Photo
- - - - -

I'm looking for the best Red Wings post game party in Detroit?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

My awesome Wife surprised me with tickets to Game 1 of Round 1 this year for my birthday and Iím looking for the best post game hang out in Detroit. This will ultimately help me decide which hotel I will stay at this time as I plan to be in full blown party-like-a-rock-star mode! The last couple years we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Washington St and partied at the Big City Bar afterwards. The first year we met Jimmy Howard, last year was cool because it happened to fall on Tigers opening day and there were people everywhere. I have heard some great things about Greektown area, and the Post Bar. I thought I would throw this out there and find out what you all think is the best post game party in town?

Also, will anyone else be going? Every time Iím there I ask the people I meet if they are on LGW, somehow thinking that everyone in Detroit is a Wings fan and a member of LGW. :huh:

#2 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Go to Hudler's Hooters. Great spot in Detroit to watch the Wings. You get to see hockey, drink booze and pay out your yang for first rate strippers. Yeah it's a tad expensive but well worth it. Go to www.hudlershooters.com for more info. Have a great time. :thumbup:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#3 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Any of the big ones are usually a good time. Cobo Joe's, Hockeytown Cafe, and Cheli's Chilis. Of the three I'd say Cobo Joe's best.

Note: Nevermind everything I just said. After reading your post again I notice you're going for the playoffs and getting a hotel. I thought you were just looking for drinks after the game. Greektown is fun though.

Edited by kipwinger, 05 April 2012 - 06:11 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#4 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Go to Hudler's Hooters. Great spot in Detroit to watch the Wings. You get to see hockey, drink booze and pay out your yang for first rate strippers. Yeah it's a tad expensive but well worth it. Go to www.hudlershooters.com for more info. Have a great time. :thumbup:

Hudlers...hooters?

Posted Image

#5 No1TopGun

No1TopGun

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Nice thread dude I was actually just trying to find the same sort of info, I'll be at games 1, 2 for the playoffs and it will be my first time in the US so I plan on partying.