• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#321 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

I defend Babcock a lot but if he continues to keep Franzen with Pasha then he needs to answer for that because that is just a bad coaching decision. I consider Babs the best coach in the world, but a good coach would have recognized the lack of energy tonight and especially the top line. Pavel tried tons of different things but Franzen wasn't skating and when Pavel tried to give him the puck all Franzen did was either not catch it, dump it around the boards, pass to no one, or flick it in the air. I dont care how good Franzen has been in the past, he does NOT deserve to play with Datsyuk at all and the last 2 games proves that as he has single handidly made pavel look average.

Babcock better fix that line for next game... NYQUST WITH DATSYUK GOD DAMMITTTT!!!!

#322 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I never read them say anything anymore but just stating facts.

The media? Correct.

The "fans" here? Not so much.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#323 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

That's all she wrote folks. Can't really be arsed with where we seed now. Like it matters with the way our team is playing. :thumbdown:

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 30 March 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#324 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Jesus Christ that was pitiful. I'd come up with something stronger, but words escape me.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#325 foster016

foster016

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

They are more analytical and accurate than the "fans" on this site.

BS. They're all over optimistic. Everyone seems to be wearing blinders when it comes to the wings. They fail to hold anyone accountable and realize that this team is in trouble bc "it's the wings, the best franchise in the game." Everyone is too nice and don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott

#326 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I defend Babcock a lot but if he continues to keep Franzen with Pasha then he needs to answer for that because that is just a bad coaching decision. I consider Babs the best coach in the world, but a good coach would have recognized the lack of energy tonight and especially the top line. Pavel tried tons of different things but Franzen wasn't skating and when Pavel tried to give him the puck all Franzen did was either not catch it, dump it around the boards, pass to no one, or flick it in the air. I dont care how good Franzen has been in the past, he does NOT deserve to play with Datsyuk at all and the last 2 games proves that as he has single handidly made pavel look average.

Babcock better fix that line for next game... NYQUST WITH DATSYUK GOD DAMMITTTT!!!!

He's a good coach, but I would not go that far.

#327 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

The media? Correct.

The "fans" here? Not so much.

Based on the past 2 months, how do you feel about the Wings game? Can you, honestly and objectively say that there playing really well? Like that of a Stanley Cup contender? There's struggles throughout the year, but this is different. They just turned out one of the worst performances of the year in likely the biggest game to date of the season. That's inexcusable, and real fans see it that way. I'm not gonna say the Wings are gods gift to earth right now, or have a good chance at the Cup right now because frankly, they don't.

#NOMOREKINDL

#328 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

We'll start winning again when Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Franzen come back from inj..................oh wait, nevermind.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#329 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

BS. They're all over optimistic. Everyone seems to be wearing blinders when it comes to the wings. They fail to hold anyone accountable and realize that this team is in trouble bc "it's the wings, the best franchise in the game." Everyone is too nice and don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

Big difference between holding players accountable and saying someone saying they quit on the team entirely.

Everyone should be held accountable for this loss. Those that are quitting on the team should just leave IMHO.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#330 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

On a good note, my Saginaw Spirit beat the Sting tonight :D

#331 hudler sucks

hudler sucks

Prospect

• 33 posts

"The best coach in the world" would not keep playing Dan Cleary.

#332 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Based on the past 2 months, how do you feel about the Wings game? Can you, honestly and objectively say that there playing really well? Like that of a Stanley Cup contender? There's struggles throughout the year, but this is different. They just turned out one of the worst performances of the year in likely the biggest game to date of the season. That's inexcusable, and real fans see it that way. I'm not gonna say the Wings are gods gift to earth right now, or have a good chance at the Cup right now because frankly, they don't.

Dude, remember our bad February in 2008? Anything is possible. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#333 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

I thought the Wings sucked tonight. No, I can't say they are playing well. Nope, I don't see a Cup contender. Your assessment is spot on with what I believe in. Criticize the team because they should be criticized.

My comment is to those "fans" who are quitting on the team, and there are a few posts in this thread alone.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#334 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Big difference between holding players accountable and saying someone saying they quit on the team entirely.

Everyone should be held accountable for this loss. Those that are quitting on the team should just leave IMHO.

But how do you really feel, Nightfall?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#335 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Tough loss but they will bounce back. Still a lot of hockey to be played.

#336 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

This whole defence rotation needs to stop too... we need to have our guys going heading into the playoffs because they arent rite now. I swear to god when i read the practice report tomorrow I better be reading about either Nyquist playing with Pavel or Hank playing with Pavel... either way we will NOT make it out of the first round if babs continues to play Franzen with Pavel. With few games remaining babcock has to start tinkering with the forward lines to find something that works best.

#337 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Filppula were the only forwards that played hard and created chances.

Having to watch Datsyuk drag around Franzen and Bertuzzi is so infuriating. What a waste of the most creative player in hockey. The top six needs completely revamped, hopefully starting with the addition of Parise.

My enthusiasm for the playoffs may be the lowest ever. Maybe they will flip the switch, but there's too many things working against the Red Wings to feel much confidence. Definitely need some new blood regardless this summer.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#338 hudler sucks

hudler sucks

Prospect

• 33 posts

Why should we not quit on this team? The team has obviously quit on this season.

Are they entitled to rah-rah homer fans who support them no matter how s***ty their effort is?

#339 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

I thought the Wings sucked tonight. No, I can't say they are playing well. Nope, I don't see a Cup contender. Your assessment is spot on with what I believe in. Criticize the team because they should be criticized.

My comment is to those "fans" who are quitting on the team, and there are a few posts in this thread alone.

Fair enough. Just making sure we're on the same page then :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#340 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'm usually one of the last people to get negative I think...but now I'm getting more than a little worried and pissed. A mid-season crap-fest is one thing, but the playoffs are kind of approaching. You'd think the Wings would be starting to pull their heads out of their asses about now.