• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blues 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

He logged off due to the insanely offensive language we tolerate here on LGW.

We're just impolite assholes because we use foul language to get our point across! Think of all the 10 year olds on this public sport forum! Save their ears and eyes!

Where is cprice?

He didn't care about this game, as neither did his team apparently. He's probably sleeping because of the lacked of effort his team displayed tonight. :sarcasm:

It will be replayed at 2:00pm tomorrow on nhl network right after the replay of the habs game.

Thank you much!

And those talking about Ericsson - agreed he was great out there tonight. Hope he keeps it up. I think the reason everyone hates on him is because he has so much potential and hasn't showed nearly as much as he's capable of doing but I think tonight was a good indicator that he's got a lot to offer. Atta boy.

Kindl must not see the ice during the playoffs, I've been rooting for him to step up and earn a roster spot but he's actually taken a significant step backwards. I don't see him being re-signed at the end of his contract, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dealt at the draft in some picks & prospects trade.

Apparently April is the new March for Franzen, but if you have to pick a game in which to flip that switch, why not a statement game against a bitter division rival who you may realistically face in the playoffs.

Our powerplay needs some serious help, they need to keep the top 2 lines together for man advantage, they have such chemistry at even strength why not see what they can do with more time and space.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi/Holmstrom

Lidstrom-White

Hudler-Zetterberg-Filppula

Kronwall-Quincey/Smith

I hope that our playoff games are not that bi-polar, but tonight truly felt like a playoff game with the atmosphere and intensity, this is why I love hockey.

It was a great game for the Wings. Kindl was probably responsible for both goals. Except for a few minutes in the first period when their passing was like something out of an old Mack Sennet comedy, the Wings played a helluva game. Even their power play looked better. Obviously not there yet, but better.

As much as the Blues were hitting, I don't think one of them disrupted the Wings, play. I was proud of them for keeping it together in spite of the barrage. The second guy who hit Stuart should be suspended because of the timing, if nothing else. He'd just been slammed by one guy and wasn't about to go anywhere fast. Don't know if there's a rule like that but if there isn't, there ought to be.

Datsyuk, Howard, Franzen and Ericsson had especially nice games. Not sure how much energy they'll have for the next one, but I am so damn proud of the way they hung together in this one. They be lookin' like the Wings of old!

We're just impolite assholes because we use foul language to get our point across! Think of all the 10 year olds on this public sport forum! Save their ears and eyes!

I know, there are times when I just break down after reading all of the mindless cussing on here. We're such dickbags, guys.

Wow, that was fun. I will admit I was totally expecting to lose 2-1 just because the Red Wings have pulled that tease so many times this season. In saying that, these guys deserve a ton of credit for not quitting tonight. They could have packed it in and gone away easily down 2-0, but they battled and got a huge two points against a very good team in a tough environment.

Is it fair to say the Red Wings as a whole are a lot like Franzen this season? Excellent at their best, decent other times though nothing special and listless borderline awful at their worst. It's frustrating to watch, but if the Red Wings team and Franzen that showed up late in the third and OT tonight does the same in a week, my confidence level increases immensely. Mule, Datsyuk and Jimmy were unreal. Ericsson continues to be very dependable and playing smart. IMO he's been the second best d-man on the team since his return. I like E with Nick and let Quincey/White be the third pairing. Kronwall/Stuart have struggled a bit, but I suspect they will be strong in the playoffs as usual.

Ian White has also regressed a lot the past few months. White never hits the net, even if his shot doesn't get blocked. He's a steal still for the contract, just hasn't been very reliable at either end lately. Kindl should probably not play another game this season. Smith would be way better on the point of the PP and I would prefer Smith to be the 7th d-man in the playoffs if one of the regulars is out.

Jimmy has to start again tomorrow. With a win and a Nashville loss in regulation, home ice advantage is clinched.

It was great to see #93 wake up and play!!! Looks like Datsyuk is back to game speed, he looked great tonight. Overall I thought the team played well. Good win. If we can get the power play going were going to be just fine. Great game by Jim Howard in net. This team is so weird, some nights we look SO good, other nights.......... not so much.

game over

2-0 coming up, roll over and sleep wings

sorry Howard the players in front of you are laughable

Penalty to Homer.

We're done.

Ok this game is over

of course, game over

Ah, how quick some of us bail on our team.

In all seriousness, the Wings did show some heart this game. Both teams had a lot of chances, and the Blues definitely took advantage of some opportunities. At the same time, so did the Wings late in the game. This had playoff intensity all over it, and the Wings earned the extra point. Two games to go, seal up home ice in the first round!

It was great to see #93 wake up and play!!! Looks like Datsyuk is back to game speed, he looked great tonight. Overall I thought the team played well. Good win. If we can get the power play going were going to be just fine. Great game by Jim Howard in net. This team is so weird, some nights we look SO good, other nights.......... not so much.

Datsyuk turned up the skill and had St. Louis on their heels for the latter half of the third period, but I don't think he is back to his game speed yet. I could tell he was struggling to make moves and handle battles most of the game. Since he has been back, including tonight, he has gone down way easier than he ever has in the past. Seems to me his still favoring his knees, at least as far as being very cautious. Two great moves and passes from Pavel on the goals, and several great plays throughout the night, but he's not quite 100% yet. We're seeing Pavel on about 8, not 11.

The lesson: Datsyuk + Anybody in the whole world = good.

Game speed not withstanding, when in doubt, refer to this ^

Datsyuk turned up the skill and had St. Louis on their heels for the latter half of the third period, but I don't think he is back to his game speed yet. I could tell he was struggling to make moves and handle battles most of the game. Since he has been back, including tonight, he has gone down way easier than he ever has in the past. Seems to me his still favoring his knees, at least as far as being very cautious. Two great moves and passes from Pavel on the goals, and several great plays throughout the night, but he's not quite 100% yet. We're seeing Pavel on about 8, not 11.

Pavel at 11 will arrive in time for playoffs.

The Wings will win the first two rounds of the playoffs. You heard it here first!

i said it after last game with blues, and i hane to say it again: certain team, wearing blue in home games, confuses toughness with stupidity.

good game wings, good to see mule back!

i said it after last game with blues, and i hane to say it again: certain team, wearing blue in home games, confuses toughness with stupidity.

good game wings, good to see mule back!

I agree. I'm really not too worried about playing the Blues in the playoffs. Their lack of discipline and their immaturity will kill them no matter who they play this playoffs.

Why must you always be so vague, so cryptic? Quit being a tease and tell us how you really feel, Nightfall.

Sure, I will elaborate since you asked.

If I bailed on the Wings everytime they went down 2-0, I would have missed so many great games. Like the brawl back in 1997, or the Wings beating Colorado in Game 2 of the Conference finals back in 1997.

I could understand if they were down by 4 or 5 goals, but 2? Some people here threw in the towel way too quickly and easily.

Pavel at 11 will arrive in time for playoffs.

The Wings will win the first two rounds of the playoffs. You heard it here first!

Maybe. If the coach allocates ice time appropriately and plays the players that deserve to be playing.

dry.gif He did didn't he? Kindl cannot be back in the lineup, it just can't happen.

Ericsson has take a lot of s*** on this board, but when you think about it he is the only d-man with size that can match up with the power forward reality of the NHL these days. He has progressed nicely with puck decisions and physicality this year. Yes, he has been a project, but I think Holland might have been correct on this one and I notice a big diff since he has been back w/ Lids.