• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingfan19

Milbury slams Blysma and Crosby

Rate this topic

I can understand Detroit fans not liking him, as he is outspoken, is very good and has beaten Detroit in the finals recently...but as a Blues fan, there hasn't been anything on the ice in a Blues-Pens game to cause me to hate him.

This is a popular misconception. Joe Sakic beat the Wings in 96, 99, and 2000 and while I didn't like him, it was different. I didn't like him because he beat the Wings, but I respected him and the way he played the game. He let his skill do his talking. He didn't take cheapshots at people when things didn't go his way. The truth is, Wings fans (well at least me anyways), started to dislike Crosby after Game 4 in the 2008 Finals. That was the game of the famous 5-3 kill where Zetterberg stopped Crosby right on the doorstep and killed off the penalty. After the game was over, the Wings are skating back to the locker room and Crosby skates over and gets in Z's face. WTF? He's supposed to be a leader and face of the league and he's trash talking to a guy that just beat him because he's a sore loser. Since then I've opened my eyes and seen him do A LOT of shady things (slew footing, slashing every single time he loses a face off, elbows, sucker punches from behind, etc). Regardless of the outcome of the 2009 Finals, I would still hate his guts today.

This is a popular misconception. Joe Sakic beat the Wings in 96, 99, and 2000 and while I didn't like him, it was different. I didn't like him because he beat the Wings, but I respected him and the way he played the game. He let his skill do his talking. He didn't take cheapshots at people when things didn't go his way.

Sakic was a class act. Probably the only member of the Avs team during the rivalry that I just couldn't bring myself to hate because he was just a good guy and didn't get into all the whining and dirty s*** that other so-called team leaders engage in. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything of him after he retired. He was always a quiet, humble guy a la Yzerman. I'd have to assume he's working for the Avs in some capacity, right?

Sakic was a class act. Probably the only member of the Avs team during the rivalry that I just couldn't bring myself to hate because he was just a good guy and didn't get into all the whining and dirty s*** that other so-called team leaders engage in. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything of him after he retired. He was always a quiet, humble guy a la Yzerman. I'd have to assume he's working for the Avs in some capacity, right?

Quotes from wiki:

After he retired, Sakic decided to take time off from hockey and spent time with his family. In 2011, two years after his retirement, Sakic was hired by the Avalanche to work in their front office. He was named an Executive Advisor and Alternate Governor for the team, effective at the end of the 2010–11 season. In his role as an advisor, Sakic would advise the team in hockey-related matters, and as an alternate governor, would represent the team at Board of Governors meetings.

And an extra little snippet which says much about him.

His charity work, which is estimated to have provided more than 7 million meals to poor children and families, has earned an NHL Foundation Player Award in 2007.

To bring it back to topic: I wouldn't compare Sidney to Sakic, but I wouldn't compare him to Roy or Claude either.

He's more of a Forsberg. So much potential, but such a little wienie. <-- reference to personality, not physical characteristic. I wouldn't know about the size of that. <shudders>

Edited by 55fan

To bring it back to topic: I wouldn't compare Sidney to Sakic, but I wouldn't compare him to Roy or Claude either.

He's more of a Forsberg. So much potential, but such a little wienie.

Oh yeah, definitely. He's definitely a Forsberg. Loads of talent, but he does the cheap shot against a tough player, then when he gets hit back, falls to the ice, looks at that ref and says "That bad man hit me. I'm a skill player!" Yeah, that crap used to drive me nuts. I always thought it was funny when Forsberg played for the Flyers and he used to get into it with Crosby. It was like watching someone yell at themselves in a mirror.

Wonder if Milbury might have opened the floodgates. Torts is joining in after tonight's game where Orpik decided to try and take out Stepan with a dirty knee-on-knee hit.

Torts on the Penguins:

Torts on the Orpik hit:

Go Torts. Go Rangers. :D

100x This. Just watched the highlights and Torts post-game on TSN, and that first line of yours was my EXACT thought. Milbury called it like he saw it, and one of the few times I actually side with the guy he is forced to apologize. Love that Torts and Berube have both called out the Pens for what they are in the same week. Shows just how little those actually associated with the game appreciate the NHL's annointed "dynasty". :clap:

For those who haven't been blessed to see it yet, LINK: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392373

Wonder if Milbury might have opened the floodgates. Torts is joining in after tonight's game where Orpik decided to try and take out Stepan with a dirty knee-on-knee hit.

Torts on the Penguins:

Torts on the Orpik hit:

Go Torts. Go Rangers. :D

Good stuff. You get the feeliing he stops because he can't afford a bigger fine if he keeps going.

The 2nd time he I think he gets "blanked" out casue there is a silence as if he said "their two whiny ass stars". Or maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/1108/tortorella-postgame

Edited by T.Low