• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Pens vs Flyers

Rate this topic

TSN.ca - Fraser: All about Schenn's hit on Sidney Crosby

The appropriate protocol was followed by the referee(s) on the ice. Brayden Shenn was placed in the penalty box as the play was being reviewed to determine the legitimacy of a potentially undetected goal. When the goal scored by Sullivan was confirmed, the penalty to Schenn was nullified since it had occurred prior to the stoppage of play for icing.

The rule is very specific stating that any infraction worthy of a minor penalty which is committed after play is stopped following the scoring of a goal is to be assessed in the normal manner. This is designed to deter players from taking liberties once they have been scored upon. Of course if the infraction is deemed worthy of a major or match penalty it would be assessed regardless of whether it had occurred prior to or after play was stopped. Additionally misconduct penalties are to be assessed and served.

Wow! I can't believe Milbury said that. Good for him. Although, I think he likes to say things to get attention, so whether or not he actually believes that is a good question.

For all the people whining about the crosscheck on Crosby (not so much here, but on comments of articles and other message boards), that hit from Schenn was nothing. It was essentially a tap and Crosby flops to the ground like he was hit by a sniper. How many times have we seen him with the puck and defensemen are slamming into him, crosschecking him, basically using their whole body to try and knock him off the puck and Crosby stays on his feet. He gets tapped from behind without a puck and down he goes? Not buying it.

Wow! I can't believe Milbury said that. Good for him. Although, I think he likes to say things to get attention, so whether or not he actually believes that is a good question.

For all the people whining about the crosscheck on Crosby (not so much here, but on comments of articles and other message boards), that hit from Schenn was nothing. It was essentially a tap and Crosby flops to the ground like he was hit by a sniper. How many times have we seen him with the puck and defensemen are slamming into him, crosschecking him, basically using their whole body to try and knock him off the puck and Crosby stays on his feet. He gets tapped from behind without a puck and down he goes? Not buying it.

Yeah, one thing you hear about Crosby is "strong on the puck". Anyone can slip or catch a rut or just lose their balance, but their body language afterwards is a pretty good indication as to whether or not they just fell/slipped or if they were diving.

Sid looked like he was pushing for a penalty.

(Happy b-day, BTW)

Yeah, one thing you hear about Crosby is "strong on the puck". Anyone can slip or catch a rut or just lose their balance, but their body language afterwards is a pretty good indication as to whether or not they just fell/slipped or if they were diving.

(Happy b-day, BTW)

Thanks! :D

Can you imagine if that was at the Joe with that little tiny area that Murph has to squeeze into?

I'm surprised they didn't use Pierre as a stepping stone and jump across to the other side. I'm sure from their angle, he did look like a rock in a stream.

That's just good old rivalry hockey. Rivalries build character. The Red Wings used to have rivalries... no, seriously, I'm not kidding, they did. It was a LOOONNNGGG time ago, kiddies, way back in the 1990's! Now they have a team that goes out of its way not to ruffle any feathers...

Is anyone else just a little bit sad that Pronger will be out for this series? As happy as I was when he got injured, I know realise how much I would actually enjoy watching him repeatedly cross-checking Crosby throughout a series.

Is anyone else just a little bit sad that Pronger will be out for this series? As happy as I was when he got injured, I know realise how much I would actually enjoy watching him repeatedly cross-checking Crosby throughout a series.

Don't think Gary would allow that to happen to his little goody two shoes and that Penn State-like operation those two have going on. :hehe:

But actually they could definitely use a guy like him in the playoffs. I think the Z-Fil combination would be that much more potent if they had a guy in the mold of Hartnell.

Wow, Fish popped him a few good ones!

I also wanted the Wings to get Claude Lemieux after the Devils swept 'em in the Finals. I guess it kind of worked out fine anyway, except for Drapes. Then again, if we had The Turtle we never would have seen quite possibly the greatest Red Wings game of all time.

More talk back and forth between the Pens and Flyers, this time from Flyers' assistant coach. Basically said what Milbury said and then backed out of: Crosby (and Malkin) is a cheap shot artist who gets away with more slashes, cross-checks, and sucker-punches than anyone in the league. Here's hoping he doesn't get fined or forced to apologize in this fascist state that the NHL is becoming.

LINK: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip651491#clip651491

Ok, I'll say it... the hit that started this whole thing was a clean open-ice hit. Again, why should you have to defend yourself after dishing out a clean hit? Sure, the game was in the books pretty much, but I'd take a player that plays 110% until the final buzzer any day.

Oh, & Crosby is a little ***** (I just want to fit in here, so I figured I better mention that! LOL!).

I cant wait for this series to start, Im almost as excited for this one as the Wings round 1

Oh, & Crosby is a little ***** (I just want to fit in here, so I figured I better mention that! LOL!).

Thats why you gotta just put it in your sig, that way every post you write has it. Im going on 3 years strong.

Ok, I'll say it... the hit that started this whole thing was a clean open-ice hit. Again, why should you have to defend yourself after dishing out a clean hit? Sure, the game was in the books pretty much, but I'd take a player that plays 110% until the final buzzer any day.

I agree, it was a completely clean hit, and it was ridiculous that the brawl started over a clean hockey hit. The game was already over, and I think Laviolette was pissed because Bylsma threw his 4th line out there. You never see him act out like that.

It's a really good question/observation. Tough to knock off the puck but I guess the puck gives him superpowers.