Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

4/1 GDT : Panthers 1 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#341 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,001 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Nice win. Not the prettiest display of hockey, but they got two points and did some things much better in the process. Nyquist looked awesome with Datsyuk -- they need to stay together and into the playoffs. Franzen still did nothing, but at least Pavel had Nyquist out there to help create scoring chances. Z's line was terrific as usual.

Best part of the game was only one goal against and seeing Jimmy look strong again. Ericsson was very good. I know he gets dumped on here, but he's very valuable on the PK and Babcock even singled him out for it. It's not a coincidence the PK is perfect since E returned. I think he has definitely outplayed both Quincey and Kindl. E always gets criticized, but Quincey takes so many bad penalties and hasn't had the impact that I expected so far. I would rather see Ericsson/Smith as the third pairing right now. Quincey needs to break his bad penalty knack. I like he's aggressive and wants to be physical, but do it wisely at least.

Back to controlling their own destiny for home ice advantage. Huge test on Wednesday. We'll see if the Red Wings can fare a little better this time against a tough division rival with a lot at stake.

Edited by GoWings1905, 01 April 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#342 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Where is the "Hudler sucks " guy now? He is the only guy that has scored in the last 2 games? I agree with Mich Steve.....both Huds and E played very well...Florid played very well and are certainly not the Panthers of old.
So happy to get a W......confidence and a money off our back.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#343 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't know how you can say they are looking better from that game. They played hard for about four minutes of the game, got a lucky bounce to tie it, then settled back and held on for a convincing shootout win.

That won't do you any good in the playoffs.

Yet, if I suggest we fall to six to take on the same type of team... it is a bad idea and there are a bunch of naysayers.

Our defense looked great and we generated loads of offensive chances. On a different day we convert those chances and win 5-1 instead of 2-1 (SO).
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#344 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Where is the "Hudler sucks " guy now? He is the only guy that has scored in the last 2 games? I agree with Mich Steve.....both Huds and E played very well...Florid played very well and are certainly not the Panthers of old.

Hate to say I told you so (not you, just an expression), but I was one of those people who said keep Hudler and take advantage of him playing for a contract next year. Hudler's played well all year. He's got more goals than Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Filppula, and is only 1 behind Franzen for team lead.

Nice going Jiri :thumbup:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#345 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

It's a win. It's all that matters right now.

#346 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

I'm happy with the 2 points. The thing that jumps out at me is #93. I hope he saving it up for the playoffs. Right now he looks like dog s@it

#347 hudler sucks

hudler sucks

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hudler still sucks.

#348 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

If Babcock didn't play Hudler on the point, he would garner more fan appreciation. He was god awful last year and this year he has been an asset instead of a liability. I don't know if I would want him back next year, but for the right price I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#349 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Huge 2 points. Thought the Wings played pretty well yesterday
IPB Image

#350 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,001 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

If Babcock didn't play Hudler on the point, he would garner more fan appreciation. He was god awful last year and this year he has been an asset instead of a liability. I don't know if I would want him back next year, but for the right price I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Agreed. Luckily Babcock has gotten away from Hudler on the point recently. There's no need to have him back there with Lidstrom, White, Kronwall and Quincey/Kindl all fully capable and available. Hudler is too good of a passer anyways and can use that ability much more situated along the half-boards.

#351 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Got back home to Tennessee today. What an amazing trip!!!!!
I'm still hoarse from all the screaming I did during this game.

#352 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

This one made me giggle.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#353 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Such a sick move from Dats. Would have been 10x better if it had bounced off of Clemmenson's head and into the net.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#354 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,402 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Home again, too, from Motown. Very long trip in a very small plane but so worth it. So amazing to meet all of you guys at the Joe -- you know who you are and I love you all. I will be back, so this is fair warning. :hehe:

That puck over the net move was incredibly sick.... we all sat up and said, "did he really just DO that?" :lol: It would only have been better if the puck had gone in the net.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever