• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to dive.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to ***** and moan to the media.

Crosby is the poster boy for 1) the NHL, 2) hockey at large, and - and here's The Thing for an ever increasing percentage of peeps - 3) diving, bitching-'n'-moaning, and all that cheddar.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#42 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

And Crosby responds because, hey, he's Crosby.

http://www.post-gaze...ys-digs-629716/

Oh wait, maybe he's not going to respond...

Penguins center Sidney Crosby said today that he didn't care to respond to critical remarks NBC hockey analyst Mike Milbury made about him during an interview with a Philadelphia radio station Monday.

Phew, keeping his whiny mouth shut for a change.

And then, almost immediately, he responded, albeit briefly.

...never mind.

And of course, he unknowingly admits the whole double-standard when it comes to penalizing him.

"There are times when, it's a contact sport, and I do get involved, but I don't think I've gotten one penalty in a scrum since I've been back."

...despite the fact that there have clearly been times he should have been penalized. Spoiled little baby boy just doesn'tf****** get it.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#43 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

The problem with Crosby being the poster boy of the NHL is his behavior. He is immature and disrespectful, that is why I can't stand him and all the praise he is always getting. I've never had any respect for him because of us unprofessional behavior...yes he may be talented but that gets canceled out when you're a whiny *****.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#44 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Today on Hockeycentral, Doug Maclean was defending Crosby and doesn't understand why so many people rip him all the time. :lol:

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 03 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#45 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey, Milbury only stated to the hockey world what many of us feel, so good for him. :clap:

Agreed.

While guys like Milbury, and Cherry irritate many fans - I gotta admit that I find myself agreeing with them from time to time.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#46 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

And, predictably, Milbury pusses out while Uncle Gary makes him apologize to his precious baby boy and his crying fans. Ugh. There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

http://sports.yahoo....-163552336.html

Haha! Hilarious.

Little doggie Milbury runs back to his crate crying with his tail between his legs the second master Bettman scolds him. And he was just calling someone else a punk? Lol, thats rich!

(even though as we all agree that Crosby does act like a spoiled little punk)

Edited by sleepwalker, 03 April 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#47 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Haha! Hilarious.

Little doggie Milbury runs back to his crate crying with his tail between his legs the second master Bettman scolds him. And he was just calling someone else a punk? Lol, thats rich!

(even though as we all agree that Crosby does act like a spoiled little punk)

I'm sure he cares more about making a (good) living and keeping his job than to stand up for fans of a sporting event.

#48 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Too bad Brian Marchment or Scott Stevens are no longer in this league.

Thats all I have to say about this.

#49 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm sure he cares more about making a (good) living and keeping his job than to stand up for fans of a sporting event.

Well, obviously. I was pointing out the immense and quite funny irony of him ranting about Cindy being a punk, only to completely punk out himself almost immediately after making the comment.

#50 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

When does Crosby start fights he can't finish? No idea where you get this from.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to dive.

Crosby isn't the only star in the league to ***** and moan to the media.

I never said it was only Crosby, I was addressing a whole group of young players who have this air of entitlement, like they have special rules that apply only to them. And I hate to say this but, it seems they are right.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#51 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I never said it was only Crosby, I was addressing a whole group of young players who have this air of entitlement, like they have special rules that apply only to them. And I hate to say this but, it seems they are right.

Not to get off topic, but I don't even fully blame these young players, its beyond that, its the entire generation and the way they've been brought up. It seems anyone under the age of about 35 or so these days is part of what has been referred to as the "entitlement generation" and bases their philosophy and attitude on the "I am owed the world on a platter" type mentality.

#52 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

And, predictably, Milbury pusses out while Uncle Gary makes him apologize to his precious baby boy and his crying fans. Ugh. There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

http://sports.yahoo....-163552336.html

God forbid HWSNBN has to take his lumps like every player does, including taking s*** from TV talking heads. The poor widdle pwincess.

Edited by Electrophile, 03 April 2012 - 05:47 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#53 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Even when he scored the Olympic goal in 2010 the first thing I said (after jumping up and celebrating) was "uggghhh, I wish it was ANYONE but him". Because he was a complete ghost 95% of that tournament and got all the credit - just like in 2009 when he was a minus player almost every game, couldnt win faceoffs, and put up no numbers in the finals but because of who he is its viewed as HIS victory.

Yea when Crosby scored that OT winner the first thing I said was, "Why Crosby?"

And yea again, in 2009 Malkin, Talbot, Fleury, the NHL (for not suspending Malkin for Game 3), and the refs (for not being able to count to 6) won the Cup. It wasn't Crosby.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#54 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yea when Crosby scored that OT winner the first thing I said was, "Why Crosby?"

And yea again, in 2009 Malkin, Talbot, Fleury, the NHL (for not suspending Malkin for Game 3), and the refs (for not being able to count to 6) won the Cup. It wasn't Crosby.

For the upteenth time:

Malkin wasn't the only one who's suspension based on that rule was rescinded. He wasn't out there to send a message and the suspension wasn't necessary in that case.

jroc: Who said it was Crosby's victory and no one elses? Malkin won the Conn Smythe, everyone celebrated with the cup, Talbot was praised for his two goals in that series as well as other players throughout (including Staal's shorthanded goal in game 4).

Better get out your torch and pitchforks, it's a Wings fan defending Crysby.

Shaman: I haven't seen any evidence that Crosby gets preferential treatment from the league compared to everyone else. Guess what? Star players, liked or not, tend to get the benefit of the doubt over lower players. It isn't just Crosby.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 03 April 2012 - 09:21 PM.

Posted Image

#55 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

God forbid HWSNBN has to take his lumps like every player does, including taking s*** from TV talking heads. The poor widdle pwincess.

Careful - you'll have Majsheppard on your case for gender stereotyping ;)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#56 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Malkin wasn't the only one who's suspension based on that rule was rescinded. He wasn't out there to send a message and the suspension wasn't necessary in that case.

This makes it sound like skill players are exempt from the rule. He acted tough within the last 5, apply the f***in rule and don't read the f***in' jersey first! f***!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#57 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

Well, just to play devil's advocate, Milbury does have pretty powerful bosses over his shoulder. He's in a profession where it seems as if he's very replaceable if he isn't willing to be a talking head. He has to make a living somehow and I would imagine that hockey might be all that Milbury really knows in his life. His prospects for coaching don't seem bright and his hopes for a GM job could be all but dead in the water (If any of you don't know Milbury's history as a GM, look it up, it's HIGH-larious). Broadcasting might just be all that he has left. In some ways he's lucky just to have a job in the NHL and he can't really fight the power all that much.

That said... I'd really like him off the air. :cool:

Spoiled little baby boy just doesn'tf****** get it.

That kind of reminds me of the 2009 finals where the press would ask him about why he felt the need to cross check Z after the whistles so much and he said something to the effect of, 'I'm not going to say he started it... But he started it...." It was obviously not in those words but the sentiment was similar.

#58 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

That kind of reminds me of the 2009 finals where the press would ask him about why he felt the need to cross check Z after the whistles so much and he said something to the effect of, 'I'm not going to say he started it... But he started it...." It was obviously not in those words but the sentiment was similar.

Yep. Z "started it" by completely owning the little ****** nozzle.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#59 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

For the upteenth time:

jroc: Who said it was Crosby's victory and no one elses? Malkin won the Conn Smythe, everyone celebrated with the cup, Talbot was praised for his two goals in that series as well as other players throughout (including Staal's shorthanded goal in game 4).

Better get out your torch and pitchforks, it's a Wings fan defending Crysby.

Shaman: I haven't seen any evidence that Crosby gets preferential treatment from the league compared to everyone else. Guess what? Star players, liked or not, tend to get the benefit of the doubt over lower players. It isn't just Crosby.

I don't think message sending was the issue for malkin. I thought it was because he didn't have his jersey tied down. Same thing Hossa received a 1 game suspension for earlier in the season.

#60 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

This makes it sound like skill players are exempt from the rule. He acted tough within the last 5, apply the f***in rule and don't read the f***in' jersey first! f***!

esteef

Not if you understand the spirit of the rule it doesn't.

Scott Walker suckered Aaron Ward (oh memories!) and took an instigator penalty during the 2009 Eastern Semi Finals and his suspension was also rescinded. He was only fined for the sucker punch.

Do you think Scott Walker was a "skill" player that year?

I don't think message sending was the issue for malkin. I thought it was because he didn't have his jersey tied down. Same thing Hossa received a 1 game suspension for earlier in the season.

If that was the case Zetterberg would have also been suspended.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 04 April 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image