• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MTU_Huskies963

Babcock's after game comments

Rate this topic

“The score wasn’t flattering for us,'' Babcock said. “I thought we did lots of good things. It was kind of like the game that I expected. I didn’t think there would be much room for either team and I didn’t think there was.”

“I would have liked to have won this game for sure, but I still thought we took a step as a team and that’s what matters to me.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/03/revamped_predators_beat_red_wi.html

I understand being positive after a loss, but to say that <_<

Edit: On a side not that picture in the article made me LOL :lol:

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

I have supported Babcock, and I think its an over-reaction to call for his replacement, but I'm tired of this bulls*** right here.

This last month the Wings have done nothing but lose, and yet after every loss, Babcock seems to tell the media that he "thought the team took a step forward". Are we the Leafs all of a sudden? A step forward is a win, the next step is a couple wins, then several wins, onto consistent winning. The Wings haven't beat anyone besides the Jackets once and the Hurricanes. All their key players besides Helm and Eaves are back from injury. Win or change something. This s*** is grinding on my last nerve.

"We lost by less tonight" or "we did a lot of good thing" or "the puck just hasn't been bouncing our way"... make your own luck, god damnit! You can start by putting Nyquist with Datsyuk and putting Franzen down with Cleary.

I thought the Wings played well tonight. They hit two posts, Zetterberg was robbed, and Nashville's first two goals (I didn't see the 3rd) came on flukey plays.

The Wings could have easily won 3-1 or 4-1.

What game were you watching? I can't see Detroit winning with the kind of effort they put out tonight, especially this close to the playoffs. While every other team is hitting its stride and playing well, the Wings look uninterested, lethargic and resigned to another early exit.

The Wings could have easily won 3-1 or 4-1.

:blink: .... how?

They hit one or two posts, about as many as Nashville. Preds had the better goalie since Rinne is Rinne and Howard was coming back from injury, so the onus was always on the Wing's skaters to outwork Nashville. The majority of the Wings' shots through two periods were on the outside and harmless, and most of the pressure was on unsuccessful powerplays, including what amounted to only a 5 shot advantage for the Wings through 60 minutes. Zetterberg did get robbed by Rinne huge, but Howard also had a save or two that Conklin would have let in (not saying much), so call that a wash. The third Nashville goal was a complete defensive lapse on the part of Emmerton and afterwards the team seemed to deflate completely until the last 3 or 4 minutes.

So please explain, how could the Wings have just as easily won 3-1 or 4-1? Not trying to bust you balls, I'm honestly perplexed.

These comments really bother me... this seems like the mark where you will look back and say this is where Babcock lost his touch. This whole season seems like he has been sitting and watching a completely different team than what is on the ice. How else can you explain why Cleary is not on the fourth line. He would be useful there. Also, is it just me, or did Franzen play better than he has all season when he was on the 3rd line with Abdelkader? Previous years when the Red Wings put forth a poor effort in a game like this the lines would have been juggled 5 times during the game.

These comments make me very nervous for the future. "Ya know, I would have liked to win this game." wtf is that?

Zetterberg's comments weren't much better either. The Red Wings have always held themselves to a higher standard and this sounds like something coming out of the Oilers press conference.

Detroit was able to keep the score close through most of the 2nd, but they simply couldn't make the same plays tonight that Nashville did. That is an issue of execution, and while I understand where Babcock is coming from, they needed to execute. They simply didn't tonight. That third goal was an example of poor play in the defensive zone during the entire game.

In the same interview Babcock says it was a goalie matchup that we lost. So s***ty of him to blame Jimmy for that game. Even if Jimmy was at his very best and stole the game the coach should never expect that to happen. The wings scored one goal in the last ten minutes of the game. That's not executing. You will lose 90% of the games you play when that happens. The goals Nashville scored (albeit a little lucky) Jimmy had no chance. Way too much traffic in front...couldn't pick up the puck.... couldn't clear the zone.

I don't think the wings played well but I also don't think they were outplayed and probably could of gotten a win on some nights but this shouldn't be acceptable from a coach of the red wings who expect to be the best every night.

I understand staying positive when your team isn't playing well. But this is not peewee house hockey. This is a team that says it expects to compete for the Stanley Cup every year. They sound like they've never been there before and are trying to build off of every little good play they make. This is bulls***.

4 8 15 16 23 42

You got two numbers right, you sir win a free ticket :clap::yowza:

What a coach says to the public compared to what a coach says to his team are two different things, anyone assuming that the Wings go into the playoffs sitting on their hands hasn't been watching the same team I have for the past so many years. What Babs says to the public will have no impact on the team's play going forward. Point being... RELAX. We will be firing on all cylanders when it counts, i'm not concerned.

It's not feeding the drama-hungry fans. It's calling the players out.

He doesnt need to address the players through us fans. Babcock doesnt like cameras or any sneak peek into his team. He will keep the public under one impression and i guarantee he went into that locker room singing a different tone.

You got two numbers right, you sir win a free ticket :clap::yowza:

What a coach says to the public compared to what a coach says to his team are two different things, anyone assuming that the Wings go into the playoffs sitting on their hands hasn't been watching the same team I have for the past so many years. What Babs says to the public will have no impact on the team's play going forward. Point being... RELAX. We will be firing on all cylanders when it counts, i'm not concerned.

I understand that what he says in interviews has to be different than the way he handles things in the locker room but I think he needs to change what he's doing or be replaced. They had an optional practice yesterday...this was a big game and they have not been playing to their potential. Every single player should have been there working their ass off in practice. I bet today will be another optional skate, just like the last west coast trip, they spent all their time playing out in the sun instead of figuring out how to fix what went wrong. That is not a good message to send, you play like s*** so go ahead and take a day off.

I was at the game and that was the most boring game I attended all season, during the 2nd period I looked up at the clock and it was only half way through but felt like it should be the 3rd. They had a few good chances and yes the Preds did play hard but I still think we have more talent in and should have and could have worked hard which would have resulted in a win.

He doesnt need to address the players through us fans. Babcock doesnt like cameras or any sneak peek into his team. He will keep the public under one impression and i guarantee he went into that locker room singing a different tone.

Again with the fans angle.

It's not feeding drama-hungry fans. It's not addressing us through the fans (though it's closer to that than feeding drama-hungry fans).

It's rocking the boat.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, behind closed doors, Babcock's tearing the team a new collective ass hole every night now. But, well - let's say that's the case. Let's say that, behind closed doors, he's tearing the team a new collective ass hole every time they lose now. The question being, Does it seem to be helping matters?

People still care about the coach interviews? Babcock's portrayal to the media is about as fake as you can get. If we win and play well he will say we need to improve and if we lose and play bad he'll point out the things in the game that went well. He's been doing it forever, the only people that know what's going on is the people in the locker room, and while media call outs might be interesting I don't believe that's the proper course of action with so many proven championship caliber players.

Again with the fans angle.

It's not feeding drama-hungry fans. It's not addressing us through the fans (though it's closer to that than feeding drama-hungry fans).

It's rocking the boat.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, behind closed doors, Babcock's tearing the team a new collective ass hole every night now. But, well - let's say that's the case. Let's say that, behind closed doors, he's tearing the team a new collective ass hole every time they lose now. The question being, Does it seem to be helping matters?

No. Currently it is not. But as a coach or a leader in any position you cant beat a dead horse and continue just putting players on blast. Blasting your players non stop can have two effects... it can motivate and get heads oit of asses or overtime you can see a drop in morale and confidence. So what if Babcock is trying a new approach and finding a way to motivate and try to instill some confidence in this team. I know its hard to think about with an aged organization like we have, but i wouldnt disown the idea either.

while media call outs might be interesting I don't believe that's the proper course of action with so many proven championship caliber players.

Proven championship caliber players who are playing like zombies.

You're right, of course: a media call-out isn't Babs' style. But that's sort of the idea.

No. Currently it is not. But as a coach or a leader in any position you cant beat a dead horse and continue just putting players on blast. Blasting your players non stop can have two effects... it can motivate and get heads oit of asses or overtime you can see a drop in morale and confidence. So what if Babcock is trying a new approach and finding a way to motivate and try to instill some confidence in this team. I know its hard to think about with an aged organization like we have, but i wouldnt disown the idea either.

I'm not saying Babs should be berating them after every loss. It was a hypothetical counter-argument. Frankly, I'm hung-over, and I shouldn't have to talk myself into circles over a point as simple and reasonable as the one I'm making - that is, that, hey, maybe the boat needs to be rocked.