• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Luke Schenn

Rate this topic

Luke Schenn will definitely be on the trade market this offseason, and with Stuart leaving does anyone think he cuold be a good trade target?

Hes still really young, one of the most physical blueliners in the league and could develop into an Adam Foote type player. He looks brutal in Toronto so his value might be lower than one would expect. I think he could turn out well in Detroit with their strong development of defenseman.

He wouldnt step in right away and replace Stuart but could eat some of his minutes with Smith potentially.

Ericcson or Kindl plus something could get it done.

Reclaimation project? If Babs thinks he can do it AND Burke is the first to eat some of the salary in a trade. No way he is worth $4.6 mill/yr.

His cap is only 3.6 youre off by a million lol but I dont know if I would even call it a reclamation project hes like 21 years old. Its more like just developing a young player, he would give us another physical force to patrol the blueline with Smith and Kronwall next year. If he and Smith both hit their potential they could be the top pairing in 5 years, they would compliment eachothers style well

If it involved Ericsson, I'd be interested. His value has fallen off, but he's still so young, physical and mean. I'm sure learning from Lidstrom and Kronwall could only mean good things.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Smith

Schenn-Quincey

Kindl

Giddy up :thumbup:

He'd be a good replacement for Stuart, in my opinion. He has some puck skills. I've heard Burke may be looking to get rid of him, but I'm not sure he would take Ericsson in return.

The one thing I ask of Schenn: Take off the visor when you fight. Its a minor thing, but it bothers the s*** out of me. Heat of the moment thing? I don't mind it, but he seems to fight with it on more often than not.

I once thought of a guy like Shane O'Brien as a strictly 3rd pairing defenseman, but he's put up 20 points from the blueline this year, and proved to be pretty defensively solid. He would probably be my first choice as Stuart's replacement. I believe he's a UFA this summer. You could even try to play Smith on the 2nd pairing, knowing O'Brien is used to the 3rd pairing role.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-O'Brien

Ericsson/Quincey-Smith

Kindl

OR

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Ericsson-O'Brien

Kindl/Smith

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I a heartbeat. Schenn has massive upside and is a young, mobile, physical force. He has been stuck in the land of misfit toys for his career thusfar - but this is a player than can excel in a better market/team. Hes a functional player thats willing to stand up for his teammates - which is more than can be said for this entire roster 95% of the time. If a move makes sense Id be very happy to see this kid in Detroit.

I a heartbeat. Schenn has massive upside and is a young, mobile, physical force. He has been stuck in the land of misfit toys for his career thusfar - but this is a player than can excel in a better market/team. Hes a functional player thats willing to stand up for his teammates - which is more than can be said for this entire roster 95% of the time. If a move makes sense Id be very happy to see this kid in Detroit.

This!!!

Instead of going after Q, Holland should have gone for Schenn in first place. As "jroc86" said, Schenn has a HUGE upside and he's right hand def.

Can he make the first pass? Despite Ericsson's other problems, he can definitely make the first outlet pass and that is one of the highly prized factors the wings look for in a defenseman. If not, then despite his physical skills he would be a bust.

About one out of every ten of those outlet passes are picked off though by a forward.

Luke Schenn is a good young player and would do really well on this team, not sure I'd like what we'd have to give up for him but if it helped make us a better team and get us one step closer to winning another Stanley Cup Championship I'd be on board!!

as long as we throw an $8m offer sheet at Karlsson and see what the Sens do, I think we are ok with what we have. Smith is going to be on the team next year, Stuy is gone, maybe Kindl will be used in a deal think Lids will stay one more year. Then maybe we go after Weber next off season. Not sure about the Quincey situ thou, he's still only 26 but is on $3.125m so its a tricky one.

My preffered D core when Lids is gone;

Weber Kronwall

Smith Karlsson

Nikitin Emelin

If it involved Ericsson, I'd be interested. His value has fallen off, but he's still so young, physical and mean. I'm sure learning from Lidstrom and Kronwall could only mean good things.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Smith

Schenn-Quincey

Kindl

Giddy up :thumbup:

Schenn would most likely play with Kronwall. That would be an intense pairing to play against, better keep your head up.