• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Welcome Back Mule!

Rate this topic

Great job Mule! God i have been screaming at the tv non-stop, and finally you unleash the beast! Great work keep it up! So now that the Bert- Datsyuk- Mule line clicked what do you guys think our lines should be in the playoffs when Helm is back?

Great job Mule! God i have been screaming at the tv non-stop, and finally you unleash the beast! Great work keep it up! So now that the Bert- Datsyuk- Mule line clicked what do you guys think our lines should be in the playoffs when Helm is back?

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Nyquist - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Nyquist - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

i say replace holmstrom with mursak/conner that line would look alot better with a healthy eaves

Guest irishock

i say replace holmstrom with mursak/conner that line would look alot better with a healthy eaves

Babcock won't replace Homer because of his PP ability, but our PP has been downright awful with or without him.

Anyone else feel that Smith will play over Kindl? At least for a game or two? I know it's risky but I feel both of them are pretty much at the same stage, skill-wise, but Smith has more upside and seems like he'd be a better playoff player.

And yes, Franzen had a great game. Let's hope this is the start of one of his streaks, and it lasts until June. Then he can take October off.

It would appear that with the first week of April drawing to a close Franzen has began to initiate the transformation from "Orvil the morbidly obese Donkey" into "T2008 Cyborg-Mule". The goals were nice, as was choke-slamming Backes, but what was really encouraging was seeing him carry the puck through the neutral zone and successfully attack the offensive zone carrying the puck and moving his feet. The coast/dish/dump-in weve seen from most guys not named Zetterberg lately has become pretty tiresome - it was nice to see Pavel getting up to speed as well.

Anyone else feel that Smith will play over Kindl? At least for a game or two? I know it's risky but I feel both of them are pretty much at the same stage, skill-wise, but Smith has more upside and seems like he'd be a better playoff player.

And yes, Franzen had a great game. Let's hope this is the start of one of his streaks, and it lasts until June. Then he can take October off.

Right now I would say yes... Smith over Kindl, even though i still believe Kindl is a solid player just had an awful night to say the least... But, I believe the d pairs for Game 1 will be:

Lidstrom - Ericsson

Kronwall - Stuart

White - Quincey

Actually I wasn't all that impressed with him tonight.

Well, aside from the two goals of course, but I'm still waiting to see that tenacity where he grabs the puck and never lets go, plows through a couple players from the corner and earns his scoring opportunities, instead of the gift-wrapped pucks that Datsyuk fed him tonight.

I will admit he had a spark to his step after the first goal, and he looked a bit more confident in himself. Hopefully it translates into what we all know he's capable of in the upcoming games, but as it stands, this game wasn't Franzen being Franzen. Even if he did pot two goals.

Guest irishock

Actually I wasn't all that impressed with him tonight.

Well, aside from the two goals of course, but I'm still waiting to see that tenacity where he grabs the puck and never lets go, plows through a couple players from the corner and earns his scoring opportunities, instead of the gift-wrapped pucks that Datsyuk fed him tonight.

I will admit he had a spark to his step after the first goal, and he looked a bit more confident in himself. Hopefully it translates into what we all know he's capable of in the upcoming games, but as it stands, this game wasn't Franzen being Franzen. Even if he did pot two goals.

Him feeding off of Datsyuk passes is exactly what he's paid to do. He's not that gritty big guy who would dig pucks out of the corner or make eye popping plays night in and night out. His job is what it is: to put the puck in the net.

It seems like Pavel leaned over to Johan on the bench and said, "You get in scoring position; I get you puck no matter what. We win game. Now, go".

There are more than a few guys in the league who could have done what Franzen did at the end of the game. No one else could have done what Datsyuk did. No one.

Edited by T.Low

I had to listen to the game on the radio because I was at work but it sounded like Franzen was in on some scoring chances throughout the game at the least. I watched the two goals just now and I would have to credit Datsyuk for those more so than the Mule. But I'm not a Franzen hater the game sounded like he was competing and that's what I ask from him. But I'm most impressed by Datsyuk in those two goals.

Edited by joesuffP

Franzen doesn't really warm up until the playoffs are ready to start.... LOL. Or maybe you just have to get the mule mad. LOL. Thank goodness because our REAL top line needs to be our REAL top line. Z, Hudler, Filppula are great against non playoff teams.... especially Filppula.... but when it comes to top tier teams with size they are not impressive.... Filppula gets most of his points against teams like Columbus.

If Detroit's defense doesn't stop with the turnovers and bad passes they won't win one game in the playoffs.... sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. As has happened so many times earlier this year Howie saved Detroit's bacon.

Detroit must finish fourth to have a chance in the first round. Detroit will also have to stop giving up the first goal.... I don't think I ever saw a team win the cup by coming back to win every game.... LOL.

I had to listen to the game on the radio because I was at work but it sounded like Franzen was in on some scoring chances throughout the game at the least. I watched the two goals just now and I would have to credit Datsyuk for those more so than the Mule. But I'm not a Franzen hater the game sounded like he was competing and that's what I ask from him. But I'm most impressed by Datsyuk in those two goals.

Too bad you could not have seen Pavel work the puck in the 2nd half of the third period; unbelievable, even for a Datsyuk fan. I was disappointed to not see it on the NHL.com game highlight video and can only hope some of those shifts end up on youtube. He was looking for passing lanes and an open teammate while spinning away from the defense over and over again. He was making moves you can only make on two good knees; things are looking up.

Him feeding off of Datsyuk passes is exactly what he's paid to do. He's not that gritty big guy who would dig pucks out of the corner or make eye popping plays night in and night out. His job is what it is: to put the puck in the net.

With all due respect, I can't agree with that. Remember, he was drafted as a checking forward and after a considerable amount of work, he blossomed into a scorer, much to everyone's suprise.

Now, yes, he gets paid to score, but not in the Lang or Hull sense of "just put the puck in the net"; We expect a lot more out of his game than that.

That logic would work if he was more consistant. Hes not consistent enough to be a "just put he puck in the net" player. At his size going into the corner and being gritty needs to be the strong-point of his game. That is what frustrates us who are hard on Franzen because he used to do those things. Now when hes not scoring he is useless. If he would at-least use his body and hustle then he wouldn't catch as much flack when he goes into scoring droughts.

We really are that bi-polar, aren't we?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. From what I saw last night, Franzen only looked good the second half of the third period, and that's NOT because of the goals. The goals themselves, while great shots with a nice finish, were both the result of absolutely marvelous plays from Datsyuk; Franzen was just waiting in the weeds. I honestly thought he started to look great AFTER the two goals, making moves and hanging onto the puck. Before that, he was as invisible as he has been.

Definitely some encouraging things from Mule last night, but he's always had that capability. Its the consistent effort that's the issue. A step forward, but 2 gifts, a good 5 minutes in the 3rd period and great OT does not a Mule's return make :P Two games left in the season, its good to be optimistic, but lets try to keep our feet on the ground...

That logic would work if he was more consistant. Hes not consistent enough to be a "just put he puck in the net" player. At his size going into the corner and being gritty needs to be the strong-point of his game. That is what frustrates us who are hard on Franzen because he used to do those things. Now when hes not scoring he is useless. If he would at-least use his body and hustle then he wouldn't catch as much flack when he goes into scoring droughts.

Egg-zak-ry. Mule showed us how he's scored his goals all year, and why he should have WAY more. Two amazing plays from Pavel that he managed to bury. Afterwards, with two goals in his pocket, THAT'S when he finally started to show the hands and drive that lead many of us to believe that he SHOULD be a 40-goal scorer if he actually applied himself for more than about 20-30 games.

Riding shotgun with Pavel like he has been all season, he should be able to bury more. Skating and being strong on the puck - like he was in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and OT last night - consistently, he should be able to bury more.