• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I hope and I really believe Parise will be a Wing next year... Parise on Datsyuk's wing :yowza:

#22 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

This is all hearsay but I do believe the Wings will be a player.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#23 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Parise - Datsyuk - NyQuill
Filppula - Hank - Franzen
Bert - Helm - Tatar
....drool

#24 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Havig Parise on this team would be AWESOME!!!! His ability and skill with putting the puck in the net would be a huge help to this team, not that this team doesn't have some big guns but having one more wouldn't hurt. Hopefully the Wings can get him for next season and the Wings can really have a great shot at winning another Cup!!

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Must be a serious thought if the Parise talk is still around. Isn't Parise a center? What do you think the lines will look like if he signs (top 6 wise).

Linky

Parise - Dats - Franzen
Nyquist - Z - Flip
Tatar - Helm - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Abdelkader - Miller
Cleary's broken legs as numero 13

One can only hope...

Bert - Helm - Tatar
....drool

:hehe:
i didn't get to the 2nd page before i hit the reply button, but it seems we have the same idea for the most part on the top 3 lines. I was actually going to put what you had at first. and the 3rd line we came up with seems pretty deadly. Tatar should definitely replace Hudler. Huds had a good year, but loses a lot of puck races and generally can't keep up.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

From everything I've seen & heard, most people are saying it's a weak FA class once you get past Suter & Parise. That's why I'm thinking the Wings get neither. You'll have a bunch of other teams willing to overpay them & kill their team's salary cap management in the process and that's not something Kenny's been willing to do in the past. Personally, I think Suter ends up back in Nashville after the team has a good playoff run this year & Parise ends up signing for big money somewhere not named Detroit.

I agree, Minnesota or Dallas for Parise, or maybe Toronto makes a run at him.

#27 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'd much rather have Suter over Parise.

Agreed. I think Suter should be prioritized over Parise.

#28 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Bert - Helm - Tatar
....drool

Yeah, I like those lines too, but I think with Lidstrom possibly retiring, we really need to focus on our defensemen. Unless we plan on overpaying (or the salary cap is gone) we're not getting Suter. Probably have to trade for one.

#29 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I don't mean to be a downer, and I sincerely hope that Holland pushes hard to land Parise or Suter(even if it means paying a bit more than he would like *gasp*), but if you look at the free agent pool this summer, there is Parise, Suter, and a bunch of moths flying around. Most of the other big names aren't expected to sign with a different NHL team. That gives you 20 to 30 teams looking to grab a list of talent you can count on one hand. Holland prefers not to be aggressive in these scenarios. Consequently I don't have high expectations of landing Parise or any big name this summer.

#30 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($6.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Ryan Suter ($6.200m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,615,379; BONUSES: $247,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $384,621
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't mean to be a downer, and I sincerely hope that Holland pushes hard to land Parise or Suter(even if it means paying a bit more than he would like *gasp*), but if you look at the free agent pool this summer, there is Parise, Suter, and a bunch of moths flying around. Most of the other big names aren't expected to sign with a different NHL team. That gives you 20 to 30 teams looking to grab a list of talent you can count on one hand. Holland prefers not to be aggressive in these scenarios. Consequently I don't have high expectations of landing Parise or any big name this summer.

it all depends on if Lids hangs em' up and how much Parise and Suter want. Holland refuses to overpay players to build contenders (aside from overpaying Ericsson) and another main thing with Holland is he won't go out and blow the bank on unproven players. Parise and Suter are very proven, so there's no risk and a high reward to getting both on the roster. our top 6 becomes sick as all hell with Parise in place of Hudler and Nyquist in the top 6 with a summer of weights and condition with the big club under his belt. Seems like a winning line-up to me.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#32 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

I've been thinking the thing this team needs is a consistent 35-40 goal scorer. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are great all around players, but are more play makers.

I would think Hudler and Stuart won't be back, and I wonder if somehow Franzen, despite his long term contract, gets traded? With out Hudler, Stuart, and Franzen on the team, and possibly Lidstrom and Holmstrom, we'll have plenty of cap room for Parise and a stud defense man.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#33 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($6.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Ryan Suter ($6.200m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,615,379; BONUSES: $247,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $384,621

I don't see either one signing for under a $7m/year cap hit if they hit the open market. I could see Suter taking a discount if he stays in Nashville but not anywhere else.

#34 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

This is all hearsay but I do believe the Wings will be a player.

You are right, the Wings will be a player. Holland will have the cash, but the bigger question is, will Suter or Parise take lower than market money to play for a contender? Some players are willing, and others are not. Hell, if I was a Parise, and I had the choice of making $36 million over 6 years for New Jersey or making $30 million over 6 years for the Wings, I would go with the Wings. For the Wings I am going to have six chances to win the Cup, whereas for New Jersey, I may make the playoffs six years in a row but thats about it.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#35 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

I don't see either one signing for under a $7m/year cap hit if they hit the open market. I could see Suter taking a discount if he stays in Nashville but not anywhere else.

Yeah well all we have to do is showcase him getting undressed by pasha and he may consider differently. Suter is worried about getting to a cup contending team, with the addition of Radulov i think his decision weighs heavily on what Radulov does after this season. If he were to stay in the NHL and Nashville goes deep, we will most likely see Suter sign with Nashville. If he goes to the KHL and Nashville does a faceflop, he will most likely go to the free market and see who wants him and at what prices. It seems like Suter isn't in it for the money, but rather the big prize. I also don't understand his strive to leave Nashville either, especially because they shown this year how dedicated they are to making a cup contending team to have their players resign. The organization showed their dedication, now they want Suter to follow suite. In all honesty, I don't see Suter coming here but I could see Kenny Holland getting his legitimate scoring winger he desperately wants and needs.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#36 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

You are right, the Wings will be a player. Holland will have the cash, but the bigger question is, will Suter or Parise take lower than market money to play for a contender? Some players are willing, and others are not. Hell, if I was a Parise, and I had the choice of making $36 million over 6 years for New Jersey or making $30 million over 6 years for the Wings, I would go with the Wings. For the Wings I am going to have six chances to win the Cup, whereas for New Jersey, I may make the playoffs six years in a row but thats about it.

Hell, Suter has as good a chance in the next few years to win a cup by staying in Nashville as he does coming to Detroit. Sad fact.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#37 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hell, Suter has as good a chance in the next few years to win a cup by staying in Nashville as he does coming to Detroit. Sad fact.

All depends on their core group of players. Radulov has already left for a few years. Weber may be on his way out too and may be looking for a big payday when he does. Seems that most of the Wings players don't leave for greener pastures because they already know they are taking that pay cut to play for a winner. The last high profile player that left was Hossa, and he signed a 12 year deal in Chicago for money that we couldn't afford to pay him.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#38 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

All depends on their core group of players. Radulov has already left for a few years. Weber may be on his way out too and may be looking for a big payday when he does. Seems that most of the Wings players don't leave for greener pastures because they already know they are taking that pay cut to play for a winner. The last high profile player that left was Hossa, and he signed a 12 year deal in Chicago for money that we couldn't afford to pay him.

I wouldn't even consider Hossa as "leaving Detroit" being that we all knew he was only going to be here for 1 year anyway.

And yeah, Radulov is definitely a big question mark for them, as we all know he has absolutely zero loyalty and is only in it for the money. Not only that, but he has even made comments to the effect of he doesn't think he has to go back to the KHL next year, even though he is contractually obligated to. So not only does he not care about any team, only how much they pay him, he apparantly thinks contracts are just pieces of paper, nothing more, and they don't have to be honored if he has a change of mind and no longer likes the terms of the contract. I wouldn't bank anything for certain on someone like that.

#39 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

I've been thinking the thing this team needs is a consistent 35-40 goal scorer. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are great all around players, but are more play makers.

I would think Hudler and Stuart won't be back, and I wonder if somehow Franzen, despite his long term contract, gets traded? With out Hudler, Stuart, and Franzen on the team, and possibly Lidstrom and Holmstrom, we'll have plenty of cap room for Parise and a stud defense man.

I just have this horrible feeling that Hudler gets re-signed here.... I really hope I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling that Holland takes him back

#40 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

a lot of people are missing the fact that our 4th line is very weak...