• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dats13owns

Samuelsson

Rate this topic

Looking at today's game against the Panthers, I just thought that I would bring up our old friend Mikael Samuelsson. While he wasn't popular around these parts and not much to look at, I can't help but appreciate what he brought to the Wings. He was a solid third line player who had a nack for scoring big goals and showing up in big games. I never disliked him and never understood everyone's hatred for him.

I would totally take him over Cleary, Homer and hell, the whole fourth line at this point.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=37626

It's almost a guarantee he'll score against us.

Sure is, most likely on a weak wrister from the left wing half-boards that narrowly misses half a dozen shin-guards

The Shinguard Assasin. I used to ride him all the time. But when he was at his most dreadful, and I was bagging on him mercilessly, that's when he was always come up HUGE. He did it in OT versus Chicago in the playoffs. He did it Game 1 2008 Finals versus the Pens. He was clutch, but he was Lang clutch.

"Why the f*** is this bum on the team?...... ZOMG!!! THAT'S WHY!"

I gotta think we could easily have an enforcer or at least someone tough that could still contribute more in other aspects of the game than ******* emmerton and mursak. That being said we could also insert a traffic cone, a monkey, or a Jason williams over them....

if there was ever a Wings player who had worse shot accuracy than me, it's Sammy. he could hit everything around the goal, but never the goal itself... brutal, simply brutal ;)

The 2007-09 Wings who went top four three years in a row were quite a deep team. Just think of the third line of Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson that could be a great second line now. And players like Zetterberg, Franzén and Hudler had bargain contracts so Holland was able to afford the likes of Hossa and Rafalski.

The 2007-09 Wings who went top four three years in a row were quite a deep team. Just think of the third line of Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson that could be a great second line now. And players like Zetterberg, Franzén and Hudler had bargain contracts so Holland was able to afford the likes of Hossa and Rafalski.

If they allow Nyquist on the team next year (I mean how could they not?) then he'll be a bargain for sure.

Sending Goose to GR for next year will be so much more ridiculous than when they sent Helm to GR at the start of the 08-09 season and that was pretty Goddamn ridiculous.