• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Panzergrenadier

Questions about Red Wings history

Rate this topic

Hi,

I'am a big fan of Detroit Red Wings from Poland in Europe. I'am making a competition in my school about Red Wings and I need a answers to these questions.

1.In the match with which team the Red Wings scored the most goals in history. What was the score?

2. What was the player every day playing on the right wing , who in one of the matches had to replaced the injured goaltender?

3. What is the name of longtime spaker in Red Wings?( working in the Olympia Stadium and Joe Louis Arena)?

Thanks for all the answers and sorry for my englishrolleyes.gif

1) Sunday, January 23, 1944, a home game v. New York Rangers: 15-0. Shots on goal were in favour of Detroit 58-9. Every Detroit player recorded at least one point, except for one.

2) Possibly Charlie "The Big Bomber" Conacher. According to Total Hockey, he replaced the injured "Tiny" Thompson on Tuesday, February 21, 1939. It was the last of three appearances in goal in his career (the first one replacing a penalized goalie, the other two replacing injured goalies), without allowing a goal in any of the games.

Good luck with your presentation.

Thanks a lot guys. You were very helpful :)

And the last question:

Which Red Wings player scored the most points in a season and how much?

Yzerman in '89 -

65g 90a 155pts

Most by anyone not named Gretzky or Lemieux, though Gordie Howe Would be up there if we account for era differences. Dionne and Fedorov topped out at 121 and 120 pts as Red Wings.

One of my favorite Red Wings trivia question:

Who broke Gordie Howe's franchise record for most points in the playoffs?

Yzerman in '89 -

65g 90a 155pts

Most by anyone not named Gretzky or Lemieux, though Gordie Howe Would be up there if we account for era differences. Dionne and Fedorov topped out at 121 and 120 pts as Red Wings.

One of my favorite Red Wings trivia question:

Who broke Gordie Howe's franchise record for most points in the playoffs?

Either Fedorov or Yzerman.

You will have to be more clear with your question. If its all time playoff points. Yzerman (181) and Fedrov (163) are the only 2 players with more points then Howe (158).

Franchise record for points in a single post-season.... Howe held it for decades until...?

Bingo! Probert broke Howe's 33 year-old record in 1988 with 21 pts. Fedorov got it in 1995, and Zetterberg holds it now.

I was a huge Probert fan back in the day, and wore his jersey around Penn State quite often during my undergrad days in the early 1990's. :). Until FedEx delivered his own record breaking performance it was a great trivia question. The way you phrased it brings it back perfectly.

Franchise record for points in a single post-season.... Howe held it for decades until...?

Oh, I thought you meant all time playoff points, period. Not just for one postseason.

Although I wouldn't have guessed Probert on that either.

I like the idea of having a trivia thread...

6 players in Wings history have had 50 goal seasons, name them (Yzerman did it 5 times, and only one other player has 2).

Without looking it up, I'm going to guess that Ray Sheppard, Mickey Redmond, Shanahan and Fedorov are on the list. Can't think of the last name.

Most points without winning a Cup? I'm going to guess Ullman.

Without looking it up, I'm going to guess that Ray Sheppard, Mickey Redmond, Shanahan and Fedorov are on the list. Can't think of the last name.

Most points without winning a Cup? I'm going to guess Ullman.

Nice one with Norm Ullman - probably the most under-appreciated Red Wing in history.

Shanahan never scored 50 as a Wing, right with Sheppard, Redmond and Fedorov -- 2 more.

Edited by egroen

Who holds the longest streak of games played as a Red Wing (without missing a game)?

It should be Aaron Downey if I was running things, but I don't know.

Maltby? I remember he had a great consecutive streak going once. Nevermind, I just looked it up. I was way off.

Edited by GMRwings1983