• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blues 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

A certain Blues fan predicts a non-caring Blues team will beat a desperate Wings team 3-1.

No, actually, I said it is quite possible the Wings beat the Blues simply because the game means a lot more to them. And for some reason that thinking was attacked (even though a Wings fan said pretty much the same thing earlier in the thread), so that's when I came back with the 3-1 Blues win as a joke.

Does that clear things up?

Hopefully both teams play like it's a playoff game and we see some great hockey...with a 3-1 Blues victory of course. ;)

I just read the TSN power rankings for s***s and giggles and it has us 7th which is about right, the funny thing is that under key injuries it has us listed as having none. I'm pretty sure that Helm is a key injury to this team.

Curt, do you have an idea as to which goalie is starting the playoffs?

It's up in the air. Hitchcock hasn't said. And fans are kind of split on who they think should get the nod.

I don't think sharing time is a good solution in the playoffs. You can't afford to not go not go with your best every night.

If it were me, I'd go with Elliott. I think he is more deserving because of how consistently good he has been all year.

How do you not start a goalie who is putting up the best numbers the NHL has seen in over 50 years?

Whoever starts in game #1, if they do not play well, you can almost be sure you'll see the other guy in for gmae #2.

Heading to the game in a little bit. If I never post again it's because I was killed :P

Taking a girl that's never watched a hockey game in her life (not a date, too young and she's never watched hockey, just work with her). She said she's going to wear a blue t-shirt. I'll never talk to her again if she becomes a Blues fan

Taking a girl that's never watched a hockey game in her life (not a date, too young and she's never watched hockey, just work with her). She said she's going to wear a blue t-shirt. I'll never talk to her again if she becomes a Blues fan

That's just wrong. It's a date. :hehe:

I'd like to see the Wings come out hungry and with some attitude. I think they are more than able to beat the Blues. This is a battle of two of the Western Conference heavyweights, though the Wings haven't played that way recently. I think the Wings will play better to finish off the season and get at least 4 points in their final three games.

Pavs has the magic hands, and he's getting his legs back. Hank has been a beast, and Franzen is due for a decent game. I also think Nyquist is due for a coming out party with a big game. Howie is going to step up and win the goaltending battle in what I think is going to be an offensive shootout. Let's Go Wings!

Call it whatever you want. But I doubt evening up the season series is much of a concern for St. Louis right now. With where they are in the standings, why would they care that much about that?

There is a slim chance the Blues can still win the conference, so I guess they do have that to play for, but that probably won't happen. The most important things for the Blues right now are to get some of the guys back from injury into playoff shape and to of course to stay healthy.

Sure, it would be nice to win this game, and believe me, I love a Blues victory over the Wings whenever we can get it, and I'd love to win this game for a couple reasons...but in the end, this game has no bearing on where the Blues will finish, so it would not shock me if the Red Wings come out and take this game...however, that would still piss me off. :ranting:

Honestly, if the Blues come out and take it to Detroit, I'd be concerned if I were a Wings fan. Detroit SHOULD want this game a whole lot more than St. Louis. But I guess that's why they play the games.

This is a big measuring stick game for both teams, whether you think so or not.

Do I think the Wings can beat the Blues on the road? Right now, no I don't. Would I love to be proven wrong? f*** yes. Very excited for this one, the best hockey game of the regular season for my money was the 3-2 win over St Louis at home before the all star break or whenever it was. Was great hockey, hard hitting, no backing down hockey. The wings haven't played like that much in the past few months so I would love to see it happen tonight :thumbup:

I just read the TSN power rankings for s***s and giggles and it has us 7th which is about right, the funny thing is that under key injuries it has us listed as having none. I'm pretty sure that Helm is a key injury to this team.

Yea I would sure say so. Which is still why I think Mursak should be playing over Emmerton but oh well. At least that is a little better then the ESPN power rankings which have actually been decent all year but recently have been a bit off IMO. But I don't expect much from ESPN in the first place.

Very pumped for this game!

Blues scare me and I haven't been able to say that for years! Mostly because of their epic goaltending. That being said, our boys have a LOT more to play for and need the two points. Gotta get a groove going into the playoffs.

LET'S GO WINGS!!!!

This is a perfect game/time for them to hone in on their skills. Not only as individuals, but most definitely as a team. They must play this game for themselves. And THEIR sense of pride. Not for us, not the media, not their families. Just for them and their team mates. They have what it takes. This is the time for them to show what they're really made of.

And they need to rotate more, get open more, AND shoot more on power plays. Keep the lane blockers guessing, dammit!

GO, MY BELOVED WINGS!!!! :champs:

Very pumped for this game!

Blues scare me and I haven't been able to say that for years! Mostly because of their epic goaltending. That being said, our boys have a LOT more to play for and need the two points. Gotta get a groove going into the playoffs.

LET'S GO WINGS!!!!

Long time no see, kiddo. :D

I think I've been bad luck lately, so I'm scared to watch this one. Plus having to deal with the ****** crew on NBCS.

This is going to be a huge statement game, also an important one to determine the playoff positions. Hopefully the Wings show up and can prove that they're still a big threat to any team in the playoffs. Here's to all lines clicking and a huge Win for our team in red.

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Hudler, Franzen, Lidstrom)

Blues 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!