Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

4/1 GDT : Panthers 1 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#321 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#322 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

A win is a win. Even with a Blackhawks win tonight well still remain in 4th. So much for the regular season not making a difference

#323 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hopefully they build on this win moving forward.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#324 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

They're looking better. That's all I can ask at this point in the season. Good D and goaltending, The scoring will improve.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#325 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

[quote name='Electrophile' timestamp='1333320716' post='2276760']
I like that I got negged for effectively saying I couldn't believe we needed a shoot-out to beat the Florida Panthers. My thanks to the ***** responsible for it. :clap:
[/quote
I'm the one who gave it to you. I considered it a double negative,. like overkill. I think they looked better in this game than they have in some time. Not great and still not shooting enough, but working harder. I was just damn grateful that they got to that point, no matter who it was. Not important, I don't think. The fact that they were playing harder and with more heart was to me, the important thing. As in, why go negative at that point? Not like it ain't your prerogative, but I didn't appreciate the negativity at that point.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#326 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Let's keep this a discussion about the game instead of another discussion about who negged who and why.

I don't even know why the crap people care so much. Make mostly thoughtful posts and you'll end up on the positive side, even if a few people neg you for no reason.

#327 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

1333321622[/url]' post='2276772']
Let's keep this a discussion about the game instead of another discussion about who negged who and why.

I don't even know why the crap people care so much. Make mostly thoughtful posts and you'll end up on the positive side, even if a few people neg you for no reason.

I usually do that. But I'm not a ***** or afraid to back up my reasons. She wanted to know and I told her, as logically and calmly as I knew how. And you're right about the rest of it. I'm more than done here. Thanks.

Edited by Vladifan, 01 April 2012 - 06:12 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#328 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Seriously....who is this Franzen everyone keeps talking about?

Posted Image

He is struggling now but I fully expect Mule to come alive in the playoffs.

#329 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

I like that I got negged for effectively saying I couldn't believe we needed a shoot-out to beat the Florida Panthers. My thanks to the ***** responsible for it. :clap:

I'm the one who gave it to you. I considered it a double negative,. like overkill. I think they looked better in this game than they have in some time. Not great and still not shooting enough, but working harder. I was just damn grateful that they got to that point, no matter who it was. Not important, I don't think. The fact that they were playing harder and with more heart was to me, the important thing. As in, why go negative at that point? Not like it ain't your prerogative, but I didn't appreciate the negativity at that point.

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't take a shoot-out to beat the Florida Panthers. We won, but it shouldn't have taken this much effort to do so. We should have beaten them in regulation. If you took issue with what I said, you should have quoted me and said so.

I'm getting sick of this "ZOMG DON'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE!!11!!" around here. Negative doesn't always mean rude/cruel. I didn't say the team sucked ass and should be contracted from the NHL.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#330 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't take a shoot-out to beat the Florida Panthers. We won, but it shouldn't have taken this much effort to do so. We should have beaten them in regulation. If you took issue with what I said, you should have quoted me and said so.

I'm getting sick of this "ZOMG DON'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE!!11!!" around here. Negative doesn't always mean rude/cruel. I didn't say the team sucked ass and should be contracted from the NHL.

Panthers aren't a bad team anymore. They are 3rd in the East. sure the Wings could have played better and won, but I wouldn't be underestimating a team like the Panthers who have proved themselves after soo many s***ty years.

#331 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

At this point, I'm just happy that we got 2 pts ... what a relief!

#332 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

We beat a division leader. Go Wings!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#333 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Panthers aren't a bad team anymore. They are 3rd in the East. sure the Wings could have played better and won, but I wouldn't be underestimating a team like the Panthers who have proved themselves after soo many s***ty years.

To be fair, they're only 3rd because of division seeding. They're actually 14th in the league, could wind up being lower if they don't win more games to end the season. They are smack dab in the middle of mediocrity. While I disagree with the constant negativity, it shouldn't have taken a shootout to beat them.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#334 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

To be fair, they're only 3rd because of division seeding. They're actually 14th in the league, could wind up being lower if they don't win more games to end the season. They are smack dab in the middle of mediocrity. While I disagree with the constant negativity, it shouldn't have taken a shootout to beat them.

Careful, you can't say that. Too negative. You're right, but you can't say that.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#335 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I thought they played well... Except for maybe Kindl and Quincey

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#336 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

edit bah

Edited by Dabura, 01 April 2012 - 07:36 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#337 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

They're looking better. That's all I can ask at this point in the season. Good D and goaltending, The scoring will improve.

I don't know how you can say they are looking better from that game. They played hard for about four minutes of the game, got a lucky bounce to tie it, then settled back and held on for a convincing shootout win.

That won't do you any good in the playoffs.

We beat a division leader. Go Wings!!!!

Yet, if I suggest we fall to six to take on the same type of team... it is a bad idea and there are a bunch of naysayers.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#338 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Anyone have highlights/video of shootout?
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#339 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Just got back from the game. You never realize how appreciative the fans are for Datsyuk when they celebrate his puck flip behind the net like he scored a regular goal.

#340 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't know how you can say they are looking better from that game. They played hard for about four minutes of the game, got a lucky bounce to tie it, then settled back and held on for a convincing shootout win.

That won't do you any good in the playoffs.

They only gave up one goal and they won. That's better than the last two games. :)