• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfan

Zetterberg 10th on All-time Swedish Goal Scorers List

Rate this topic

Henrik Zetterberg has passed two electrifying and prolific players to move into 10th place on the All-time Swedish NHL goal scoring list.

He is moving up the list fast at this point of his career. Its going to be hard to maintain the pace he is on, but it would be amazing if he could get to 500 career goals someday.

Henrik Zetterberg has passed two electrifying and prolific players to move into 10th place on the All-time Swedish NHL goal scoring list.

He is moving up the list fast at this point of his career. Its going to be hard to maintain the pace he is on, but it would be amazing if he could get to 500 career goals someday.

He's very unlikely to get anywhere near 500 goals.

Actually, very few players of this generation and onward will be able to net 500 goals.

He's very unlikely to get anywhere near 500 goals.

Actually, very few players of this generation and onward will be able to net 500 goals.

It is very unlikely, but somewhat "possible". He averages 28-29 goals a season. If he can maintain that, he gets there. 400-450 is probably more realistic.

I remember a few seasons ago he said one of his career goals was to break the record for most goals in a season by a Sweded - 50 goals by Hakan Loob for Calgary IIRC. Don't know if he'll ever have a season like that now.

Wow, congrats Z.

Also, looking at that list its pretty amazing that Holmstrom is only 7 goals behind Forsberg (and actually only 10 behind Z). I know Homer has played a lot more games than those two but still impressive.

Finally, look at Lids +/- for his career, a +455, incredible.

It is very unlikely, but somewhat "possible". He averages 28-29 goals a season. If he can maintain that, he gets there. 400-450 is probably more realistic.

Do you really expect him to last until he is 40? If so, I can't imagine him averaging anywhere close to 28 goals a year over that period. He hasn't scored close to that many in a few years and you'd have to imagine he'll continue to decline as is normal.

?

He didn't.

Word.

"If Zetterberg fulfills his contract and plays until he is 40, he is projected to score 507 goals at his current rate, which could leave him as high as 2nd on the list, behind only the great Mats Sundin, who had 564 goals".

Glad he's on our side! And to think people were screaming bloody murder about him the first half of the year...

It was well deserved IMO. If he could play a full season like he is capable of then he might have a chance to beat Sundin. But now D. Sedin will get that honor.

Do you really expect him to last until he is 40? If so, I can't imagine him averaging anywhere close to 28 goals a year over that period. He hasn't scored close to that many in a few years and you'd have to imagine he'll continue to decline as is normal.

I predict 440.