• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#361 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Haven't seen your brother Crymson in a while.

Be careful, if you say his name 3 times, he will appear. :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#362 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

If there's anything I hate more than losing, it's listening to sanctimonious clap-trap about what does or does not constitute a fan, and where those who are deemed "un-fans" (to borrow from the Newspeak dictionary) can go.

Word. Its not being a "spoiled" fan to be critical of these types of losses. Open your eyes, look at the product on the ice, and tell me this bodes well. The effort of half the team is non-existent and it appears to finally be wearing on the players who have invested themselves. As frustrating as a fan to watch, as I'm sure it is to players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg to be a part of.

#363 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I think we as long time wings fans have to realize that the parity in the league has caught everyone up, or lowered the wings, to a very similar level of play.

The wings are in the top 10 teams in the league, but the discrepancy between teams 1 and 10 is very little anymore.

As a fan that got to see the great teams in the 90s I'm honestly annoyed that we can't stack a team and kick some ass anymore.

I totally agree about the parity. It's a whole different ballgame now and the Wings (and the rest of us, starting with me) might as well face that.

Meanwhile, right around the middle of the second period (7 pm DST), the power went out here in Cedar Park and came back on exactly an hour later. And there was my least favorite FSD announcer telling me the Wings lost 4-1. I guess ours wasn't the only power that went out. :unhappy:

I saw a flurry of activity early in the second, and that was it. Otherwise they were chasing and reacting. And when Micky said after the game there were too many passengers, he was right on, from what I saw. It's embarassing, knowing the range of talent some of them have and aren't even bothering. Maybe when Helmer gets back...:crybaby:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#364 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Don't worry guys, it will all be better when Franzen gets back.

Wait...
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#365 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

You still haven't told me what the first time was. ;)

That happened way back in 2007. You commented on Dallas Drake being a good signing when it happened. I was one of the small minority who agreed at the time.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#366 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

For the third time in forum history, we are in complete agreement. This team does need a shakeup, because when the chips are down so far, they haven't responded. I am going to be eager to see them in the playoffs, because if there is no spark, I have a feeling that heads will roll.

Whose head?

Do you think Ilitch will fire Holland? I don't.

You think Babcock will be fired after a first round exit? More likely than Holland getting fired, but I still doubt it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#367 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Phew ... good news, I just checked and our last game of regular season is with Chicago. If we keep playing like this, we'll be assured of the 6th spot.

#368 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

That happened way back in 2007. You commented on Dallas Drake being a good signing when it happened. I was one of the small minority who agreed at the time.

Holy cow, 2007?

If the newer posters think I'm bad now, they're lucky they weren't here in 2007. :lol:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#369 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

I think the thing that is frustrating, is Babcock changing up the lines when they are losing, but in the next game, comes out with the same old. I hope against the panthers he starts the game with some mixing of the lines, but I highly doubt he will <_<

#370 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Whose head?

You think Babcock will be fired after a first round exit? More likely than Holland getting fired, but I still doubt it.

Holmstrom won't be resigned.
Lids will be retained.
Cleary and Hudler will be gone.
Holland may be relieved, but I doubt it.
I could go on and on....but I am just predicting a big change.....

I am just saying changes will be coming.

Holy cow, 2007?

If the newer posters think I'm bad now, they're lucky they weren't here in 2007. :lol:

Yea, when you posted how good of a signing that was, and I was agreeing....we took a lot of flak. After the Wings won the cup in 2008, everyone was commenting how good of a signing it was, and I just envisioned you and I laughing at everyone who torched us about it at the beginning of the season.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#371 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Whose head?

To be honest, Holland and/or Babcock should go if we suffer another early exit. I don't think either will happen, so we can only hope for a few players to be shipped out. If Franzen doesn't show up, he needs to go.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#372 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Well tonight was a bit disappointing
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#373 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,506 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Jesus Christ that was pitiful. I'd come up with something stronger, but words escape me.

Nah - pitiful pretty much sums everything up.

At this rate by next week Sunday the Wings will have dropped to 6th, and lose their precious "home ice" advantage.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#374 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

To be honest, Holland and/or Babcock should go if we suffer another early exit. I don't think either will happen, so we can only hope for a few players to be shipped out. If Franzen doesn't show up, he needs to go.

If the Wings make it the 3rd round, I will consider that a good benchmark for a "deep run". Anything less is an early exit.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#375 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

I think we are all sick of some of these types of fans: bandwagon fans, fans with blinders on, fans of the opposite team, critical fans, etc.

I don't care why or how anyone here became a fan. I don't consider that something I need to concern myself with. I'm sick of the Wings' s***ty play, not fans on a message board. They don't affect me.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#376 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

I don't care why or how anyone here became a fan. I don't consider that something I need to concern myself with. I'm sick of the Wings' s***ty play, not fans on a message board. They don't affect me.

I would rather discuss and be critical of the team with other fans. Not with quitters. Thats just me though.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#377 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

you can blame babs, you can blame the rest of the coaching staff, blame kenny holland. none of them are at fault right now.
this team was successful all season long until we got injuries. a very well balance team.

its no one fault except the players. when only 3 or 4 players show up your not going to win. its a team sport. you need to play as a team. everyone has to play 100% do their job. when you got 3 players doing there job and no one else you arent going to win.

the line combos somewhat hurt. if nyquist is playing he needs to be on the first line him and datsyuk they have chemistry. you can blame babs for that.
4th line is a waste of space. homer battles hard. emmerton doesnt do s***. abs and miller do their job.
stuart and kronwall have played like ass on the back end. franzen cleary and bert and destroying the front end. they need to step it up.

the team has everything it needs to be a winning team, just got to put it all together and play hard for a full 60.

im not gonna lie im very concerned about their play going into the playoffs, they have no chance playing the way they are now and they need to fix it fast

Edited by brett, 30 March 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#378 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Don't worry guys, it will all be better when Franzen gets back.

Wait...

Haven't you heard? The regular season is far to boring for the golden soft hands of Johan Franzen to be sullied. He has been saving away goals, backchecking, hitting, and skating for when "the real men" play...

*sigh* 3 years down, 8 to go...

Edited by b.shanafan14, 30 March 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#379 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

If the Wings make it the 3rd round, I will consider that a good benchmark for a "deep run". Anything less is an early exit.

Fair enough. Right now, I'm doubting we get that far, but that's another discussion.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#380 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

I would rather discuss and be critical of the team with other fans. Not with quitters. Thats just me though.

Then be the arbiter of that in your own mind and resist sharing it with the rest of us.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor