• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I am Canadian and have been a fan and/or had high respect for every allstar/marquee Canadian player that has come around over the years regardless of how badly they have punished the Red Wings at different times throughout history. I can honestly say as early as his first World Juniors appearance I haven't been able to stomach Crosby and my dislike has grown with time. 2008 and 2009 certainly put some salt in the wounds especially because it seems every brain-dead fan up here has the Pens as their 2nd favorite team because of that little weasel. Even when he scored the Olympic goal in 2010 the first thing I said (after jumping up and celebrating) was "uggghhh, I wish it was ANYONE but him". Because he was a complete ghost 95% of that tournament and got all the credit - just like in 2009 when he was a minus player almost every game, couldnt win faceoffs, and put up no numbers in the finals but because of who he is its viewed as HIS victory. With Briere now injured I hope at some point in the coming weeks that Rinaldo or Sestito can line Crosby up and devastate him. Milbury is an idiot but hes an entertaining idiot who is a tough oldschool guy that calls it like he sees it - I agree wholeheartedly with him here.

I couldn't have said it better. Yeah, Milbury might be a douchebag at times, but this time he's right on the money. This double set of rules for one person and then the rest of the league is getting way too old. If you act like a spoiled kid, you should expect to get punished for it. He deserved what he got. I wish someone would line him up and knock him into next week.
Posted Image

#22 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

It was refreshing to see someone in the media actually say it like it is when it comes to Crosby's behavior and not just ignore his antics like everyone else.

#23 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Go to 6:30.

Edited by The Production Line, 03 April 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#24 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Was barely a shove and Crosby went flying to the ice and instantly looked to the ref. It was also retaliatory for all the cheap s*** Gary's baby boy was getting away with during the game.

Your avatar is hypnotic. I love it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#25 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I don't watch intermissions during NBCSports broadcasts because I can't stand listening to him

#26 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I couldn't have said it better. Yeah, Milbury might be a douchebag at times, but this time he's right on the money. This double set of rules for one person and then the rest of the league is getting way too old. If you act like a spoiled kid, you should expect to get punished for it. He deserved what he got. I wish someone would line him up and knock him into next week.

Elaborate.

Posted Image

#27 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

And, predictably, Milbury pusses out while Uncle Gary makes him apologize to his precious baby boy and his crying fans. Ugh. There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

http://sports.yahoo....-163552336.html

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#28 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

This is how Bylsma should have responded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4IklJKV8g

I miss this... downey is a beaut.

#29 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Elaborate.

There are a few chosen players that seem to never be able to do any wrong in the league's eyes, and get treated as such. They start fights they can't finish, they dive, they ***** and moan to the media, and they give hockey a bad name. Its not just one player, though one player is the poster boy for it.

Edited by Shaman464, 03 April 2012 - 05:04 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#30 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I love the Crosby comments, hate the Bylsma comments. I hate that skirt type bull s***. Plenty of people in skirts that could kick Milbury's ass. That gender s*** is so past relevant. Grow up dinosaur.

Crosby should get hit, because he is playing hockey.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#31 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

There are a few chosen players that seem to never be able to any wrong in the league's eyes, and get treated as such. They start fights they can't finish, they dive, they ***** and moan to the media, and they give hockey a bad name. Its not just one player, though one player is the poster boy for it.

When does Crosby start fights he can't finish? No idea where you get this from.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to dive.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to ***** and moan to the media.

Posted Image

#32 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Have you ever tried to fight in a skirt? I can barely sit, stand, or breathe in one. There's a reason chicks are lady-like and restrained in a skirt. In a word: pantyhose.

Although I disagree with Mike that Bylsma should have fought. Coaches should leave that to the players and just yell stuff at each other. Suits don't have fight straps, and they probably need dry cleaning, and that's expensive.

Not sure what Milbury expected.

As for sending out the line that he did, I believe that you play to the last horn. If that's how you play when your team is behind, then you play that way whether you're behind by 1 or 11.

#33 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

What bothers me the most about Crosby... is that I don't think he would have acted like this if he wasn't paired up with Mario when he got drafted.

I imagine an alternate reality where he was drafted anywhere that had a true hockey player vet with class to take him under the Wing.

I just don't think he takes a dive if he was drafted by a team like Detroit and played under Lidstrom. The difference in personality might have been epic.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Have you ever tried to fight in a skirt? I can barely sit, stand, or breathe in one. There's a reason chicks are lady-like and restrained in a skirt. In a word: pantyhose.

I don't know what you are talking about. A skirt does not restrict breathing, nor does pantyhose. I have seen plenty of girls throw down in all sorts of garments. I find it funny, because suits are harder to fight in, as the shoulder seem makes it impossible to have full range of motion with the arms, which is far more important in a fight.

I digress, Milbury is a misogynistic dinosaur, and he should be taking heat for that and not his Crosby comments. Last I checked, he is getting paid for his opinion.

Where are all the ladies when these threads go down?!?!?

I just realized 55fan is a girl. I apologize. I still don't get why a skirt would inhibit your fighting, maybe you are wearing a size too small>?

Edited by Majsheppard, 03 April 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#36 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

There are a few chosen players that seem to never be able to any wrong in the league's eyes, and get treated as such. They start fights they can't finish, they dive, they ***** and moan to the media, and they give hockey a bad name. Its not just one player, though one player is the poster boy for it.

Thanks for the backup...you said what I would have said, but you beat me to it. Much obliged. :)
Posted Image

#37 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

And, predictably, Milbury pusses out while Uncle Gary makes him apologize to his precious baby boy and his crying fans. Ugh. There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

http://sports.yahoo....-163552336.html

Not surprising. However, Milbury apologizing or retracting his statement doesn't make it less true and I'm still glad someone finally said it.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 03 April 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#38 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

:lol: Made my day.

I legit lol'd. I look like such a weirdo laughing at a laptop screen by myself.

#39 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I agree, hit him.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#40 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

When does Crosby start fights he can't finish? No idea where you get this from.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to dive.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to ***** and moan to the media.

No, but he's the one that gets shoved down our throats and treated like he's the second coming.
Posted Image