• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingfan19

Milbury slams Blysma and Crosby

Rate this topic

On Blysma:

"I can remember being in such a perch or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. I thought that was good," Millbury said on Sports Radio 94WIP. "I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and been over there himself."

On Crosby:

"Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop," said Milbury on Sports Radio 94WIP. "He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into those scrums, I'm going to stay away from that stuff' but he couldn't help himself because there is a little punk in Crosby. He's not the perfect gentleman, he's not that little sweet kid you see in all those interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I say screw him, hit him."

I always though Milbury was kind of a jackass but I think I agree with him here.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392081

Oops! Didn't realize this was posted in the Flyers, Pens GDT, Mods feel free to merge/delete thread :cool:

Edited by redwingfan19

Mike Milbury is a masochistic *******...and I'm a dude sayin' this. Some of the sh*t he said there is F'd, all I'll say is Blysma could have at least made himself heard because there's no damn way nothing's on your mind at that point. I'd be pissed if Babs' just gave the stare. (unless the stare was directly an inch away from the opposing teams coach ;)

I agree with Milbury (shudders) in saying Crosby is fair game if he's going to keep getting into scrums and putting himself out there. Not because I hate the guy, but because it's not fair to have two sets of rules for the league superstar and everyone else. That's why die hard fans of sports end up hating superstars.

That being said, Milbury is a ****** and a creep.

I am Canadian and have been a fan and/or had high respect for every allstar/marquee Canadian player that has come around over the years regardless of how badly they have punished the Red Wings at different times throughout history. I can honestly say as early as his first World Juniors appearance I haven't been able to stomach Crosby and my dislike has grown with time. 2008 and 2009 certainly put some salt in the wounds especially because it seems every brain-dead fan up here has the Pens as their 2nd favorite team because of that little weasel. Even when he scored the Olympic goal in 2010 the first thing I said (after jumping up and celebrating) was "uggghhh, I wish it was ANYONE but him". Because he was a complete ghost 95% of that tournament and got all the credit - just like in 2009 when he was a minus player almost every game, couldnt win faceoffs, and put up no numbers in the finals but because of who he is its viewed as HIS victory. With Briere now injured I hope at some point in the coming weeks that Rinaldo or Sestito can line Crosby up and devastate him. Milbury is an idiot but hes an entertaining idiot who is a tough oldschool guy that calls it like he sees it - I agree wholeheartedly with him here.

I agree with Milbury (shudders) in saying Crosby is fair game if he's going to keep getting into scrums and putting himself out there. Not because I hate the guy, but because it's not fair to have two sets of rules for the league superstar and everyone else. That's why die hard fans of sports end up hating superstars.

That being said, Milbury is a ****** and a creep.

Agreed. Cherry was saying the same thing about Crosby. And Sid has talked like he's not going to play that kind of game, but it's exactly what he's doing again.

I've never seen the problem with Milbury; he's an old school guy that calls it like he sees it. He's genuine, doesn't try to be anything that he's not, and is not politcally correct and overly professional and polished like too many of the other guys. I like his intolerence for bulls***.

And more often than not, he's right.

Props to Milbury.

Hey, Milbury only stated to the hockey world what many of us feel, so good for him. :clap:

Bout time someone grew a pair and spoke their mind instead of reading a Bettman approved script and collect a paycheck. As a player, Crosby is great, but he's a self-entitled D bag and he's a whiny little turd.

Mike Milbury is a masochistic *******...and I'm a dude sayin' this. Some of the sh*t he said there is F'd, all I'll say is Blysma could have at least made himself heard because there's no damn way nothing's on your mind at that point. I'd be pissed if Babs' just gave the stare. (unless the stare was directly an inch away from the opposing teams coach ;)

I think you mean misogynistic.

Regardless, Milbury is a dick. And while I don't like Crosby or the Pens and I love it when people rip them; somehow Milbury doing so feels hollow since all involved parties are assholes.

Milbury is an idiot. Crosby does have some PUNK in him. However that was a cheapshot by Schenn. This series will be the most entertaning one in the first round.

Was barely a shove and Crosby went flying to the ice and instantly looked to the ref. It was also retaliatory for all the cheap s*** Gary's baby boy was getting away with during the game.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Was barely a shove and Crosby went flying to the ice and instantly looked to the ref. It was also retaliatory for all the cheap s*** Gary's baby boy was getting away with during the game.

Seeing for the second time, I can see now that it was indeed an innocent shove. Crosby is such a great actor, and it's tough for me to tell when he is faking it or not.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Granato likely felt uncomfortable in that situation because unlike when he was a player, he had no visor, enforcer or ref to hide behind.

I am Canadian and have been a fan and/or had high respect for every allstar/marquee Canadian player that has come around over the years regardless of how badly they have punished the Red Wings at different times throughout history. I can honestly say as early as his first World Juniors appearance I haven't been able to stomach Crosby and my dislike has grown with time. 2008 and 2009 certainly put some salt in the wounds especially because it seems every brain-dead fan up here has the Pens as their 2nd favorite team because of that little weasel. Even when he scored the Olympic goal in 2010 the first thing I said (after jumping up and celebrating) was "uggghhh, I wish it was ANYONE but him". Because he was a complete ghost 95% of that tournament and got all the credit - just like in 2009 when he was a minus player almost every game, couldnt win faceoffs, and put up no numbers in the finals but because of who he is its viewed as HIS victory. With Briere now injured I hope at some point in the coming weeks that Rinaldo or Sestito can line Crosby up and devastate him. Milbury is an idiot but hes an entertaining idiot who is a tough oldschool guy that calls it like he sees it - I agree wholeheartedly with him here.

I couldn't have said it better. Yeah, Milbury might be a douchebag at times, but this time he's right on the money. This double set of rules for one person and then the rest of the league is getting way too old. If you act like a spoiled kid, you should expect to get punished for it. He deserved what he got. I wish someone would line him up and knock him into next week.

Your avatar is hypnotic. I love it.