• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Quincey suspended 1 game

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=625381

Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety Monday afternoon following his elbowing major on Florida's Tomas Kopecky in Sunday's game.

The play in question occurred at 5:38 of the third period of Detroit's 2-1 shootout win over the Panthers. Quincey receieved a five-minute elbowing major and a game misconduct on the play.

ya stupid play on his part. at least we got someone who will get suspended so the rest of the league will recognize that the wings arent untouchable in shannys eyes.

Which is ironic, since Quincey will likely get less than the 8 games that Brendan Smith got at the beginning of the year (although, only 5 were in the regular season).

Kopecky return and finished the game so I dont think itll be too severe - I think that hit was more of a reflex/counter hit than anything. Cleary Kopecky wasnt pressuring Quincey thinking hit, but it looks like Quincey saw him out of his periphery and thought a hit was coming right after he dished the puck off. Poor judgement call - but not malicious IMO.

We might not hear any more about this today. The Wings don't play again until Wednesday, so the league might not be in any rush to hold the hearing. Since we're only hearing about it today, it wouldn't surprise me if the hearing isn't until tomorrow.

Nonsense. Kopecky regularly falls without being hit.

:P

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Carry on.

that is what i mean, he seems to go down as quincey is going up, the hit didn't look too malicious, of course kopecky had to pretend like he was dying or somehow after the hit.

Kopecky return and finished the game so I dont think itll be too severe - I think that hit was more of a reflex/counter hit than anything. Cleary Kopecky wasnt pressuring Quincey thinking hit, but it looks like Quincey saw him out of his periphery and thought a hit was coming right after he dished the puck off. Poor judgement call - but not malicious IMO.

That's more how I see it.

A charge for sure, and that should get him at least a game. But he got a 5 minute major (which I don't think was warranted) and an ejection. Kopecky maybe missed a shift or two.

Stupid play by Q, but I wouldn't say malicious. The reason it was an elbow was because Quincey left his feet and Kopecky did what he usually does, skates with his head down unaware of an impending hit.

ya stupid play on his part. at least we got someone who will get suspended so the rest of the league will recognize that the wings arent untouchable in shannys eyes.

Smith got 5 games in the pre-season for a hit that shouldn't have warrented a suspension. Wings are far from untouchable unless you ask fans of certain teams...

That's more how I see it.

A charge for sure, and that should get him at least a game. But he got a 5 minute major (which I don't think was warranted) and an ejection. Kopecky maybe missed a shift or two.

Stupid play by Q, but I wouldn't say malicious. The reason it was an elbow was because Quincey left his feet and Kopecky did what he usually does, skates with his head down unaware of an impending hit.

how is a charge a game? that is a 2 minute penalty ffs

how is a charge a game? that is a 2 minute penalty ffs

I'm not saying I agree, just making a prediction based on what's happened this season.

He left his feet and made contact with the head. I think the head contact was partly kopecky's fault and elbowing was the wrong call. But he did leave his feet and contact the head. Seems like that's going to get him something.

It was a stupid play by Quincey, but he may have been upset still at the interference penalty he took earlier because of Kopecky. Quincey made what looked like a good play and Kopecky fell down (naturally) either as embellishment or just because he's a crappy skater. I couldn't really tell which.