• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

The 2007-09 Wings who went top four three years in a row were quite a deep team. Just think of the third line of Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson that could be a great second line now. And players like Zetterberg, Franzén and Hudler had bargain contracts so Holland was able to afford the likes of Hossa and Rafalski.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#22 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

The 2007-09 Wings who went top four three years in a row were quite a deep team. Just think of the third line of Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson that could be a great second line now. And players like Zetterberg, Franzén and Hudler had bargain contracts so Holland was able to afford the likes of Hossa and Rafalski.

If they allow Nyquist on the team next year (I mean how could they not?) then he'll be a bargain for sure.

Sending Goose to GR for next year will be so much more ridiculous than when they sent Helm to GR at the start of the 08-09 season and that was pretty Goddamn ridiculous.

#23 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Sammy looked mediocre on a stellar 2007-09 Wings team,but these days I'd take him over Hudler,Quincey,Stuart on PP point without any doubt :cool:

#24 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

One thing to be said about Sammy was he was never afraid to shoot the puck, that's for sure.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#25 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UM4eGdYL-4

Goosebumps! I remember this like it was yesterday.

Ahhhh 9 more days till the playoffs!!!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#26 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I never seen a person blow more shots into a defenseman's shins than Sammy.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#27 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

How dared he not be perfect when he got paid as much as Patrick Eaves does now.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |