on, but it would be amazing if he could get to 500 career goals someday.

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Henrik Zetterberg has passed two electrifying and prolific players to move into 10th place on the All-time Swedish NHL goal scoring list.

He is moving up the list fast at this point of his career. Its going to be hard to maintain the pace he is on, but it would be amazing if he could get to 500 career goals someday.

He's very unlikely to get anywhere near 500 goals.

Actually, very few players of this generation and onward will be able to net 500 goals.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

He's very unlikely to get anywhere near 500 goals.

Actually, very few players of this generation and onward will be able to net 500 goals.

It is very unlikely, but somewhat "possible". He averages 28-29 goals a season. If he can maintain that, he gets there. 400-450 is probably more realistic.

#4 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm figuring that he'll end up 6th behind Tomas Sandstrom and Daniel Sedin.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 29 March 2012 - 11:50 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#5 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Pretty amazing that he passed Sundin

Edited by kylee, 30 March 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#6 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Glad he's on our side! And to think people were screaming bloody murder about him the first half of the year...

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

I remember a few seasons ago he said one of his career goals was to break the record for most goals in a season by a Sweded - 50 goals by Hakan Loob for Calgary IIRC. Don't know if he'll ever have a season like that now.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Wow, congrats Z.

Also, looking at that list its pretty amazing that Holmstrom is only 7 goals behind Forsberg (and actually only 10 behind Z). I know Homer has played a lot more games than those two but still impressive.

Finally, look at Lids +/- for his career, a +455, incredible.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#9 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, Sundin played a for a long time and I considered him pretty successful. Congrats Hank!

#10 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

I wonder if Z takes more pride in where he is in terms of assists.

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

It is very unlikely, but somewhat "possible". He averages 28-29 goals a season. If he can maintain that, he gets there. 400-450 is probably more realistic.

Do you really expect him to last until he is 40? If so, I can't imagine him averaging anywhere close to 28 goals a year over that period. He hasn't scored close to that many in a few years and you'd have to imagine he'll continue to decline as is normal.

#12 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

?

He didn't.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#13 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

?

He didn't.

Word.

"If Zetterberg fulfills his contract and plays until he is 40, he is projected to score 507 goals at his current rate, which could leave him as high as 2nd on the list, behind only the great Mats Sundin, who had 564 goals".

#14 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Glad he's on our side! And to think people were screaming bloody murder about him the first half of the year...

It was well deserved IMO. If he could play a full season like he is capable of then he might have a chance to beat Sundin. But now D. Sedin will get that honor.

#15 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Do you really expect him to last until he is 40? If so, I can't imagine him averaging anywhere close to 28 goals a year over that period. He hasn't scored close to that many in a few years and you'd have to imagine he'll continue to decline as is normal.

I predict 440.