#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,856 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Shanny won't suspend one of our boys.

;)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

2 games me thinks

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

ya stupid play on his part. at least we got someone who will get suspended so the rest of the league will recognize that the wings arent untouchable in shannys eyes.

Smith got 5 games in the pre-season for a hit that shouldn't have warrented a suspension. Wings are far from untouchable unless you ask fans of certain teams...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

That's more how I see it.

A charge for sure, and that should get him at least a game. But he got a 5 minute major (which I don't think was warranted) and an ejection. Kopecky maybe missed a shift or two.

Stupid play by Q, but I wouldn't say malicious. The reason it was an elbow was because Quincey left his feet and Kopecky did what he usually does, skates with his head down unaware of an impending hit.

how is a charge a game? that is a 2 minute penalty ffs
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

how is a charge a game? that is a 2 minute penalty ffs

I'm not saying I agree, just making a prediction based on what's happened this season.

He left his feet and made contact with the head. I think the head contact was partly kopecky's fault and elbowing was the wrong call. But he did leave his feet and contact the head. Seems like that's going to get him something.

It was a stupid play by Quincey, but he may have been upset still at the interference penalty he took earlier because of Kopecky. Quincey made what looked like a good play and Kopecky fell down (naturally) either as embellishment or just because he's a crappy skater. I couldn't really tell which.

#26 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Who cares if he suspends him? He was going to have at least one more game as a healthy scratch. I am quite mad we wasted a first on him to be honest. It still feels like it means Kindl was a wasted first and there were free agent alternatives this off season including a hot prospect and the best dman in the league after Nick...
  • Ram likes this
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,834 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Poor Pecker.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Looks like Quincey thought Kopecky was going to finish his check and tried to beat him to the punch. It looks bad because he did leave his feet slightly and since Kopecky wussed out of the hit, his head was lower as he was leaning back away from Quincey making it easy for the elbow to get him.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#29 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'd say a game or two since he was given a major and ejected.

#30 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

It's hard to say that Quincey has played a good game as a Red Wing so far.

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Smith got 5 games in the pre-season for a hit that shouldn't have warrented a suspension. Wings are far from untouchable unless you ask fans of certain teams...

Smith's hit was 100% spot-on with the hits they are trying to eliminate from the game, it absolutely warranted a suspension.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#32 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Suspend him. Basically asking for it.

Anyone else notice our s*** streak didnt start until he rejoined?

I was all excited about him coming back. Now after watching him I dont know what all of the hype was about. He looks like the same player we put on waivers. I am hoping that the streak and his return are unrelated, and that I am being a typical overanalytical wings fan.
Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#33 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

I was all excited about him coming back. Now after watching him I dont know what all of the hype was about. He looks like the same player we put on waivers. I am hoping that the streak and his return are unrelated, and that I am being a typical overanalytical wings fan.

He definitely isn't the reason for our recent struggles. But, he hasn't looked very good at all though. I'm guessing he gets 2 games.

Here's a question...I hate the guy, but would any of you rather have traded the first for Steve Downie directly? I'd still take Quincey, but not by much.

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,856 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

He definitely isn't the reason for our recent struggles. But, he hasn't looked very good at all though. I'm guessing he gets 2 games.

Here's a question...I hate the guy, but would any of you rather have traded the first for Steve Downie directly? I'd still take Quincey, but not by much.

I wouldn't have traded the first for either of those players. Since we're going to likely finish 4-6, our first round pick would have been higher than where it would have been at the deadline.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

I wouldn't have traded the first for either of those players. Since we're going to likely finish 4-6, our first round pick would have been higher than where it would have been at the deadline.

They would have just traded it at the draft anyways...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#36 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

I wouldn't have traded a first for either of those players either. I just prefer Quincey a little over Downie because I think depth on D is more important. But, we could really use a gritty forward though.

The draft order is now determined by how you do in the playoffs. So if we lose in the first round, TB probably gets our pick somewhere in the early 20s (maybe even the late teens if a lot of lower seeds advance in the playoffs). We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

#37 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

I feel bad for Smith. Guys have done far worse or equal this season and have gotten off lightly. You'd think with the soft Shanabans following the Smith hit, Quincey would get off with a scolding.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#38 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Only one game per Helene St. James. Cue the people saying the leage favors the Wings.

#39 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Only one game per Helene St. James. Cue the people saying the leage favors the Wings.

For what? Like I said this as a 2 minute penalty, the 5 min major as more than enough.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#40 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Quincey could be suspended for 30 games and I don't think any of us would actually notice or care.