• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Welcome Back Mule!

Rate this topic

Anyone wonder what he'd be like on a lower line? Like, much lower? Not because he's a bad player but because he could really use that size playing with someone like Helm or Abby. I understand matchups and everything, but I'd love to see a game with balanced lines. For example I love Nyquist with Dats, a good young rookie with a more veteran player, then Bert who can score a few and be physical. Say Franzen was on a line with Helm and, say, Miller, that would be a line that can hit but can also score? I mean Miller's shown that much all season.

I'm probably not explaining myself very well but hope it's coming across.

Franzen always has a game like this every once in a while. Until he does it game in and game out it does not even matter. Hell period in period out would be a start since even when he has good 'games' he only plays half of it hard.

Franzen always has a game like this every once in a while. Until he does it game in and game out it does not even matter. Hell period in period out would be a start since even when he has good 'games' he only plays half of it hard.

Remove his 5 goal game vs. Ottawa last season, and Franzen was a 22 goal-scorer. Think about that: 5 of 27 came in 1 of 82.

instead of the gift-wrapped pucks that Datsyuk fed him tonight.

This.

.There are more than a few guys in the league who could have done what Franzen did at the end of the game. No one else could have done what Datsyuk did. No one.

And this.

His two goals weren't the result of him playing great, it was a result of Pavel Datsyuk. That said, he did seem to have a better game than usual. Hopefully he can have success in the playoffs.

Datsyuk really just used Franzen as a median to get those pucks in the net, he made the plays but it looked to spark something in Mule after that, hope to see him pick it up for the playoffs.

Anyone wonder what he'd be like on a lower line? Like, much lower? Not because he's a bad player but because he could really use that size playing with someone like Helm or Abby. I understand matchups and everything, but I'd love to see a game with balanced lines. For example I love Nyquist with Dats, a good young rookie with a more veteran player, then Bert who can score a few and be physical. Say Franzen was on a line with Helm and, say, Miller, that would be a line that can hit but can also score? I mean Miller's shown that much all season.

I'm probably not explaining myself very well but hope it's coming across.

He was on the 3rd line, for like 4-5 games, and was equally as terrible there as he had been.

He was on the 3rd line, for like 4-5 games, and was equally as terrible there as he had been.

On top of that, the 3rd line at the time with Abdelkader, Miller, and Helm was one of, if not our best line. They were really grinding the opposition defense, providing a lot of garbage and chaos in front of the crease, and even putting the puck in the net at a decent clip (considering its essentially a Grind Line). Ironically, we demoted Franzen to the 3rd line and instead of lighting a fire under him and while providing the checking line with a useful big body, he continued to suck tremendous ass and effectively cooled down that line until Helm's injury.

Pretty sad when the most accountability he's seen is being demoted 4 games or so, and still playing so badly that Babcock just gave up on the experiment and put him back on the first line. Its been two seasons straight now in which Babcock disrupts the chemistry throughout his lineup just trying to get Johan Franzen to play like he's capable of. Line 2 has chemistry? Put him there! Line 3 has chemistry? Put him there! Line 1 is starting to come around and score consistently? Great, its fixed; put him there! *sigh*

Yeah for 1 game and technically all he had to do was shoot the puck on an open net from a great feed from datsyuk, on both goals he was just standing there. Guy is in-con-sis-tant. Period. Stats even prove it.

Plays like top 20 player when he is scoring (20% of season). Plays like lebda (80% of other season).

On top of that, the 3rd line at the time with Abdelkader, Miller, and Helm was one of, if not our best line. They were really grinding the opposition defense, providing a lot of garbage and chaos in front of the crease, and even putting the puck in the net at a decent clip (considering its essentially a Grind Line). Ironically, we demoted Franzen to the 3rd line and instead of lighting a fire under him and while providing the checking line with a useful big body, he continued to suck tremendous ass and effectively cooled down that line until Helm's injury.

Pretty sad when the most accountability he's seen is being demoted 4 games or so, and still playing so badly that Babcock just gave up on the experiment and put him back on the first line. Its been two seasons straight now in which Babcock disrupts the chemistry throughout his lineup just trying to get Johan Franzen to play like he's capable of. Line 2 has chemistry? Put him there! Line 3 has chemistry? Put him there! Line 1 is starting to come around and score consistently? Great, its fixed; put him there! *sigh*

+1

I've said it numerous times, but the Red Wings have to make major changes to the top-six this summer. I already have this sense of dread that when the playoffs start, it will be just Datsyuk, Zetterberg and now Filppula carrying the entire load. I don't think the Red Wings can score enough goals in tight games and the other half of the top-six is a huge reason why. Franzen is obviously infuriating to watch. If he doesn't have a huge playoff, I never want to hear the playoff performer line again. If he's going to float and not care for six months, he sure as hell better turn it up and score some goals in the postseason. I find it offensive he still gets a pass anyways for being lazy because of his previous history in the playoffs.

Hudler has actually been really good, but his size doesn't translate well at all to playoff hockey. Bertuzzi is decent enough I guess, though he shouldn't be a top-six forward on a contending team. Then you look at the rest of the Red Wings roster right now and there is literally no one else that could/should play on the top two lines. Nyquist will eventually get there, but it doesn't appear Babcock is all that willing to throw him into that role permanently already.

The Red Wings need Parise badly in free agency. It has to start and end with him when discussing a way to bolster the forward unit. 16 more years of Franzen isn't going to cut it. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filppula need more help.

Edited by GoWings1905

I've said it numerous times, but the Red Wings have to make major changes to the top-six this summer. I already have this sense of dread that when the playoffs start, it will be just Datsyuk, Zetterberg and now Filppula carrying the entire load. I don't think the Red Wings can score enough goals in tight games and the other half of the top-six is a huge reason why. Franzen is obviously infuriating to watch. If he doesn't have a huge playoff, I never want to hear the playoff performer line again. If he's going to float and not care for six months, he sure as hell better turn it up and score some goals in the postseason. I find it offensive he still gets a pass anyways for being lazy because of his previous history in the playoffs.

Hudler has actually been really good, but his size doesn't translate well at all to playoff hockey. Bertuzzi is decent enough I guess, though he shouldn't be a top-six forward on a contending team. Then you look at the rest of the Red Wings roster right now and there is literally no one else that could/should play on the top two lines. Nyquist will eventually get there, but it doesn't appear Babcock is all that willing to throw him into that role permanently already.

The Red Wings need Parise badly in free agency. It has to start and end with him when discussing a way to bolster the forward unit. 16 more years of Franzen isn't going to cut it. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filppula need more help.

I think Semin flanking Datsyuk would solve some problems too. I’d have no fear bringing him and all his baggage here to Detroit. I bet Holland snags him while the Rangers, Wild, Leafs, Kings, and whoever else, fight over Parise (edit).

Semin + some size on the bottom 6. No need to gut the core, but a trade or two should happen to add some meat. I’m sick of the 4th line having no identity.

Homer retires

Eaves doesn’t get cleared to play until January 2013

Emmerton gets traded at the draft.

Semin - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Zetterberg - Filpulla

Nyquist - Helm - (heathy) Cleary

Glass - Abdlekader - Prust

Miller

Edited by rick zombo

I thought Franzen was supposed to magically turn into a force come the playoffs. Thats been the defense for him all season at-least. Unsurprisingly he was as irrelevant tonight as he has been the last 2/3 of the regular season.

Honestly, considering the pace has picked up, Franzen looked even slower and less engaged tonight than he has been. And that's saying A LOT. Floating, and save for driving to the net ONCE, he was playing soft and diving all over the place. Tired of him phoning it in.

Honestly, considering the pace has picked up, Franzen looked even slower and less engaged tonight than he has been. And that's saying A LOT. Floating, and save for driving to the net ONCE, he was playing soft and diving all over the place. Tired of him phoning it in.

Oh jeez.

It's cute how Franzen needed to get all his playoff goals in the first game to be okay with LGW. You guys are so silly.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Oh jeez.

It's cute how Franzen needed to get all his playoff goals in the first game to be okay with LGW. You guys are so silly.

Who said anything about goals? The guy plays like soft crap, period. Have you not watched the pasted 60 games or so?

What's silly is the notion that it is OK that he plays lazy during the regular season because he'll flip a switch come April.

Who said anything about getting a bunch of goals? I would take him just showing any type of tenacity in his play. That would be an improvement and a step in the right direction. My comment was the fact that all of his defenders said that as soon as the playoffs started he would be back to 08 Franzen. Well the playoffs started and hes the same lackadaisical player he has been most of the season. Like I said int he GDT, Helm played 3 minutes and had more of an impact on the game than Franzen did.