• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#21 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

The Wings need a win tonight if they want home ice, Nashville has 2 "easy" games to finish the season.

Would agree that Nashville has the "easier" of games. (Two teams on the outside looking in)

...but Dallas is going to be desperate for a win tonight as they still have a chance for the post-season, so I see a really tough game for the Preds tonight.

As far as Saturday goes, I really hope that Colorado is ready and willing to play out their season strong.
:huh: (can't believe I just "wished" Colorado 'Good Luck')
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#22 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

the Wings need to play hard tonight, if not to win, than certainly to attract Parise to our organization.

#23 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Jimmy starting as per Babs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Lets tie home advantage up tonight!!!! 5-2 wingsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Man, I'm still high on last night's win and now we get to do it all over again! WOO-MOTHERf***ING-HOO!!!! LGRW!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#26 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

LW Eric Boulton plays in his 600th career game tonight.

Hope everyone's been doing good! I've been away on vacation so I haven't been posting much. LGW!

#27 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

"The Devilsí penalty killing efficiency of 89.8 percent (26 goals against on 256 times shorthanded) would surpass the post-expansion league record of 89.3 percent established by the 1999-2000 Dallas Stars."

Wow, thats incredible. I remember that Stars PK unit and it was just like a wall for 2 minutes at a time, but that was in the dead puck and oversized goalie pads era. For a team to do it under the current rules is amazing.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#28 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,799 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

It'll be an interesting game. Marty always plays us tough, and it's a back to back, but maybe the Wings can carry some momentum over from last night? We could certainly use the points! :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#29 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

To he'll with the devil(s)

#30 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Another key game LGW!!
After watching a decent amount of devils games this season, their PK is very very dangerous could make the wings look really stupid tonight, especially if god forbid kindl is still on it

Edited by cnot19, 05 April 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#31 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Posting this here because I don't think it warrants it's own thread, but the Kings play the first of their two games against San Jose tonight.

I'm a Kings fan too so I'm rooting for them, but keeping the Sharks out of the playoffs would be icing on the cake.

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Posting this here because I don't think it warrants it's own thread, but the Kings play the first of their two games against San Jose tonight.

I'm a Kings fan too so I'm rooting for them, but keeping the Sharks out of the playoffs would be icing on the cake.

Lots of important games tonight; all with playoff implications. SJS/LAK, CHI/MIN, NSH/DAL.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#33 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

I hope this one won't be a let down and all the players are still glowing from last night's win. We haven't locked up #4 spot yet so let's get some consistency going and win the next 2 going into the playoffs, then I'll start to feel a bit more confident.

#34 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Go Wings

Go Kings

Go Stars

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#35 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Go Wings

Go Kings

Go Stars

Classic!!!!!!!

4-2 Wings.

2-1 Kings (OT)

3-0 Nashville
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#36 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

As much as I would love the Sharks to miss the playoffs entirely, I'm beginning to wonder whether it would benefit the Wings in the long haul if the Sharks won the 8th seed. They've always been like the postseason tornado. They just destroy whatever is in their path early on, but they fizzle out pretty quickly and seem easy to weather deep in the playoffs. If the Sharks get the 8th seed, they'll be up against Vancouver, and I see the victor of that series limping away wounded. I don't know that Dallas has the capacity to upset the way the Sharks do.

#37 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Let's keep the momentum going, and let's start playing in the 1st period tonight instead of the end of the 3rd.

:clap: GO RED WINGS!!! :clap:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#38 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

As much as I would love the Sharks to miss the playoffs entirely, I'm beginning to wonder whether it would benefit the Wings in the long haul if the Sharks won the 8th seed. They've always been like the postseason tornado. They just destroy whatever is in their path early on, but they fizzle out pretty quickly and seem easy to weather deep in the playoffs. If the Sharks get the 8th seed, they'll be up against Vancouver, and I see the victor of that series limping away wounded. I don't know that Dallas has the capacity to upset the way the Sharks do.

+1. Totally agree. Even a 7th seed vs Blues would be great.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#39 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I want to see some more big hits. Unfortunately I have class from 7-10 e. Hopefully they let us out early since our break starts tomorrow.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#40 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

As far as Saturday goes, I really hope that Colorado is ready and willing to play out their season strong.
:huh: (can't believe I just "wished" Colorado 'Good Luck')

We do have strange bedfellows this time of year. :scared:

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke