• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT : Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

you can blame babs, you can blame the rest of the coaching staff, blame kenny holland. none of them are at fault right now.

this team was successful all season long until we got injuries. a very well balance team.

its no one fault except the players. when only 3 or 4 players show up your not going to win. its a team sport. you need to play as a team. everyone has to play 100% do their job. when you got 3 players doing there job and no one else you arent going to win.

the line combos somewhat hurt. if nyquist is playing he needs to be on the first line him and datsyuk they have chemistry. you can blame babs for that.

4th line is a waste of space. homer battles hard. emmerton doesnt do s***. abs and miller do their job.

stuart and kronwall have played like ass on the back end. franzen cleary and bert and destroying the front end. they need to step it up.

the team has everything it needs to be a winning team, just got to put it all together and play hard for a full 60.

im not gonna lie im very concerned about their play going into the playoffs, they have no chance playing the way they are now and they need to fix it fast

Edited by brett

Don't worry guys, it will all be better when Franzen gets back.

Wait...

Haven't you heard? The regular season is far to boring for the golden soft hands of Johan Franzen to be sullied. He has been saving away goals, backchecking, hitting, and skating for when "the real men" play...

*sigh* 3 years down, 8 to go...

Edited by b.shanafan14

Haven't you heard? The regular season is far to boring for the golden soft hands of Johan Franzen to be sullied. He has been saving away goals, backchecking, hitting, and skating for when "the real men" play...

*sigh* 3 years down, 8 to go...

I forgot about that. Same goes for Ericsson. He is so bored by the regular season, he sees no point in clearing the crease and dropping the gloves. Well, with Ericsson's stay at home prowess and Franzen's golden hands coming alive in the playoffs, we should make it out of the first round.

Then be the arbiter of that in your own mind and resist sharing it with the rest of us.

As long as people are going to publicly quit on this team, I am going to be happy to show them the door. Sorry, thats just the way I work. I will do my best to keep my comments on this limited though.

At this rate, we'll be lucky if we win 1 round.

Based on what I have seen from Wings teams past, I would say that a 2nd round exit is more realistic. Seems that they historically always pick it up come playoff time.

Funny how people think they know how the Wings will play in the playoffs this year. Detroit fans should know more than anyone that the playoffs is completely different than the regular season. We won't know how the Wings will do in the playoffs until they actually start.

4th seed, 5th seed, 6th seed, I really don't care.

Funny how people think they know how the Wings will play in the playoffs this year. Detroit fans should know more than anyone that the playoffs is completely different than the regular season. We won't know how the Wings will do in the playoffs until they actually start.

4th seed, 5th seed, 6th seed, I really don't care.

Apparently neither do the Wings <_<

you can blame babs, you can blame the rest of the coaching staff, blame kenny holland. none of them are at fault right now.

this team was successful all season long until we got injuries. a very well balance team.

its no one fault except the players. when only 3 or 4 players show up your not going to win. its a team sport. you need to play as a team. everyone has to play 100% do their job. when you got 3 players doing there job and no one else you arent going to win.

the line combos somewhat hurt. if nyquist is playing he needs to be on the first line him and datsyuk they have chemistry. you can blame babs for that.

4th line is a waste of space. homer battles hard. emmerton doesnt do s***. abs and miller do their job.

stuart and kronwall have played like ass on the back end. franzen cleary and bert and destroying the front end. they need to step it up.

the team has everything it needs to be a winning team, just got to put it all together and play hard for a full 60.

im not gonna lie im very concerned about their play going into the playoffs, they have no chance playing the way they are now and they need to fix it fast

Interesting, you say don't blame the staff, then point out how Babs should have Pav/Nyquist and talk about the pairing of Kronwall/Stu being bad. Not to mention Bert/Mule/Cleary all playing terrible or even playing, if that isn't the coaching staffs fault (and the players themselves) then whose fault is it? The coaches are responsible for rewarding and disciplining players, or sitting players who are "injured".

I don't care why or how anyone here became a fan. I don't consider that something I need to concern myself with. I'm sick of the Wings' s***ty play, not fans on a message board. They don't affect me.

Well said.

I'm tired of watching 82 games just to have the Wings not show up at the end of the season and the playoffs. "Yay, our playoff streak is at 21 years!" but the last 2 (looking like 3) have been completely benign. The players on the team seem to acknowledge that it is cup-or-bust, we know they all have the ability to play much, MUCH better than they are, and yet nothing seems to motivate them to reach that level again.

What is the point of having emmerton on this team if he is only getting 6 mins of playing time?

What's the point of Emmerton at all? He was on the ice for two Nashville goals in six minutes.

Six minutes too many IMO. To be fair, the Red Wings have much larger issues than Cory Emmerton, but my goodness the 4th line of this team is just pathetic.

I'm tired of watching 82 games just to have the Wings not show up at the end of the season and the playoffs. "Yay, our playoff streak is at 21 years!" but the last 2 (looking like 3) have been completely benign. The players on the team seem to acknowledge that it is cup-or-bust, we know they all have the ability to play much, MUCH better than they are, and yet nothing seems to motivate them to reach that level again.

The fans also expect a cup or its a failed season. This is all part of winning 4 cups the last 15 years.

Just based on what I have seen so far, I will consider a conference finals exit to be an overachieving season. 2nd round is more realistic.

What's the point of Emmerton at all? He was on the ice for two Nashville goals in six minutes.

Six minutes too many IMO. To be fair, the Red Wings have much larger issues than Cory Emmerton, but my goodness the 4th line of this team is just pathetic.

haha sorry that's kinda what I meant if he is so bad that you don't want to give him minutes, why play him? Hey but he did win 66% of his faceoffs :hehe:

haha sorry that's kinda what I meant if he is so bad that you don't want to give him minutes, why play him? Hey but he did win 66% of his faceoffs :hehe:

No worries -- I kinda figured that was your point.

I understand giving Emmerton a chance this season being he couldn't get sent down, but I think it's pretty clear by now that he isn't really an effective NHL player especially in a 4th line role. Too bad Helm got hurt as Abdelkader could just slide down to the 4th line. I imagine Emmerton being a center is one of the only reasons he continues to play.