• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonFlame

What do you consider a success?

Rate this topic

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And I played basketball in grammar school and high school. Glad we were able to have this discussion about the sports we played when we were younger.

Just showing you that even people who understand the game can find it dull and boring.

Thought I made that perfectly clear.

If you think baseball isn't entertaining, either you root for a s***ty team, or you have no clue what anyone is doing and don't care to learn. I don't necessarily care for basketball or football, but I can at least understand that it has a lot of entertainment value and excitement for people.

Entertaining? Somewhat. While I do enjoy Tigers games, I can't sit down and purely watch one like I can an NFL or Wings game. I have to be doing something else at the same time. But that's just how baseball is. It's leisurely.

Also I feel 82 games is too many for a pro sports season. Let alone, 162. The season just rolls on and on and on and games don't really mean anything until late August.

At this point I'd have to say that just making the playoffs is a success. As I've stated before I really didn't have High Expectations for this season's team based on their off-season signings. Also given their inconsistency this season and their lack of success on the Power Play I'd have to say just making the playoffs is a success for this season.

Cup or bust. All others answers = Wrong.

Also,

Also I feel 82 games is too many for a pro sports season. Let alone, 162. The season just rolls on and on and on and games don't really mean anything until late August.

This, this, this.

^^^

When Hockey is over, that means the only sport I have to watch is MLB. Don't get me wrong, I support the Tigers and stuff when they play but I hate baseball season! Jut ready for us to be in it come June/July!

When the NHL playoffs end, i cancel the cable and i can no longer play hockey on 1 tv and watch it on the other. In the NHL offseason, i just play an excessive amount of NHL online, thus, i do not believe there is an offseason for hockey...just a summer holiday for the players.

Tough to say.

Early playoff exits are disappointing. At the same time, making it to the Finals and losing is a terrible feeling as well.

Expectations tend to change as the playoffs go on.

Dammit, I liked it better when I could count on one finger how many times I agreed with you since you joined back in 2007. This is the 4th time. :D

I agree with this. Its not realistic to expect cup or bust from any team. You figure if you make the Conference finals, only 3 other teams have made it that far. Thats in the new NHL where the teams are so close in terms of talent.

I personally would consider this team a success if they made it to the conference finals.

Hate to sound like a ******, but the only success there in that poll is winning the cup. Losing isn't success. I'm sure the Wings players would feel the same too.

If you think baseball isn't entertaining, either you root for a s***ty team, or you have no clue what anyone is doing and don't care to learn. I don't necessarily care for basketball or football, but I can at least understand that it has a lot of entertainment value and excitement for people.

Meh, Baseball is ok, but it all depends on what you like. I prefer to watch baseball in person. Its nice to be outside, drinking a beer, and watching the game. On TV, its ok, but its not hockey. It always is a long summer for me when the last NHL game is played. I already start looking forward to football, and then preseason hockey. :)

For the Detroit Red Wings a success can only mean a Stanley Cup. I think there are like 5 teams the NHL that would only call a championship a successful season, DET, PIT, VAN, BOS, NYR maybe.. the leagues elite teams. For everyone else making the playoffs may be considered a success. I've never lived a day in which the wings didn't make the playoffs that year. So IMO making the playoffs is not enough. Like they said in 2007 "One round is not enough"