Love it.

Posted Image

#22 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Don't forget, Jagr was heavily rumored to be signing with Pittsburgh last summer. (And Detroit.) He used those offers/rumors to get himself his deal with Philly. So they're understandably upset. More acceptable than Wings fans booing Hossa, IMO...

His resume got him his deal in Philly. The man is a legend who helped his team to 2 Cups and put that franchise on the map and booing him is absurd.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Video if you haven't seen it

#24 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Bulls*** move by Disco Dan to play his 4th line and try running his players.

I agree, that was a ***** move :thumbdown:

#25 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Good stuff! haha And the great thing is it seems very likely these teams will meet in the 1st round of the playoffs! Should be an intense series!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#26 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Well, of course the cross check on Crosby is going to start some s***. Especially since it looked so random.

God I hope these two teams kill each other in the first round.

How funny would it be if Jagr dominated that hypothetical series?

#27 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

I just loved the look on Crosby's face after Scheen Cross Checked him. He was like "What The Hell Just Happened." LOL Classic!!

#28 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

And thats why he's a such a little *****. If he was a Lady Byng candidate type player, he has every right to look like he's about to burst into tears. But he's not. He's a little ***** who does exactly the same kind of crap himself then calls it "a hockey play"
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#29 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Well, of course the cross check on Crosby is going to start some s***. Especially since it looked so random.

Yeah, I don't know how that goes unpunished. I seem to remember back in the early days of instant replay that if a goal wasn't called but was going to be reviewed after the next whistle, and a penalty was called in the ensuing play, that if the goal was allowed, everything after that was wiped out EXCEPT for penalties. So now, let's say the Wings put one in and the refs don't see/call it, but the play will be reviewed. Then, during the action, an opponent decides to two-hand Datsyuk in the face, knocking out a bunch of teeth and taking him out of the game. The refs go to call a penalty, but because the play is reviewed and the goal counts, now there's NO penalty for maiming Datsyuk? That's not right. It shouldn't be treated any differently than something that happens after a whistle. I know it would be rare, and my example is pretty extreme, but the league is potentially opening a disastrous can of worms here.

#30 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

God I hope these two teams kill each other in the first round.

How funny would it be if Jagr dominated that hypothetical series?

Probably payback for his stick-breaking slashes that kept occurring - unpenalized, to boot - throughout the entire game. Seriously looked like he was going to cry when he was getting up, was hilarious.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#31 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

And thats why he's a such a little *****. If he was a Lady Byng candidate type player, he has every right to look like he's about to burst into tears. But he's not. He's a little ***** who does exactly the same kind of crap himself then calls it "a hockey play"

Because a cross check to the lower back doesn't hurt at all right? Crosby and his "feeling of pain", what a ****** right?

Anyways, that was a fun game to watch, I really hope they meet up in the playoffs.

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Because a cross check to the lower back doesn't hurt at all right? Crosby and his "feeling of pain", what a ****** right?

Anyways, that was a fun game to watch, I really hope they meet up in the playoffs.

It was barely a crosscheck. more of a shove. I don't fault Crosby for falling down as he probably wasn't expecting it. Though it's telling that his first reaction is to look at the ref with a shocked look on his face instead of turning to look at the guy who shoved him.

#33 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

"Go, Pierre! Sic 'em, boy! Kill! Kill!"

Anyway, this makes me almost sorta kinda maybe like the Flyers, and Hartnell, a little more.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

It was barely a crosscheck. more of a shove.

Yes, but we're talking about Sidney Crosby. So much as sneeze on the little prick and it's the guillotine for you.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Love it.

Agree. I love how the Flyers of all f***in teams are pissed off! If they do meet in the playoffs Sid better keep his head up! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#36 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

You know... I think I like the Flyers' chances for a Stanley Cup run:

#37 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

^Kick his ass babs! lol
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#38 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

I really do hope the Eastern Conference standings don't change so we can all watch this carnage take place once again in a few weeks.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#39 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Yes, he is a ******. And a little *****, and an entitlement *****. If he feels that way about players using their sticks away from the play, maybe he should stop with the hacks and the slashes and the cross-checks that he is so fond of?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#40 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I just loved the look on Crosby's face after Scheen Cross Checked him. He was like "What The Hell Just Happened." LOL Classic!!

I read it as more of a "Bu...bu...but Uncle Gary said nobody could hit me because of my head booboo's" kinda look.