4/5 GDT : Devils 2 at Red Wings 1

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#321 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Nothing can change the order now? What about a Nashville loss and a Detroit win?

#322 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

So if we lose to the Hawks in regulation on Saturday then we'd be tied in points and tied in ROW so what would be the tie breaker after that? Over all wins, series match up?

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs.

#323 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Can someone here clarify what the second tiebreaker is? Chicago is two points behind the Red Wings now with one fewer ROW and I see people saying the Red Wings can finish no worse than 5th regardless. Couldn't the Blackhawks win on Saturday and tie in both categories still?

That's what I was saying.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#324 hudler sucks

hudler sucks

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Chicago takes 5th with a ROW on Saturday. ROWs would be tied and Head to Head record is the next tiebreaker (Chicago already has the season series).

#325 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Okay so correct me if I am wrong but,

Hawks have 99 points right now with the shootout loss. They sit in 6th. Wings just need a point on Saturday against them to AT LEAST be in 5th and Two points and a Pred's loss to get 4th?
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#326 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

hawks lose in the s/o

#327 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Nothing can change the order now? What about a Nashville loss and a Detroit win?

Exactly.

#328 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yeah it would go to the series winner and Chicago would get that placing them ahead of us, if that is what it comes down to.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 05 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#329 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

hawks lose in the s/o

Hawks throw the SO is more accurate.

#330 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Chicago takes 5th with a ROW on Saturday. ROWs would be tied and Head to Head record is the next tiebreaker (Chicago already has the season series).

Then the Wings should realistically win that game, unless they want to play the Preds for some reason. Which means we need Colorado to beat Nashville in regulation.

FACK. At least it's in Colorado, maybe they'll play hard for their fans.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 05 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#331 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Nashville is NOT going to lose to Colorado with 4th on the line. I mean it can happen but they are not going to lose it.

#332 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Okay so correct me if I am wrong but,

Hawks have 99 points right now with the shootout loss. They sit in 6th. Wings just need a point on Saturday against them to AT LEAST be in 5th and Two points and a Pred's loss to get 4th?

Yeah, so then I guess that means all Detroit has to do is throw the game on Saturday and they're 6th. The worst part is that the Wings are playing first on Saturday so they can't really guarantee anything with a win.

#333 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Ridiculous and exciting that with one more game left, everything is still up in the air. Goodness.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 05 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#334 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Since we play first, I suggest we throw the game and end in 6th. If that happens, Nashville sends out the AHL team to rest their players.

#335 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, so then I guess that means all Detroit has to do is throw the game on Saturday and they're 6th. The worst part is that the Wings are playing first on Saturday so they can't really guarantee anything with a win.

You can't finish 4th by throwing the game on Saturday. Try and win and make the Predators do the same.

#336 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Ahhh true. Makes it even more aggravating. Saturday is going to be no fun. I have enough to worry about with my classes! I think if the Wings win, we should all chat it up in a Avs/Preds GDT and root for the Avs. Can't believe I just said that. Too much? :lol:

#337 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

You can't finish 4th by throwing the game on Saturday. Try and win and make the Predators do the same.

Right but.... the most likely outcome will be a Nashville win against a Colorado team that has nothing left to play for. I guess the upside to being 5th is we would not have to travel out West in the first round.

#338 CaptainCaveMan

CaptainCaveMan

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about this year's playoffs. They are still my team though, so I will be supporting them. However, I live in Nashville, and I really really really don't want to see the Preds knock us out in the first round. I would never hear the end of it. Do I really have to cheer for the Blackhawks tomorrow? :puke:

If we are going to get bounced from the playoffs...I'll take any team doing it besides Nashville.

Edited by CaptainCaveMan, 05 April 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#339 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Holy s***! The Avs are playing this bad at home!? At least Dallas lost to a good team. Sad.

#340 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Right but.... the most likely outcome will be a Nashville win against a Colorado team that has nothing left to play for. I guess the upside to being 5th is we would not have to travel out West in the first round.

Yeah, I can see that angle as well. I just think the Red Wings are still better off with home ice in the first round.

If LA wins tonight and eliminates the Sharks from finishing third, I'm slightly more open to the whole 6th seed idea. I think the Kings or Coyotes are both very beatable, but that brings in the travel downside again.

Edited by GoWings1905, 05 April 2012 - 10:11 PM.