• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT : Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I defend Babcock a lot but if he continues to keep Franzen with Pasha then he needs to answer for that because that is just a bad coaching decision. I consider Babs the best coach in the world, but a good coach would have recognized the lack of energy tonight and especially the top line. Pavel tried tons of different things but Franzen wasn't skating and when Pavel tried to give him the puck all Franzen did was either not catch it, dump it around the boards, pass to no one, or flick it in the air. I dont care how good Franzen has been in the past, he does NOT deserve to play with Datsyuk at all and the last 2 games proves that as he has single handidly made pavel look average.

Babcock better fix that line for next game... NYQUST WITH DATSYUK GOD DAMMITTTT!!!!

He's a good coach, but I would not go that far.

The media? Correct.

The "fans" here? Not so much.

Based on the past 2 months, how do you feel about the Wings game? Can you, honestly and objectively say that there playing really well? Like that of a Stanley Cup contender? There's struggles throughout the year, but this is different. They just turned out one of the worst performances of the year in likely the biggest game to date of the season. That's inexcusable, and real fans see it that way. I'm not gonna say the Wings are gods gift to earth right now, or have a good chance at the Cup right now because frankly, they don't.

BS. They're all over optimistic. Everyone seems to be wearing blinders when it comes to the wings. They fail to hold anyone accountable and realize that this team is in trouble bc "it's the wings, the best franchise in the game." Everyone is too nice and don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

Big difference between holding players accountable and saying someone saying they quit on the team entirely.

Everyone should be held accountable for this loss. Those that are quitting on the team should just leave IMHO.

Guest hudler sucks

"The best coach in the world" would not keep playing Dan Cleary.

Based on the past 2 months, how do you feel about the Wings game? Can you, honestly and objectively say that there playing really well? Like that of a Stanley Cup contender? There's struggles throughout the year, but this is different. They just turned out one of the worst performances of the year in likely the biggest game to date of the season. That's inexcusable, and real fans see it that way. I'm not gonna say the Wings are gods gift to earth right now, or have a good chance at the Cup right now because frankly, they don't.

Dude, remember our bad February in 2008? Anything is possible. :hehe:

I thought the Wings sucked tonight. No, I can't say they are playing well. Nope, I don't see a Cup contender. Your assessment is spot on with what I believe in. Criticize the team because they should be criticized.

My comment is to those "fans" who are quitting on the team, and there are a few posts in this thread alone.

Big difference between holding players accountable and saying someone saying they quit on the team entirely.

Everyone should be held accountable for this loss. Those that are quitting on the team should just leave IMHO.

But how do you really feel, Nightfall?

This whole defence rotation needs to stop too... we need to have our guys going heading into the playoffs because they arent rite now. I swear to god when i read the practice report tomorrow I better be reading about either Nyquist playing with Pavel or Hank playing with Pavel... either way we will NOT make it out of the first round if babs continues to play Franzen with Pavel. With few games remaining babcock has to start tinkering with the forward lines to find something that works best.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Filppula were the only forwards that played hard and created chances.

Having to watch Datsyuk drag around Franzen and Bertuzzi is so infuriating. What a waste of the most creative player in hockey. The top six needs completely revamped, hopefully starting with the addition of Parise.

My enthusiasm for the playoffs may be the lowest ever. Maybe they will flip the switch, but there's too many things working against the Red Wings to feel much confidence. Definitely need some new blood regardless this summer.

Guest hudler sucks

Why should we not quit on this team? The team has obviously quit on this season.

Are they entitled to rah-rah homer fans who support them no matter how s***ty their effort is?

I thought the Wings sucked tonight. No, I can't say they are playing well. Nope, I don't see a Cup contender. Your assessment is spot on with what I believe in. Criticize the team because they should be criticized.

My comment is to those "fans" who are quitting on the team, and there are a few posts in this thread alone.

Fair enough. Just making sure we're on the same page then :hehe:

I'm usually one of the last people to get negative I think...but now I'm getting more than a little worried and pissed. A mid-season crap-fest is one thing, but the playoffs are kind of approaching. You'd think the Wings would be starting to pull their heads out of their asses about now.

But how do you really feel, Nightfall?

That about summed it up.

What this forum needs is an enema. A couple losing seasons will do that to the bandwagoners who have been hanging around for the last 21 years. Don't like the team? GTFO.

Please note, "like" does not mean you can't be critical. Everyone deserves to shoulder some of the blame on this loss. That and Nashville deserves a lot of credit for being ready to take it to the Wings tonight.

Why should we not quit on this team? The team has obviously quit on this season.

Are they entitled to rah-rah homer fans who support them no matter how s***ty their effort is?

"Fans" like this are who I am addressing.

I suppose you could always go root for the Canucks. They need a fan like you.

Win or lose, I will be a Wings fan. I might not agree with all of the management and coaching decisions, but I will be rooting for the Wings.

Fans who support them through the hard times are considered "Die-hards". The opposite of "Bandwagons".

I'm often critical of the team, but I'm always gonna root for Detroit.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

They had a lot of chances in front and rang some posts, but no bounces went our way. Maybe if they actually put some effort in there would have been more of those chances...but instead they turned in one of the most lackluster efforts of the season in one of the most important games.

No jump to this team right now. Its baffling.

Get rid of Holland and that "jackass" behind the bench should be right behind 'em. It's pretty obvious that this team needs a complete overhaul and starting with management. What the hell is Illitch waiting for? I've been saying this all along.