• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#721 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I dont know what happened in your case so this isn't necessarily directed at you, but I want to make people aware of the policy here:

Trolling other teams' sites can lead to a suspension and banning from this one if Matt or the mods find out about it.

We don't want Wings fans stirring up crap on other sites because it usually brings a flood of trolls back here.

I'm not trolling anywhere, not willingly anyways. My comments were smuggled from behind the fortified walls of LGW and imported into the barren wasteland that LGB*T is by a domestic terrorist residing amongst us. You won't catch me with an account over there. To be less cryptic, a bunch of our comments were quoted on LGB*T where we were then called a bunch of sensitive sallies for responding to someone who claims to want to have conversations about hockey with us.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#722 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

We post comments from other forums from time to time. Mostly from GDT's so our members can see what other folks are saying. It's usually a thread entitled, "From their perspective."

Our users love it.

Sorry I called you a sensitive Sally. ;)
I'll buy you a beer at a game sometime.

I don't waste my time lurking to other teams websites because I don't see any good coming out of it. I'm simply stating your lack of professionalism, but hey, it's just my opinion.

But, i'll take that beer.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#723 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'm not trolling anywhere, not willingly anyways. My comments were smuggled from behind the fortified walls of LGW and imported into the barren wasteland that LGB*T is by a domestic terrorist residing amongst us. You won't catch me with an account over there. To be less cryptic, a bunch of our comments were quoted on LGB*T where we were then called a bunch of sensitive sallies for responding to someone who claims to want to have conversations about hockey with us.

:lol:

I didn't figure you were, but it made me realize I should re-state Matt's policy about members here trolling on other team's sites, in case anyone was tempted.

#724 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hahah cprice you must be kidding me right? Franzen is a patsy, he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. What he did to Backes was nothing! Backes pretends to be this big, tough abrasive player, but then Franzen gets tangled up with him at the end of the period and all of a sudden he's a wobbly legged little girl and goes down like nothing. Intent to injure :lol: When'd you start watching hockey? 2006? Christ man, c'mon. There's being pissed at the refs, and then there's flat out not knowing what your talking about.

In fact, I'm so tired of hearing about Backes being this "tough, hard nosed player" I'll post his fight log, and before you mention Franzens fight log (:lol:) lets establish that Franzen is a *****, and no one would ever mistake him for a tough player the way Backes is. He's got losses to Andrew Ference, Clayton Stoner, Ladislav Smid, Rick Nash and wins vs Shawn Horcoff, Cam Barker, Fedor Tyutin, Jonathan Toews, Corey Perry. What do all of those players have in common? None of them fighters, Backes is a puss, and he showed it last night by embellishing against Johan Franzen of all people. Please, if you choose to whine about the refs, that's fine there idiots, I agree. But about that play? No chance pal.

Cross check to the chin...drew blood.

Ok...yeah...he was faking. You're right. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

#725 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I love Backes' head jerk after Franzen punches him when he's on the ice. It looked like professional wrestling out there.

I was waiting for the ref to turn his back while Franzen went and grabbed a folding chair, or climbed up on the dasher.

#726 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

I love Backes' head jerk after Franzen punches him when he's on the ice. It looked like professional wrestling out there.

I was waiting for the ref to turn his back while Franzen went and grabbed a folding chair, or climbed up on the dasher.

LOL. Hey, physics don't apply in the rink.

#727 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Ok...yeah...he was faking. You're right. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Well, you're in a tough position. You either have to admit that a) Backes is a Thorton-class diver or b) after chirping Datsyuk like a punk, he got physically owned by a big soft noodle man pansy without even remotely trying to defend himself at the time, or later in the game.

Tough spot to be in as a Blues fan. Par for the course today I suppose.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#728 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I wish I was good with photoshop right about now. :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#729 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

So, Backes jerking his head when he was punched automatically makes the Franzen "blood-drawing" cross check to the chin and punch to the head not a penalty?

I don't recall reading that in the rule book anywhere.

Like I said...if Backes had done this to Datsyuk, you guys would be livid and Backes would have been penalized and be facing a fine or suspension.

#730 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I DVR'd the game and skipped the inbetween period stuff.
But if you think the national media guys are anti-Detroit...you are crazy.
All we ever hear from the national guys is how great Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Zetterberg are. They never stop. Inbetween periods, during the game, after the game...

You obviously don't watch a lot of NBC Wings coverage.

How about the time this season when you could hear Olczyk moan like a women 18 hours into child birth when the Wings beat Chicago in overtime? Did you see that? Were you watching?

There are about 100 LGWs members that can back me up here without bias.

#731 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Well, you're in a tough position. You either have to admit that a) Backes is a Thorton-class diver or b) after chirping Datsyuk like a punk, he got physically owned by a big soft noodle man pansy without even remotely trying to defend himself at the time, or later in the game.

Tough spot to be in as a Blues fan. Par for the course today I suppose.

You're ok with that not being a penalty?

#732 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

So, Backes jerking his head when he was punched automatically makes the Franzen "blood-drawing" cross check to the chin and punch to the head not a penalty?

Like I said...if Backes had done this to Datsyuk, you guys would be livid and Backes would have been penalized and be facing a fine or suspension.

Someone better call the Wah-mber Lamps

s*** like that happens, even to the Wings. I can remember no less than 2 accounts where Franzen has been high-sticked in the face (cheek) and was dripping blood on his way to the bench without a call. Is it annoying? Yes. Can you do anything about it? No. Basically what I'm saying is, get the f*** over it.

#733 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

You obviously don't watch a lot of NBC Wings coverage.

How about the time this season when you could hear Olczyk moan like a women 18 hours into child birth when the Wings beat Chicago in overtime? Did you see that? Were you watching?

There are about 100 LGWs members that can back me up here without bias.

You're singling out Olczyk...a former Hawk.

In general, the national guys love to talk about how great the Wings are.

Emmerick was constantly praising the skill of Detroit and Datsyuk more specifically during last night's game.
I'm not saying they aren't worthy of praise, but it's weird to hear Wings fans say how the national media guys root against Detroit, when that just isn't the case from what I have seen.

#734 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Datsyuk is russian, a non-fighter, and isn't lauded by every analyst for his tough, physical play. And even he wouldn't have taken getting crosschecked sitting down like Backes did. It's not about the act, it's about how a "big tough guy" like Backes acted like a ***** and dove and embellished. You don't get it do you? It was Johan Franzen, that "crosscheck" that drew blood couldn't hurt a fly, and yet Backes went down like he was shot.

#NOMOREKINDL

#735 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

You're ok with that not being a penalty?

I never said it shouldn't have been a penalty. I'm saying Backes is either really really soft, or he embellished. The blood probably came from hitting his chin on the diving board.

Should have been two mintues to Franzen for the swat, two minutes to Backes for misconduct or whatever you want to call it.

Emmerick was constantly praising the skill of Detroit and Datsyuk more specifically during last night's game.
I'm not saying they aren't worthy of praise, but it's weird to hear Wings fans say how the national media guys root against Detroit, when that just isn't the case from what I have seen.

I didn't mention Emmerick. He's a play-by-play guy. He sticks to the facts. It's the color guys (Piere and Olczyk) that spin things.

#736 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

It's really just Olczyk. I can't believe they have him doing national games. His bias for the Pens and Hawks is pretty obvious. And I'm talking about games where they're not even playing the Wings.

And during Wings games he honestly does refer to the Wings "subtle interference" at least once a game, and points out penalties that should've been called on the Wings.

I think Doc is great. And McGuire is well, McGuire.

#737 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Someone better call the Wah-mber Lamps

s*** like that happens, even to the Wings. I can remember no less than 2 accounts where Franzen has been high-sticked in the face (cheek) and was dripping blood on his way to the bench without a call. Is it annoying? Yes. Can you do anything about it? No. Basically what I'm saying is, get the f*** over it.

You're talking about a call where the ref didn't even see the high stick. That happens all of the time and, while it sucks, it is understandable...it happens...it's part of the human element. However, a ref actually seeing a stick infraction that draws blood and putting the whistle away like last night? That's a disgrace to the NHL. Especially when they are supposed to be cracking down on things like that.

#738 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't recall saying it shouldn't have been a penalty.

And I already stated, if Backes had done that to Dats. Datsyuk would've stayed on his skates and likely come right back at him. Franzen probably should've gotten 2 minutes for roughing for his gloved punch. Maybe the refs decided not to give anything because of Backes' diving. Who knows.

It's not like Backes had anything to fear going back at Franzen. It's not like Mule would've dropped the gloves and fought. Instead Backes held on to his stick and then dove when Franzen came at him. Maybe he's hoping to play for Vancouver one day?

The game had a playoff like atmosphere. Other than the blown call on Reaves (which led to the Blues first goal by the way), the refs let 'em play both ways.

You're talking about a call where the ref didn't even see the high stick. That happens all of the time and, while it sucks, it is understandable...it happens...it's part of the human element. However, a ref actually seeing a stick infraction that draws blood and putting the whistle away like last night? That's a disgrace to the NHL. Especially when they are supposed to be cracking down on things like that.

Like Steen taking Kronwall down by the throat? The refs had a pretty good look at that one.

If you're that bent out of shape about last night, you're really not going to like the playoffs. :P

#739 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I never said it shouldn't have been a penalty. I'm saying Backes is either really really soft, or he embellished. The blood probably came from hitting his chin on the diving board.

Should have been two mintues to Franzen for the swat, two minutes to Backes for misconduct or whatever you want to call it.

I didn't mention Emmerick. He's a play-by-play guy. He sticks to the facts. It's the color guys (Piere and Olczyk) that spin things.

A stick infraction that draws blood can't be 2 minutes...it has to be at least 4.
And if you give 4 or 5 minutes to Franzen for the crosscheck, and also give Backes 2, that's a power play for St. Louis. And if Franzen is given 5, he is tossed from the game...which obviously could have changed the outcome of the game.

But really, I think the ref would have a hard time explaining a diving call on Backes when the stick to the chin check drew blood.

#740 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Fellas...let's all just calm down and remember some words of wisdom from Bryzgalov.